Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

MAP - some privileges to DC and EP

Iskras
Iskras
✭✭✭
It's simply glaring the amount of 'privileges' that ZOS gives to EP and DC by the geography and composition of the map in Cyrodiil. Not enough the Bruma / Bleakers / Dragon (BIG advantage), we have a set of mountains to protect all EP / DC keeps.

On the AD side, the famous Bridge and its deadly river (of much help to the EP).

Debate. (title edited) :)
Edited by Iskras on April 29, 2018 8:34PM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Queue advantage (EP/DC) MAP Advantage (EP/DC) Race advantage (EP/DC)... really, ZOS?! -_- (And it would not be bad to extinguish EP or DC, after all, we all know that EP and DC are one in the game, in all campaigns)...

---

why u is so serious? :smiley:
    Edited by Iskras on April 29, 2018 7:37PM
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Allessia its very hard to siege from the front door assuming the defenders have half a brain since you have to run up a hill and you can put that much siege down close to the door AD has some geographic advantages too
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    The serious part here is on the map*. Well, Alessia is extremely easy, be it FD or from 'farm rss'.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD has all the Ocean fishing holes.

Yes, this is of great importance to would-be Master Anglers, even if most PVPers don't care. :)
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest proof of this 'freak' on the map is exactly Bruma, Bleakers and Dragon ...

-_-

And Dragon is beautiful, already the South, my god ... there is nothing more horrendous. :3
    Edited by Iskras on April 29, 2018 7:50PM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Let's see, map disproportionate geography:

1 ASH, for adults, has Tequila;
    2 Dragon looks like the Switzerland of so beautiful and has Chocolate;
    3 Arrius looks like the French capital, beautiful and majestic ...

AD - in South, it's a swamp: mosquitoes, rats and cockroaches ..., castles sinking in the water ...

Is not fair!
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean that DC/EP has an advantage when it comes to keep placement (e.g. cliffs to siege from etc) I beg to differ. There AD is probably the luckiest ones. The only thing being Alessia, where it can be sieged from the Farm-Hill. And maybe Faregyl halfway down on farmside -but not rly efficient.

If you look at DC/EP keeps, however.

EP:
    Kingscrest - lumber side
    Arrius - mine side
    Chalman - North side
    Drake to some extent.

DC:
    Glademist - (LOL, hills on 2 out of 4 sides... It's the worst keep to defend...... North/Mine side)
    Aleswell - Mine side
    Warden to some extent
    --
    Now being that mountains DO NOT(!) protect keeps. Mountains are literally the bane of every keep wall. You can't even return siege-fire in some locations, because of the height-difference.

Aaanyway. I probably misunderstood you - because your point makes no sense whatsoever otherwise. But yeah - I tried, anyway.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    If you mean that DC/EP has an advantage when it comes to keep placement (e.g. cliffs to siege from etc) I beg to differ. There AD is probably the luckiest ones. The only thing being Alessia, where it can be sieged from the Farm-Hill. And maybe Faregyl halfway down on farmside -but not rly efficient.

EP:
    Kingscrest - lumber side
    Arrius - mine side
    Chalman - North side
    Drake to some extent.

DC:
    Glademist - (LOL, hills on 2 out of 4 sides... It's the worst keep to defend...... North/Mine side)
    Aleswell - Mine side
    Warden to some extent
    --
    Now being that mountains DO NOT(!) protect keeps. Mountains are literally the bane of every keep wall. You can't even return siege-fire in some locations, because of the height-difference.

Aaanyway. I probably misunderstood you - because your point makes no sense whatsoever otherwise. But yeah - I tried, anyway.

- how about Bleakers-Bruma-Dragon distance? Arrest my case. :wink:
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes, this is of great importance to would-be Master Anglers, even if most PVPers don't care. :)

The most important thing in Cyrodiil imo.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

The most important thing in Cyrodiil imo.

Noups! Chocolate, Dragon!
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP has some map advantages, sure. The ride between Arrius and BRK at the very least feels like it is half the distance between Ash and Glade, they can siege Bleakers from a damn wall towering above the damn structure and then advance to Aleswell where there are welcoming mats for them on the north side and the farm side of the keep. Arrius is one of the easiest keeps to defendl at the very compared to Glade and Faregyle which both have hills to siege from without being bothered by the keep countersiege.

