The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is this??

KittyHazWares
KittyHazWares
✭✭✭
I’ve been playing Eso PvE (trials) and PvP for a long time. I’ve never seen this effect/aura on a character before. Reminds me of a mix of imperial physique and mending.. Its a purple-pink smoke surrounding the player. It seems to be a “permanent” effect because he was wearing it for 2-3 hours. Wouldn’t tell me what it was or how he got it. I’m very curious as I rarely find something that baffles me in eso anymore lol

Honestly my first thought was like yokeda or something since I know 5pc Aether gives that nice pink smoke on your staff when you swap bars. I haven’t seen anyone use the craglorn tank sets in a while. I doubt it’s it though. The guy had like 68k health, by the way, if that helps.

I hope the pic I took is good enough to tell... Watch it be something common and I’m actually a scrub.

http://i.imgur.com/L7knwIs.jpg

^ image

https://xboxclips.com/WHEREW0LF/b90e7dc2-2939-4676-96b8-d598518e7ce3

^ Video clip

Edit: Class was a Templar
Edited by KittyHazWares on April 26, 2018 3:20PM
Xbox One NA
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    The image didn’t work in my original post rip

Should now
    Edited by KittyHazWares on April 26, 2018 2:34PM
    Xbox One NA
  • tourerttrwb17_ESO
    tourerttrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Proxy Detonation?
    PC-NA @Eon-King
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recognize it, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. It could be a mix, I can get purple orbs when my ebony armory and worms raiment sync up when I load into a zone.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proxy Detonation?

I was thinking along the same lines. Probably some spell that bugged onto the character and wouldn't clear.
    Edited by Fleshreaper on April 26, 2018 2:53PM
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    It’s definitely not proxy det. I use that often. It doesn’t have a fiery smoke effect. Just purple.
    Xbox One NA
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    I added a clip
    Xbox One NA
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like an ability from some sort of oblivion/daedric skill. Was it a constant effect or just an explosion that lasted a second or two, that maybe glitched that way?
    Edited by Marginis on April 26, 2018 2:59PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    Constant effect, like imperial physique.
    Xbox One NA
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping to see a class icon in the nameplate area ... my guess is Bound Armor just went crazy and there's extra effects rendering for some reason.
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    Well he was a sun shield build Templar (Iassume because of the high health) he was definitely a Templar however.

Though it does remind me of the mag sorc armor, the glowy eyes.
    Edited by KittyHazWares on April 26, 2018 3:16PM
    Xbox One NA
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do realise the Imperial Physique set only works while you are in the Imperial city itself?

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Imperial_Physique
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »
    You do realise the Imperial Physique set only works while you are in the Imperial city itself?

But if you have 10k+ telvars the blue glow works everywhere (even if additional stats not)
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    gethemshauna is correct, the effect is visible everywhere (including PVE), but the tel var bonus only works in IC
    Xbox One NA
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    But regardless I was saying the effect reminded me of the effect from it :)

I know for sure it was not Physique :)
    Xbox One NA
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a Crown Store memento effect.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but the visual effect is persistent.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a close effect when i get zinged with wizards reposte, though its not quite the bright and not permanent duration, but it is problly a glitch, weird effects stick sometimes and don't go away.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My only guess is that the visual effect is only "Partly" tied to the set. (really the visual effect should only apply in the imperial city.)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My only guess is that the visual effect is only "Partly" tied to the set. (really the visual effect should only apply in the imperial city.)

No, I mean, the visual effect for IP is always visible (so far as I know). It doesn't matter if you're in the IC or not. Though it might disappear if you're wearing it when you leave the IC. (It does appear if you equip it outside of the IC.)
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't ask the guy in question? Altho, I'm sure he was probably getting tons of questions as to what that effect was.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Kreshja
    Kreshja
    ✭✭✭
    It may be from a quest.
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    I actually did ask the guy, he was trying to charge gold for the info.

He would not tell me otherwise.

No way I’m paying gold lol

I suppose he wanted to be the only one with this effect and appear unique
    Edited by KittyHazWares on May 4, 2018 6:52AM
    Xbox One NA
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is he ended a BG match with the BG bomb thing still on him.

If the match ends and you leave before it explodes it can bug out and keep the visual on you.

Had it happen once but I can't remember exactly what it looked like, this reminded me of that though (making me think that's what it is)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wherew0lf wrote: »
    I actually did ask the guy, he was trying to charge gold for the info.

He would not tell me otherwise.

No way I’m paying gold lol

I suppose he wanted to be the only one with this effect and appear unique

Wow. Just wow. What an azzhat. Good thing you didn't pay him :lol:

(edit: can't believe a s s i censored -- it's a donkey for Mara's sake!)
    Edited by NovaMarx on May 4, 2018 9:48AM
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheese...
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos