Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Get rid of Keep Mages or Deal with these cheating DKs

• Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not dks, its silver leash and I like it. You jump on the little ledge, hit silver leash, jump and while it the air activate it again and you're pulled up top. Ta da!
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    Its not dks, its silver leash and I like it. You jump on the little ledge, hit silver leash, jump and while it the air activate it again and you're pulled up top. Ta da!

thanks!! i will definitely try that
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks!! i will definitely try that

Let me know when you get banned lol
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did fix it so you cant flip a keep without it flagging, so you would have to kill all npc then put siege from inside to take the keep that way
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh damn, someone is butthurted :D

A short list about getting into the keep which was possible

Patch 1.6
    Dk could chain, when they got eclipsed by a Mageguard --> got into keep
    Dk could leap over to the inner (was intended actually)
    Dk could chain into the inner, when jumping from outer Maingate towards mageguards
    Dk could enter Scrollarea

NB is able to shadow up
    Nb is able to ambush inside
    Nb can critrush inside

Templar could tobbling charge inside

All classes could use that amazing skin which was called silverleash
    It was possibly to jump with your horse inside keeps, Chalman, Aleswell and Glade.
    Or anyone who got eclipse and placed caltrops, man you could pass the whole map in 2-3 seconds ;)

Current Situation of the game:
    NB an ambush inside keeps, same for Dks of the use leap or chain when a persons enter the door.
    Also its still possible to get inside a keep, when you chain up at the Maingate. Works as far i know at 5-6 keeps, where the lantern is still to close to the keep.

But maybe they just want to get to you, cause you just stay on the Wall and siege 24/7 on enemy player and you call it great PvP- experience :*
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can gap close into any keep.
    PC EU
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone is taking that game too serious...
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    I'll name and shame IDGAF, Currently 3-4 Dks on PC EU Vivec using Leap on NPCs to jump into keeps, I'm currently recording trying to catch them in the act

I'll report back when/if I catch them

UPDATE: No update, it was getting late and I had to go to sleep I sat at Brindle for about 30 mins and nothing was happening

Are you actually that bored in ESO, is that genuinely what you spend your time doing

Its so dumb, there's so many bugs in this game such as using npcs to get into keeps and it's always the players fault, not the game developers who created that bug in the first place.

The worst part is that people actually get banned for doing something that's in the game

What we should be doing is all making dks, using leap to jump into keeps until it becomes a genuine problem (not just one person moaning because their favourite cyrodiil keep got taken by 3 dks) then zos will have to address it and fix it, not just ban anyone who does it to try and shift the blame onto the players
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abstraqt wrote: »
    I'll name and shame IDGAF, Currently 3-4 Dks on PC EU Vivec using Leap on NPCs to jump into keeps, I'm currently recording trying to catch them in the act

UPDATE: No update, it was getting late and I had to go to sleep I sat at Brindle for about 30 mins and nothing was happening

Are you actually that bored in ESO, is that genuinely what you spend your time doing

Its so dumb, there's so many bugs in this game such as using npcs to get into keeps and it's always the players fault, not the game developers who created that bug in the first place.

The worst part is that people actually get banned for doing something that's in the game

What we should be doing is all making dks, using leap to jump into keeps until it becomes a genuine problem (not just one person moaning because their favourite cyrodiil keep got taken by 3 dks) then zos will have to address it and fix it, not just ban anyone who does it to try and shift the blame onto the players

Just to explain why this was made an exploit, because this is sound logic and i can understand your point of view, but when an emp group exploits into a keep and farms new players in their own unflagged keeps as they port there or exploit in and break top stairs to farm people, that is the players fault and their needs to be consequences.

The reason this is an issue isnt because a dk or a nightblade get in a keep and cause mayhem, that could be fun. Its because people take it to a griefing level and ruin other peoples legitimate pvp experience by being toxic and exploiting.

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This was in the morning, hardly anyone online, the perfect time to not get caught, let me see them do that *** on prime time
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This was in the morning, hardly anyone online, the perfect time to not get caught, let me see them do that *** on prime time

When you mean hardly you mean the usual AD zergs that pvdoor keeps and leech ticks every morning? ;)
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cheaters only cheat themselves.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah ban these cheaters. Zos too soft on them.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's specifically the same small handful of players, and not literally anyone and everyone, chances are they're using a hack that's only being shared among players they trust. In which case, report those ***.

(And if they have seemed to disappeared, chances are they got caught by another means)
    Edited by jssriot on May 1, 2018 1:37PM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    The funniest thing is when you chain into a keep when an enemy is going trough a door and you get accused of cheating, while it is ZOS not getting their stuff done. Didn't even intend to go in there. Gets me everytime <3
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/maxwell/video/49043725
    This is why I said I didn't believe the OP (I tried using stampede and take flight but it didn't work and the clip was cut off), take flight remained invalid location from the small staircase to the left and was un-able to reach it even right next to them.
    Edited by MaxwellC on May 1, 2018 7:30PM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a player or even a faction being named in the original post here. Unless ZoS considers mentioning DK's as naming and shaming lol.

"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • cjddrumnub19_ESO
    cjddrumnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to shed some light on this conversation as it seems most of you are very ill-informed. First off, getting into a keep in this manner is not "cheating", it is using in-game mechanics that have been heavily documented and regulated by zos. They have been in the game since launch and have been balanced so only select skills can do it and only in very specific situations. As for taking a keep, you can not take a keep unless it is flagged, and the keep will not flag unless it is under 50% on a wall and is getting periodically hit by siege. This was a change they openly made because they wanted to allow for skilled players to be able to get in keeps through these methods while sieging and fighting players. Also for those of you talking about ambush teleporting through doors, zos has talked about this and the last thing they said was they wanted to lower the time-frame it is possible (which they did), but it is intended for people who time it correctly to get in.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be better to get the video evidence before posting? If it's real it's better to not get the thread locked. And I thought they moved stuff to make this really, really hard to even attempt?
    Edited by tinythinker on May 2, 2018 2:24AM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭

@MaxwellC
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    They did fix it so you cant flip a keep without it flagging, so you would have to kill all npc then put siege from inside to take the keep that way

It's not fixed on ps4 eu. 2 different incidents where certain blue and ad (2keeps) took whole inside. Keep wasn't flared I tried to warn in zone but keep being destroyed. Warned my group I got invited to. No one went to my resume and we lost keeps.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be better to get the video evidence before posting? If it's real it's better to not get the thread locked. And I thought they moved stuff to make this really, really hard to even attempt?
    I have video evidence. I just don't want to get in trouble on the forums for posting it. The player's name has been blurred out, but it would be nice to have a ruling from ZOS on whether this is an exploit. If it is an exploit, then posting the video would probably violate forum rules because it clearly shows in slow-motion how the player did it. If not an exploit, then I think the video will at least confirm what the OP saw and help convince the doubters that NPCs really are being used to get up on walls.
    Edited by dotme on May 2, 2018 1:42PM
    PS4NA
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to shed some light on this conversation as it seems most of you are very ill-informed. First off, getting into a keep in this manner is not "cheating", it is using in-game mechanics that have been heavily documented and regulated by zos. They have been in the game since launch and have been balanced so only select skills can do it and only in very specific situations.

I would say the above bolded phrase applies to you. ZOS has came out and said that entering a keep without downing doors or walls is an Exploit. Regardless of what we believe is fun new challenges, ZOS considers it an exploit. You run the risk of your account being banned for doing this.

Here is the link to where they stated it...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/278031/cyrodiil-cheating-exploiting-you/p1

Here is a snippet of the above link.
    To summarize, if you are using abilities such as gap closers to do things that are not within the realm of intended design and/or bypassing core game mechanics, such as entering keeps without downing doors and/or walls and getting under the environment (ground, water, etc.), you are exploiting. In short: don’t do it. If we catch you exploiting and/or cheating, even once, it is grounds for disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban of your game account. If in doubt about whether or not certain actions or activity are considered exploiting, you are welcome to ask us here on the forums.

Here is another link with the same verbiage.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3146385/#Comment_3146385
    Hey everyone,

We are working on making some tweaks to certain gap closers that players are using to bypass core keep capture mechanics. It is not intended that gap closers be used to enter keeps without downing doors and/or walls, or enter areas you otherwise would not be able to without exploiting (below Dolmens, under water, etc.) While we are aware that players are using certain gap closers to do exactly these things, we do considered this behavior an exploit.

If you see another player exploiting in this manner, you can send us videos or other evidence by submitting a customer support ticket, by sending them to anyone on the Community or Moderation team here on the forums, or emailing us at [email protected].