AD doesnt have much to complain about. Alessia is easy to defend with the exception of the farm side, but then again that farm side is on the opposite side of the outpost, unlike Aleswell. The Alessia front door is nearly impregnable if you have even numbers. Roe is easy to defend, with its back side on the lumbermill side being opposite of where the flow of DC from Nik would come from.

DC`s got the *** end of the stick. For starters, Rayles is an ugly keep. Glade has the mine side, which is annoying enough on any keep but it also has the troll rock on the north side and it`s a core keep. Aleswell... is a stupid design decision, nothing else to say about it. Only good keep we got is Ash, which is arguably the easiest to defend on the map (but also the only strong keep like BRK or Roe that isnt connected to the outlying home keep, Dragonclaw).
    Edited by gabriebe on April 30, 2018 3:00AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a load of pants!

No-one has any more advantage over each other, they are all small margins and really make no difference in the grand scheme of things.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to add cheydinhal and chorral to the "towns" to balance out the map.

As current Vlast and Crops are much closer to AD home territory/home keeps then they are to EP's and DC's, meanwhile bruma is in the perfect center of EP/DC. Not fair for AD to have two easily flipped spawn points near their home keeps instead of them being in the middle of AD/DC and AD/EP the same way is bruma is between DC/EP
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    EP has some map advantages, sure. The ride between Arrius and BRK at the very least feels like it is half the distance between Ash and Glade, they can siege Bleakers from a damn wall towering above the damn structure and then advance to Aleswell where there are welcoming mats for them on the north side and the farm side of the keep. Arrius is one of the easiest keeps to defendl at the very compared to Glade and Faregyle which both have hills to siege from without being bothered by the keep countersiege.

AD doesnt have much to complain about. Alessia is easy to defend with the exception of the farm side, but then again that farm side is on the opposite side of the outpost, unlike Aleswell. The Alessia front door is nearly impregnable if you have even numbers. Roe is easy to defend, with its back side on the lumbermill side being opposite of where the flow of DC from Nik would come from.

DC`s got the *** end of the stick. For starters, Rayles is an ugly keep. Glade has the mine side, which is annoying enough on any keep but it also has the troll rock on the north side and it`s a core keep. Aleswell... is a stupid design decision, nothing else to say about it. Only good keep we got is Ash, which is arguably the easiest to defend on the map (but also the only strong keep like BRK or Roe that isnt connected to the outlying home keep, Dragonclaw).

There are a large number of keeps in Cyrodiil that do not pass muster for placement vis a vis a real world keep.

It's pretty obvious that this was done to ensure a weakness in the defense so keeps flip more often. As it's shown with Ash/BRK this wasn't really needed as it's more than possible to flip those two keeps. Being in a keep should be an advantage to the defense, not a neutral situation.

Currently as it stands, the keeps with issues are most of them, in fact. See below:

Ebonheart Pact
    Arrius Keep - Mediocre. The mine is the primary issue, with a somewhat fortified wall and stairs and a platform you can hit the wall from out of range of counter siege. The tower is also set back far enough it's a natural retreat point.
    Farragut Keep - Actually pretty good. Flat terrain all around, nothing overlooking it, and only a few broken pallisades as cover.
    Kingscrest Keep - AWFUL. The keep should be where the Lumbermill is if placing it. Instead it's completely compromised defensively as both inner/outer can be hit from the mill.
    Chalman Keep - Pretty bad. Used to be better when siege had larger footprints, but the small ballistas can now be crowded up and used in the tight valleys around it. The mine is better fortified for the attackers to use as a staging area than the keep itself. Nevermind the north cliffside as well. As far away from Arrius as Ash is from Glade, making it easier to reach it from Bleakers than from Arrius. The keep should be further east, where the farm is.
    Blue Road Keep - Pretty good. Flat areas all around. In reality the marshy glop around it would make footing or placing siege difficult (it'd sink and the keep would need foundations dozens of feet deep). The tower of the mine is a bit close and can siege the wall, but the mine tower can also be knocked down from inside the keep (a net wash). There is a hill leading up to the front door, limiting siege placement space. Very close to Arrius as well, so easy to reinforce. Second best keep in the game. I have spent, literally, hours at a time in this keep with factions unable to dislodge us due to its benefits.
    Drakelowe Keep - Decent. There are spots you can siege the wall from at the LM, but they can also be countersieged. It's set far enough away from the farm that's not an issue and it has a cliff face on it's southern flank, limiting that approach.

