The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sload's Semblance (aka Shield Breaker 2.0) should be MAGICKA only!

Emma_Overload
Emma_Overload
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Sload's Semblance should have it's Stamina and Weapon Damage set bonuses removed and replaced with Magicka friendly bonuses.

This set should NOT be released in a form that would make it attractive to Stamina builds who could pair it with Shield Breaker. A Stamina bow build using these two sets with Infused Oblivion enchants could do 4K unmitigated damage per SECOND on a typical Mag Sorc! That's not even counting the damage from abilities and light attacks!

Do I even need to spell out how game-breaking this would be? We don't need another Shield Breaker!

Edited by Emma_Overload on April 27, 2018 12:59PM
#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duelled a magicka nightblade on the PTS using Sload´s + Zaan yesterday. The damage from a single Sload´s DoT is easily outhealed by a lingering health pot. The DoT itself is not broken OP.

My main concern is if the DoT from this set is stackable if multiple people are using it, then it will be really troublesome. My suggestion (if this is the case) is to add some sort of immunity to the target being affected by Sload´s oblivion DoT, preventing them from gaining more than one of these DoT´s at the time.

This set will favour stamina builds since stamina builds have access to bleed-damage and defile debuffs more easily than magicka builds. So I agree that this should be a "magicka only" set, or at least be given setbonuses that favour magicka builds.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, I should mention that Stamina users ALREADY get a crafted set from Summerset called Nocturnal's Favor. No way should they get to double dip, while Magicka get a shared set that is most likely to be used against us!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • rileynotzb14_ESO
    rileynotzb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    :open_mouth:
    Edited by rileynotzb14_ESO on April 28, 2018 12:25AM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL! What?

First of all, Sload's is stamina/magica neutral ... the bonuses are friendly to both magic and stamina users.

Second, if someone really wanted to create a build that focused on ganking shield users (with oblivion damage), the only thing that matters is how much oblivion damage they can stack up. If they can cause oblivion damage via a proc set ... it doesn't matter if the proc comes from a light, medium or heavy armor set, doesn't matter if the armor set is magic or stamina friendly. Oblivion damage is oblivion damage ... the source doesn't matter.
    Sload's Semblance:
    2.) 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3.) 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4.) 129 Spell Damage / 129 Weapon Damage
    5.) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds..

Perhaps you could think more about how you can use the Psijic skill line can act as a counter. I have, and once people catch on to what they can do with it, the results will be quite entertaining. LOL!
    Edited by Maryal on April 27, 2018 1:57PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean I like that it can go either way but yeah stamina already has a similar set so stacking them could be really rough on certain builds but having them make it a bit more magicka friendly would be nice.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you actually tested these sets on PTS, @Emma_Overload?

I walked by the Noctunal’s Favor crafting station on PTS yesterday to look at the set bonuses ... but was on my Stamplar and not my main crafter.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Emma_Overload
    By the way, I should mention that Stamina users ALREADY get a crafted set from Summerset called Nocturnal's Favor. No way should they get to double dip, while Magicka get a shared set that is most likely to be used against us!
    31849944.jpg

Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorcs should be nerfed anyway
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »

What? Sorcs have nerfed enough... we need to be BUFFED.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

exactly, and THAT is the part we should be looking at.
    these shields and over load and light attacks and lightning mixed with streak sorcs can kill people in 3 hits maybe 5 hits max and no one is making threads about it, but i think maybe its time we do if we want to remain balanced against sorcerers.
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh look at that pvp is at it again
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload's Semblance Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

now that i look at this set more closely i realize its 10% chance and the fact i can get a better set that does better things.
    i just don't see it as worthy enough to waste not only finding and getting this set but taking away ability to wear a better set.

*shrugs shoulder*
    sorry but i don't see it as that great of a deal even with shieldbreaker i just don't think it would do what your suggesting it would do.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload's Semblance Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

now that i look at this set more closely i realize its 10% chance and the fact i can get a better set that does better things.
    i just don't see it as worthy enough to waste not only finding and getting this set but taking away ability to wear a better set.

*shrugs shoulder*
    sorry but i don't see it as that great of a deal even with shieldbreaker i just don't think it would do what your suggesting it would do.

Go watch the @Alcast video on YouTube. It procs on 10% of ANY damage. Just using dots he was able to keep it up almost 100% of the time. WIth the right CP, he was getting 1K oblivion damage per second just from this set! BTW, this is a CRAFTED set... ANYONE can use it.

https://youtu.be/bvH7-fDQ6QE
    Edited by Emma_Overload on April 27, 2018 6:25PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does oblivion damage even go through block? I believe it goes through shields but not sure if it goes through block.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    Does oblivion damage even go through block? I believe it goes through shields but not sure if it goes through block.

Yes it does. Blocking does not reduce the damage!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Emma_Overload
    Damn lol welp learned something new, I will see how this works on PTS later (PvP wise).
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload's Semblance Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

*shrugs shoulder*

Go watch the @Alcast video on YouTube. It procs on 10% of ANY damage. Just using dots he was able to keep it up almost 100% of the time. WIth the right CP, he was getting 1K oblivion damage per second just from this set!

especially fighting against You or any other really strong sorcerer i dont think i will have enough time to kill you.
    i have fought you quite often and you beat the crap out of not only me but Groups of people, you and many other shield stacking sorcerers in sewers and cryodiil beat the crap out of people in Seconds!
    the shield breaker set takes a long time because its only light attacks and it needs ALOT of light attacks to kill a shieldstacker like you guys.

now i have killed you sometimes and i would say you win 6 times out of the 10 times we fight, but i have seen some sorcerers that shield breaker had no effect on them, thier so tanky and they insta cast shields soo often that they just cant die.

your shields and over load and light attacks and lightning mixed with streak sorcs can kill people in 3 hits maybe 5 hits max, you guys dont realize you truely are now and have allways been the Kings of PvP.

if i was to waste another 5 pc slot for this set and couple it with shield breaker it might give me more time and a faster shield breaking with you but i bet it does not really help and i bet you it would be a waste and you STILL kill people.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you sorcerers Race after people with shield breaker set and i mean FAST after them.
    i know why you do that, is because you know from a distance if you let us live we kill you guys.
    but when you come after us we are dead really fast, and you want to keep it that way.

but i think your worry about this set is a waste, because it will still not be as strong as u guys shields and your damage.

you will still kill us within seconds!
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly this set would be perfect if they got rid of the max stam/mag and replaced it with recovery like woah. I'd have a good set of wings going/fossilize while having a boost in my regen + it'll do decent damage in PvP.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload's Semblance should have it's Stamina and Weapon Damage set bonuses removed and replaced with Magicka friendly bonuses.

This set should NOT be released in a form that would make it attractive to Stamina builds who could pair it with Shield Breaker. A Stamina bow build using these two sets with Infused Oblivion enchants could do 4K unmitigated damage per SECOND on a typical Mag Sorc! That's not even counting the damage from abilities and light attacks!

Do I even need to spell out how game-breaking this would be? We don't need another Shield Breaker!

Since you already talk about beeing fair, how about 3 extra stamina morphs from the new skill line? Quite unfair 7 out of 8 morphs are magica only, right?

Oh yeah ... and there seriously need some rework of the fighters guild passives. Its just pretty unfair that magica users can stack magica so darn high. Especially since max ressource pool will contributes significantly more to LA/HA damage its just unfair magica user are able to stack 10k more of their primarly used ressource.

And talking about fairness (sry, but you started) why do most class abilities have to be magica based? Pretty unfair that stamina chars may only use 2-3 of them while magica users have more then 10 availabe to build /play with? Right?

Right!

Oh yeah, i got carried away you just complained that one set can be used by magica and stamina users. A set offering a lousy oblivion damage boost ... sry, but you are joking when making a "this-is-not-fair-"fuzz out of this.

Right?
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

• OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it’s fair
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, buff a class that already trivializes the majority of content in ESO.

Wonderful idea...
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing about this set is that it requires sacrificing a 5-piece.

Will it be strong and mainly an Xv1 tool? Yes. 1vX is already dead though soooo.......

Is it OP? Not sure yet.

The real concern is if this debuff can be stacked by multiple players. That’d be disgusting and insanely OP. Oblivion damage goes through shields and is unmitigated even by Battle Spirit.

Mag Sorcs will likely need to somehow find room for Rapid Regen next patch - yes they get shafted by this set because once again, it’s a hard counter to a class spec that is no longer OP.
    Then again everyone is playing Stam Wardens or Mag/Stam NBs nowadays, with healbot Templars. It won’t be a concern that is yelled too loud though because most players are quite bad at PvP and love having hard counters like this.

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Overreaction from your typical biased sorc main.

It looks good on paper but its not gonna be gamebreaking in the slightest. Sure the build you suggested will be annoying but so is lightning heavy attacks that break cloak against medium nightblades.

PS4 NA DC
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Overreaction from your typical biased sorc main.

It looks good on paper but its not gonna be gamebreaking in the slightest. Sure the build you suggested will be annoying but so is lightning heavy attacks that break cloak against medium nightblades.

The only way it can be gamebreaking is if you can stack multiple of these dot´s on the same player (needs to be tested). If it is, ZOS needs to add some sort of "immunity" so you can´t stack multiple oblivion DoTs
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this is a DOT.
    1 - Is this considered a "harmful effect" that is removed by several 5-piece sets and / or Purge?
    2 - If yes, how is this different from any other DOT build set (ie bleed)
    3 - Aren't Staff users gettin an additional "piece" and are maybe going to be able to add a 5-piece bonus?

I think the WHOLE POINT is to make PvP gameplay a bit more challenging to Mag Shield Stackers.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »

Since you already talk about beeing fair, how about 3 extra stamina morphs from the new skill line? Quite unfair 7 out of 8 morphs are magica only, right?

Oh yeah ... and there seriously need some rework of the fighters guild passives. Its just pretty unfair that magica users can stack magica so darn high. Especially since max ressource pool will contributes significantly more to LA/HA damage its just unfair magica user are able to stack 10k more of their primarly used ressource.

And talking about fairness (sry, but you started) why do most class abilities have to be magica based? Pretty unfair that stamina chars may only use 2-3 of them while magica users have more then 10 availabe to build /play with? Right?

Right!

Oh yeah, i got carried away you just complained that one set can be used by magica and stamina users. A set offering a lousy oblivion damage boost ... sry, but you are joking when making a "this-is-not-fair-"fuzz out of this.

Right?

Efficient stamina gameplay has its damage skills to draw off stamina and the buff skills draw off a magicka pool that serves little other purpose.

That's exactly what the psijic line is providing. What are you complaining about? The you are unable to waste the resources you'd rather devote to damage (and also critical things like dodge roll) on buffs such as speed boosts, an AoE CC, or healing others?

• Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Finally it will be balanced in PvP, and players cant shield stack and 1vX zergs. Find a new playstyle, because I will use this to counter ur tricks. It is a good day to play ESO :relieved:
    Edited by Medakon on April 27, 2018 9:47PM
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)