The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Get rid of Keep Mages or Deal with these cheating DKs

JamieAubrey
JamieAubrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'll name and shame IDGAF, Currently 3-4 Dks on PC EU Vivec using Leap on NPCs to jump into keeps, I'm currently recording trying to catch them in the act

I'll report back when/if I catch them

UPDATE: No update, it was getting late and I had to go to sleep I sat at Brindle for about 30 mins and nothing was happening
Edited by JamieAubrey on April 28, 2018 5:29PM
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, I wanna see this, bump
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im just commenting to follow
    Edited by HighKinlady on April 28, 2018 4:19AM
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im just commenting to follow

Word son
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I brought cheese, I see someone already brought the whine!!!!
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In b4 discussion gets locked
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Popcorn at the ready :o
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously DKs are overpowered and need to be nerfed. :trollface:
    PS4 Pro NA
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    can anyone teach me howto jump onto keeps pls?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can anyone teach me howto jump onto keeps pls?

Sure, the notes on how to do it are on the table next to the Ban Hammer.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the problem at least their not teleporting through doors
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it even possible with leap, and is it oh into inner, or can you jump the outer too?

FTR: you can still jump and chain/leash an NPC because the game counts it as a projectile, so if that hits you get pulled, no matter if its not possible otherwise.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Is it even possible with leap, and is it oh into inner, or can you jump the outer too?

FTR: you can still jump and chain/leash an NPC because the game counts it as a projectile, so if that hits you get pulled, no matter if its not possible otherwise.

Yeah they leaped or chained the outer MG NPCs to get it, there was at least 3 DKs and a Sorc
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol that's b.s I've tried to leap into keeps yesterday with take flight and each time you are given the "Invalid location" when you try to leap. It'll make me look like I'm leaping but my ultimate doesn't fire because of that.

You can't chain an npc who is elevated differently from you too + trying to chain an enemy by using the inner keep mages provides you the same invalid location response.
    They must've did what some of my mates do i.e bust into the keep and hide/pop stealth pots while waiting for things to die down.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next patch guards get buffed, now they need to make it so all 24 guards in the keep alert and attack an invader that hasn't breached outer wall. lol
  • Joshuagm1991
    Joshuagm1991
    ✭✭✭
    I've never really seen this as a cheat. Sure maybe a few people can get in, but keeps should be able to deal.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

At least that can be done completely on accident (or at least it used to, I haven’t seen it happen recently). You could end up teleporting to someone who’s trying to flee back into their keep, but then end up getting brought inside with them instead of being able to stop them before they enter.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    Lol that's b.s I've tried to leap into keeps yesterday with take flight and each time you are given the "Invalid location" when you try to leap. It'll make me look like I'm leaping but my ultimate doesn't fire because of that.

You can't chain an npc who is elevated differently from you too + trying to chain an enemy by using the inner keep mages provides you the same invalid location response.
    They must've did what some of my mates do i.e bust into the keep and hide/pop stealth pots while waiting for things to die down.

No, I saw this guy physically go to the main gate NPC and fly up, this was before I decided to record, he was tab targeted so it was easy to see the white outline fly up
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never really seen this as a cheat. Sure maybe a few people can get in, but keeps should be able to deal.

Its an exploit/bug, so the keep goes under attack and flipped because a few people managed to get in without breaching the outer ?
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pc na. There was one templar in our keep ..just killing everyone as soon as they spawn into the keep.

Im not a good pvper so i died . Dude was on me before i could react. I still died tho when he moved to the flag. I habe to learn how to stun people i guess.

My main point is .how did he get into keep ?
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder can a warden teleport somone into a keep.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    Pc na. There was one templar in our keep ..just killing everyone as soon as they spawn into the keep.

Im not a good pvper so i died . Dude was on me before i could react. I still died tho when he moved to the flag. I habe to learn how to stun people i guess.

My main point is .how did he get into keep ?

Sometimes people can avoid getting killed during a keep capture and they stealth themselves and hide for a while, so they can stay in an enemy keep even after the owners repair the walls/doors.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They use chain to get up and youll need to stand on a certain spot to pull it off. Is it ok? Nope, should people be banned for it? Hell yeah. Its not something the dk do by accident, you will have to make certain steps before you can chain yourself up, so this is very deliberate. I can only ask people to continously report anyone doing this, and I DGAF about thoe ones advocating it should be allowed, its the same guys advocating spawncamping some year ago should be allowed. They wont get it, simple as.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They use chain to get up and youll need to stand on a certain spot to pull it off. Is it ok? Nope, should people be banned for it? Hell yeah. Its not something the dk do by accident, you will have to make certain steps before you can chain yourself up, so this is very deliberate. I can only ask people to continously report anyone doing this, and I DGAF about thoe ones advocating it should be allowed, its the same guys advocating spawncamping some year ago should be allowed. They wont get it, simple as.

Is spawncamping not allowed?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    spawncamping is completely allowed lol
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he is referring to the time where people were getting into Alliance safe zones via the wayshrines and killing players as they entered into Cyrodiil, and then killing them over and over as they respawned. Thankfully that has been fixed long ago, if you manage to get into that area you get ported out, iirc it sends you back to your own gate.
    [DC/NA]
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf cheating dk!!!!!!
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    theres a lot of people doing it on ps4 na. you can jump up onto the wall and find a sweet spot that allows you to get out of the invalid location warning while using things like leap or fighters guild pull thing. then you just get into the keep. pretty lame its still happening.
    PS4 NA DC
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @JamieAubrey
    Never seen it done after they fixed the player teleport gap close issue, also they can't cap a keep if it isn't bursted i.e under attack (just throwing that out there).
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    @JamieAubrey
    Never seen it done after they fixed the player teleport gap close issue, also they can't cap a keep if it isn't bursted i.e under attack (just throwing that out there).

It's still possible, just 2 days ago someone I know (no, I won't name him) tested this. Critical "air"-charge doesn't work anymore, they fixed this. So it should work to block DK's aswell somehow.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds to me that people were just wanting to find a fight, if they don't take the keep i don't see what the big deal is. At this point it's like an intended feature because zos refuse to fix chains or ambush through keep doors.