Daggerfall Covenant
    Fort Glademist - Only vaguely better than Kingscrest. This is the worst of the three keystone keeps, by far. Very hard to defend against mine side siege. Easily troll sieged. The keep should be where the mine is.
    Fort Warden - Decent. Some spots on the mine that can hit the wall, but close enough for countersiege. Flat area all around.
    Fort Rayles - Decent. Won't win for looks, but that doesn't matter. Limited siege placement spots on the north, flat mostly all around.
    Fort Aleswell - Awful. It's a keep in a ditch, with overlooks from the two most commonly approached angles, but good defensive profiles against the sides where its home owners would come to counterattack to retake it. This keep is bloody terrible. The keep should be where the farm is.
    Fort Ash - Excellent. Best keep in the game, by far. It's only weakness isn't architectural, it's the distance between Glade/Alesw and the keep, just like with Chalman. Other than that, it's solid.
    Fort Dragonclaw - Decent. There's a siege spot on the LM, but it doesn't have any other overlooks and there's limited space between it and the zone wall north. Not bad.

Aldmeri Dominion
    Castle Faregyl - Bad. The hill behind the keep allows for easy and safe siege, as does the Lumbermill. There's even a barn to farm newbies in outside of it. This is just a bad keep. Pretty though. It should be on the hill behind it, not in the valley below.
    Castle Black Boot - Above Average. Limited siege placement spots on its east and south flanks. LM is way below it as well. Not a bad keep.
    Castle Bloodmayne - Mediocre. The mine siege spot is a problem, but otherwise the other three flanks have fairly flat marshland around it.
    Castle Alessia - Bad. The keep should be up where the farm is and with some of the surround rocks carted away. It's front door is marvelous though, with the sloping hill limiting siege engagement areas. Mine and LM sides aren't bad, but that farm placement is just killer. Luckily for AD you have to go around the keep to get to the farm.
    Castle Roebeck - Decent. Stairs leading up to the front door, flat areas around it, but with lots of cover. Nothing overlooking it though, which is basically a plus at this stage.
    Castle Brindle - Good. Stairs lead up from the farm, and make a natural choke point. Flat areas around it otherwise. Nothing wrong with this keep aside from distance (which it suffers equally with Drake/Dragon).

IMO, DC has the worst collection of keeps in the game. Glademist and Aleswell are jokes and should not be placed where they are. They do also get the best keep in the game with Ash.

AD's actually average. They also benefit from not having a keep as far away from center as Ash/Chalman are.

EP has some of the best. Arrius is the best of the three keystones, BRK is great, as is Drake and Farragut. We only have Chalman and KC as real stinkers.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on April 30, 2018 8:57PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    What about Allessia its very hard to siege from the front door assuming the defenders have half a brain since you have to run up a hill and you can put that much siege down close to the door AD has some geographic advantages too

same as BRK.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EP:
    Kingscrest - lumber side
    Arrius - mine side
    Chalman - North side
    Drake to some extent.

DC:
    Aleswell - Mine side

Warden to some extent
    --

I've been complaining about this since the first times I went to these keeps. No where in history would you find a Keep or Castle so wrongly placed. No one would EVER build a structure like that if it needed to be defended. Of course we don't have moats or ditches or spiked ground fortifications. Not even draw bridges to fight over. It's like the person or people that designed Cyrodiil never opened a book or saw a movie relating to Medievil history!!! Like wtf!?!?!
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

EP:
    Kingscrest - lumber side
    Arrius - mine side
    Chalman - North side
    Drake to some extent.

DC:
    Aleswell - Mine side

Warden to some extent
    --

I've been complaining about this since the first times I went to these keeps. No where in history would you find a Keep or Castle so wrongly placed. No one would EVER build a structure like that if it needed to be defended. Of course we don't have moats or ditches or spiked ground fortifications. Not even draw bridges to fight over. It's like the person or people that designed Cyrodiil never opened a book or saw a movie relating to Medievil history!!! Like wtf!?!?!

