The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please reconsider the cost and passive of Undo

Nerftheforums
Nerftheforums
✭✭✭✭✭
165 as a base cost is too low for such an ultimate. We had problems in the past (and most of us still have) with skills like resto ult, that were (and are) too cheap for what they do, up to a point where they are almost being spammed by toons like wardens, magblades and magsorcs. 165 ult cost for Undo is too low imo, it could be seriously have a tremendous uptime on sorcs and wardens (especially).
Could an increase to 200 cost be made? Such a strong ult should be used with a strategic purpose and consciousness, not mindlessly every 30 seconds.

Another mention should be made for the passive minor protection offered. That's not ok: not only it is offering a incredibly strong buff to survivability, but it is doing it passively. Please consider changing that buff to last X (8-10 seconds?) after the caster used the ulti.

My stamblade is strong enough, it doesn't need all this broken stuff to get nerfed somewhere else. Pretty please consider these proposals.

Edited to correct typos
Edited by Nerftheforums on April 30, 2018 11:19AM
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could care less about the cost of the ultimate and what it does, but I will slot it for the passive minor protection. It is an interesting alternative to dawnbreaker and meteor.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undo is a PvP Ultimate and not even then very great. It's gimmicky and you can play with it but I really think it's an overestimated Ultimate after all. It may have some niche uses in PvE as well but there are better Ultimates in my opinion.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    165 as a base cost is too low for such an ultimate. We had problems in the past (and most of us still have) with skills like resto ult, that were (and are) too cheap for what they do, up to a point where they are almost being spammed by toons like wardens, magblades and magsorcs. 165 ult cost for Undo is too low imo, it could be seriously have a tremendous uptime on sorcs and wardens (especially).
    Could an increase to 200 cost be made? Such a strong ult should be used with a strategic purpose and consciousness, not mindlessly every 30 seconds.

Another mention should be made for the passive minor protection offered. That's not ok: not only it is offering a incredibly strong buff to survivability, but it is doing it passively. Please consider changing that buff to last X (8-10 seconds?) after the caster used the ulti.

My stamblade is strong enough, it doesn't need all this broken stuff to get nerfed somewhere else. Pretty please consider these proposals.

Edited to correct typos

The 100 ult cost made Magicka Competitive with Stamina and probably should have been increased too 110 rather than 125. Honestly the ult cost is fine and the passive it grants seems alright as this is the sort of skill you would put on your back bar. Your back bar is also where people spend their defensive time as well. It's only 8% mitigation, it makes a difference but is not game breaking.

I want to wait and see more before changing it
    Edited by NyassaV on April 30, 2018 5:12PM
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

Edited to correct typos

The 100 ult cost made Magicka Competitive with Stamina and probably should have been increased too 110 rather than 125.

You play magsorc or magblage, am I right?

Btw, imagine that passive 8% on a stamblade, magblade or magsorc. Have you ever realised why certain templars and wardens are so hard to kill? This will make squishy classes tankier. Not a nice thing when they can basically shot you.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a damage ultimate. It's gimmicky and will require very skilled players to use effectively. Every time you opt for undo you are not getting a meteor/dawnbreaker/destro ult. 4 seconds is not even that much time to do anything...
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HELL NO! To all counts, NO!

1) The cost is not too low. It isn't as powerful as you think. This just resets your stats to where they were 4 seconds ago, not topping them up like other ultimates including the Restoration Staff Panacea ultimate. You're also vulnerable to moving yourself right back into any effects a boss or other player either left there or is casting there again. For example, the Wraith of Crows world boss in Clockwork City moves a big slow circle around following you so if you use this ultimate you move right back into it and it hits hard.

2) It's Major Protection, not Minor, and it requires the very BIG downside that you must be in an animation, casting or channeling, for it to work. That does not work on Undo which is an instant with no cast time.
    It pretty much requires you to be using the cast time version of Time Stop or using Meditate or the heavy version of Mend Wounds.
    You are locked out of all other abilities during those and pretty much screwed and unable to move for one that doesn't even heal that much also.

Learn what everything does and try it before you cry for a nerf.

Edit:
    Did I miss another passive that does minor protection? I swear the only "protection" passive I noticed was the "major protection while casting/channeling" one.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 30, 2018 9:24PM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit:
    Did I miss another passive that does minor protection? I swear the only "protection" passive I noticed was the "major protection while casting/channeling" one.

One of the morph give minor protection passively when slotted.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Edited to correct typos

You live upto your name,

165 ultimate cost is no jolk and definitely not spamable. Players will think if use or not.

Without proper testing or posting some convincing video, empty words are not helping.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    Edit:

One of the morph give minor protection passively when slotted.

Ok, still not overpowered. Minor Protection is pretty much constant on multiple characters anyway without that. There is even the Vampire Cloak armor set that gives it 100% of the time also, which is heavy armor FYI.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 30, 2018 9:36PM
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edited to correct typos

You live upto your name,

165 ultimate cost is no jolk and definitely not spamable. Players will think if use or not.

Without proper testing or posting some convincing video, empty words are not helping.

I had a disgusting uptime in 1v1 on a stamden, pretty high too with magsorc and very decent with stamblade. Spammable is an exaggeration, but you get what I mean. Moreover, posting duels videos make no sense, I will do post 1vXes with this when it will hit live though, it will be fun, especially on magsorc
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The cost is pretty steep for what it does. If someone decides to use Undo instead of resto or shield ult, they'll just be easier to kill. What sets it apart is mostly the teleport, which is mostly useful in open world/battlegrounds and requires some skill to use effectively.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

Edited to correct typos

The 100 ult cost made Magicka Competitive with Stamina and probably should have been increased too 110 rather than 125.

You play magsorc or magblage, am I right?

Btw, imagine that passive 8% on a stamblade, magblade or magsorc. Have you ever realised why certain templars and wardens are so hard to kill? This will make squishy classes tankier. Not a nice thing when they can basically shot you.

Did you really only read the first sentence of that?
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info