Thank you!

There are many more quotes like this throughout the forums, but this should be sufficient to realize that ZOS considers it an exploit.

Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to shed some light on this conversation as it seems most of you are very ill-informed. First off, getting into a keep in this manner is not "cheating", it is using in-game mechanics that have been heavily documented and regulated by zos. They have been in the game since launch and have been balanced so only select skills can do it and only in very specific situations.

I would say the above bolded phrase applies to you. ZOS has came out and said that entering a keep without downing doors or walls is an Exploit. Regardless of what we believe is fun new challenges, ZOS considers it an exploit. You run the risk of your account being banned for doing this.

Here is the link to where they stated it...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/278031/cyrodiil-cheating-exploiting-you/p1

Here is a snippet of the above link.
    To summarize, if you are using abilities such as gap closers to do things that are not within the realm of intended design and/or bypassing core game mechanics, such as entering keeps without downing doors and/or walls and getting under the environment (ground, water, etc.), you are exploiting. In short: don’t do it. If we catch you exploiting and/or cheating, even once, it is grounds for disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban of your game account. If in doubt about whether or not certain actions or activity are considered exploiting, you are welcome to ask us here on the forums.

Here is another link with the same verbiage.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3146385/#Comment_3146385
    Hey everyone,

We are working on making some tweaks to certain gap closers that players are using to bypass core keep capture mechanics. It is not intended that gap closers be used to enter keeps without downing doors and/or walls, or enter areas you otherwise would not be able to without exploiting (below Dolmens, under water, etc.) While we are aware that players are using certain gap closers to do exactly these things, we do considered this behavior an exploit.

If you see another player exploiting in this manner, you can send us videos or other evidence by submitting a customer support ticket, by sending them to anyone on the Community or Moderation team here on the forums, or emailing us at [email protected].

Thank you!

There are many more quotes like this throughout the forums, but this should be sufficient to realize that ZOS considers it an exploit.

You just saved me a lot of time. Cheers! :)
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    Lol that's b.s I've tried to leap into keeps yesterday with take flight and each time you are given the "Invalid location" when you try to leap. It'll make me look like I'm leaping but my ultimate doesn't fire because of that.

You can't chain an npc who is elevated differently from you too + trying to chain an enemy by using the inner keep mages provides you the same invalid location response.
    They must've did what some of my mates do i.e bust into the keep and hide/pop stealth pots while waiting for things to die down.

It is not bs. You can chain into the outer walls to the keep with dk chain and leash. In some places into inner. Yes even if the guards are elevated. Seen this happen alot of times =)

You can not leap in tough. Unless you do it on a player who enters a door similar to ambush :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To my knowledge now it's been almost a year since the X Y Axis nerf and the clipping of all DK wings. It simply isn't happening and because the OP is wrong on how doesn't mean that he or she is incorrect. Well at least incorrect as to what ability they are using. However, It is a known fact that players using CHEAT ENGINE are capable of power leaping simply by adjusting the jumping parameters of the game. If you are unsure of what I am speaking of I urge you to search YouTube for numerous clips on players in ESO using CE. Please do not offer failed wing deployment as an excuse to cover up CE. Lag is lag, but even the blind eventually see light.

Needless to say the players should be reported even if you suspect this could be happening. ZOS has no means to detect it actively they can only investigate players who are reported in hopes of finding out that they did or did not. Although CE players are able to mask CE on some games which makes it even harder to track. Needless to say report them and hope ZOS is doing their part of the job to protect the community.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well close gap is still exist, reguardless how hard you try to defend those exploiters :D

today on vivec pc/eu. 2 dk sieged the MG on fare inside. so it is clearly exists. Also the speed hax as well.

And not on one case cheat engine is used too. yes i know what you're all gonna say it hase been fixed. well it seems like it isn't.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can report them but ZOS will do nothing about it. They will tell you they are investigating the issue and that's about it.
    It is ZOS's fault cheating and exploits are going on in Cyrodiil. The buck stops with them. Pathetic to say the least.
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    Stop complaining. It's your fault you can't properly deff from ninja attackers
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Rektar wrote: »
    Stop complaining. It's your fault you can't properly deff from ninja attackers

The proper way to "deff" against cheaters/exploiters *is* complaining.