The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't repair launcher, what can I do?

Aethereal'Golden
Aethereal'Golden
✭✭✭
My Launcher could not load news and shows Error 210 - PatchManifest. Not only I have this issue, but also my friend nearby. Is it some Steam issue? We can't even download the Patch Manifest File to place it in Zenimax/Launcher directory. After pressing the Repair button we have the same Error 210. Deleting ProgramData from Launcher directory wasn't helpful too.

Best Answer

• ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings,

For the Error 210 - Patch Manifest error, we have some steps here that we recommend trying. If the provided steps do not resolve the issue, please reply back with a Game Consultant so that we can further investigate this matter with you. If you are not comfortable with providing your Game Consultant here on the forums, we would like to suggest submitting a support ticket so our customer support team can further assist you.

Hope all goes well,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If no other solution appears, it seems it would be best to check addons and other adjacent software, then completely uninstall and reinstall ESO fresh.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore it, see this
    Nestor wrote: »
    Patch Manifest errors are the most useless error message out there. All it means is the Launcher can't find some useless piece of information it does not need about what version the patch is*. Unfortunately, the Launcher gets all in a twist and stops the game from loading if this is present. So, unless it is needing to be patched**, don't use the Launcher.

Just make a shortcut to eso64.exe and launch the game that way, you will never ever see the patch manifest error again, and you will always be able to load the game.

Look for ESO64 in your install directory for Steam if that is what you have

*If the game client is out of date, it will tell you once you try to load the client, you don't need the Launcher to tell you this.

**If you need to patch, the best method is to reboot your machine, to make sure ESO is not in memory somewhere, then run the launcher and get the patch. The reboot will also make this error message go away if your trying to use the launcher to load the game. But, your not going to use the Launcher anymore except to Patch, right?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Nestor, but I receive error 200 and still can't log in. By the way ESO can't retrieve announcements too - something is wrong and not with the launcher itself.

I removed all addons, Marginis, but nothing happened...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you reboot?

That sometimes sorts login weirdness, especially after the Launcher mucks things up
    Edited by Nestor on April 26, 2018 6:26PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• markdeloma
    markdeloma
    ✭✭✭
    I have same problem today.
    Head of Emerald Turtle
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I did, Nestor...
  • padwick269
    padwick269
    Soul Shriven
    Unfortunately, you'll find that the ESO launcher is without doubt the worse launcher ever. Even when you can get support to fix the problems that all at their end. Once the develop team sends out a launcher update it overwrites the fixes support has put in place. From what I have been able to determine from the various issues I have had over an extended period.

Yes, you don't need the launcher to play the game, but once you receive the launcher needs updating dialogue, your problems are about to start all over again. As I say worse game launcher of all time and no willingness on the part of Zenimax to do anything about it.

It's all to do with one of their servers not responding to requests on a particular IP address. Yes, they'll run you around the houses and have you doing all sorts of things but essential it's broken and until they do what's necessary it's going to be a recurring problem.

My ESO has essentially been non-playable now for over six months. Not a good advert for anyone thinking of purchasing any DLC I'm afraid. Yes, they'll take your money, but don't be surprised when it doesn't work or they won't fix the problems.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    padwick269 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you'll find that the ESO launcher is without doubt the worse launcher ever. Even when you can get support to fix the problems that all at their end. Once the develop team sends out a launcher update it overwrites the fixes support has put in place. From what I have been able to determine from the various issues I have had over an extended period.

Yes, you don't need the launcher to play the game, but once you receive the launcher needs updating dialogue, your problems are about to start all over again. As I say worse game launcher of all time and no willingness on the part of Zenimax to do anything about it.

It's all to do with one of their servers not responding to requests on a particular IP address. Yes, they'll run you around the houses and have you doing all sorts of things but essential it's broken and until they do what's necessary it's going to be a recurring problem.

My ESO has essentially been non-playable now for over six months. Not a good advert for anyone thinking of purchasing any DLC I'm afraid. Yes, they'll take your money, but don't be surprised when it doesn't work or they won't fix the problems.

For my part, I'm still using the same launcher I have been since the beta. The icon's still named "Elder Scrolls Online Beta" on my desktop. So just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it can't work. There is almost always a way.

If there are any problems persisting for either of you still, and you still haven't found a solution, it might be time to bite the bullet and completely uninstall everything, then reinstall it clean. The only other thing I can think of, outside these forums, is submitting a ticket to support directly, preferably with a screenshot or two with any error messages.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GregoryV
    Thank you all, the problem was resolved when I moved to dynamic ip router. Other working solutions in my case: share wifi connection via the tablet, visit frend's home (temporary solutions).

Support team is great!