Sieging a castle took months and even years to accomplish, lets keep the real world in the real world and the game in the game.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »

EP:
    Kingscrest - lumber side
    Arrius - mine side
    Chalman - North side
    Drake to some extent.

DC:
    Aleswell - Mine side
    Warden to some extent
    --

How about the 2 towns you have that are closer to your inner keeps and arguably the best placements for jump points to Brindle, or Roe, or even Nikel on one side alone? Maybe a little further on the east side from Drakelowe, but only AD and EP travel there 95% of the time.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

EP:
    Kingscrest - lumber side
    Arrius - mine side
    Chalman - North side
    Drake to some extent.

DC:
    Aleswell - Mine side
    Warden to some extent
    --

How about the 2 towns you have that are closer to your inner keeps and arguably the best placements for jump points to Brindle, or Roe, or even Nikel on one side alone? Maybe a little further on the east side from Drakelowe, but only AD and EP travel there 95% of the time.

All you have to do now is tell us what these two cities are. I think you've been seeing another map, not Cyrodiil.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EP:
    Kingscrest - lumber side
    Arrius - mine side
    Chalman - North side
    Drake to some extent.

DC:
    Aleswell - Mine side
    Warden to some extent
    --

All you have to do now is tell us what these two cities are. I think you've been seeing another map, not Cyrodiil.

Im Talking about Vlastras and Cropsford. Just Like you mentioned Dragonclaw, Bruma, etc. Plus with Vlastras, you have flatter ground to traverse. Bruma has mountian passages to navigate.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

EP:
    Kingscrest - lumber side
    Arrius - mine side
    Chalman - North side
    Drake to some extent.

DC:
    Aleswell - Mine side
    Warden to some extent
    --

Im Talking about Vlastras and Cropsford. Just Like you mentioned Dragonclaw, Bruma, etc. Plus with Vlastras, you have flatter ground to traverse. Bruma has mountian passages to navigate.

Bleakers to Bruma and Dragon? Easy pass.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EP:
    Kingscrest - lumber side
    Arrius - mine side
    Chalman - North side
    Drake to some extent.

DC:
    Aleswell - Mine side
    Warden to some extent
    --

Bleakers to Bruma and Dragon? Easy pass.

The point remains, those 2 towns are within 3 minutes sprint of your 3 gate Keeps. Bruma is not for DC and EP. Plus the other Keeps and outposts I mentioned. What I'm saying is you have Two towns closer to your area than DC and EP. They basically have Bruma.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

EP:
    Kingscrest - lumber side
    Arrius - mine side
    Chalman - North side
    Drake to some extent.

DC:
    Aleswell - Mine side

Warden to some extent
    --

Sieging a castle took months and even years to accomplish, lets keep the real world in the real world and the game in the game.

Then lets have something resembling common sense as to Keep placement lol.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

EP:
    Kingscrest - lumber side
    Arrius - mine side
    Chalman - North side
    Drake to some extent.

DC:
    Aleswell - Mine side

Warden to some extent
    --

Then lets have something resembling common sense as to Keep placement lol.

I'm pretty sure some of the keep placement is to put obvious flaws in the defensive designs so that other players can take the structure. ZOS overdid it though and Ash and BRK, while hard to take when fully staffed, prove that you don't need those forced design failures for a keep to fall as they can and do get taken on a regular basis.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Egotistical elves.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD have it by far the easiest on the map.
    I genuinely have no idea what you are complaining about - the map is pretty much made to benefit AD.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    AD have it by far the easiest on the map.
    I genuinely have no idea what you are complaining about - the map is pretty much made to benefit AD.

...Bruma is DC.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD does have easier accessibility to dolmens though, so by your reasoning AD has a distinct advantage in coldfire siege availability...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact you have two towns that are in your'e back-yard that make for incredibly easy spawn points to defend all of your home keeps is absurd.
    DC + EP fight over Bruma because whilst positionally it is damned useless, we don't have anything else closer.
    Please cry some more over your'e 2 additional spawnpoints. And maybe a bit more about the bridge that you can easily bypass by going the southern road.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh? Two southern towns are close

Borders are inaccessible

AD get over double the Ayleid wells. Free health. ......

Dolmens...

Unsure if OP is just trollin
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves