Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What healer to pick?

Liccao
Liccao
✭✭
Hi my follow ESO players. I have played templer healer for long time now.
The class is begin to be a little boing.

So I want to try a new form for healing therefor I ask here.

What kind of healers are viable for trials?
Im not that kind of player who want to lay on the top I just need to have fun but not be sortet

have a nice day

- Liccao
Like Argonians for being Lizards so Awesome to acturly play as favorite fantacy race in a MMO

Main
Race: Argonian
Class: Warden
Name: Saliandros

• maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    Well best class for healing is templar, but since you got bored I suggest Warden or DK healer.
  • ssorgatem
    ssorgatem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try Stamblade healer.

That will bring back appreaciation for your main.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden has excellent area-of-effect healing. Best in game, actually. BUT they don't have Shards, so you'd need to have Orbs from the Undaunted skill line instead to make up for it.
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the new chapter Nightblade healers will recieve a huge Buff in their healing skills (malevolent offering), so they will have the same emergency button like breath of life. Dragonknight can lay down additional AoE healing with the ash cloud morph, but still lack the oh *** button (arguably they can use ingenious shield for that, but im not convinced)
    Warden healer is and will still be a solid alternative to templar healers.
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait for Summerset to hit, see what's what.

If the meta for tanks stays Alkosh (which most likely will, with the changes to nmg and sunder), templar beats everything else, because shards.

Shards + orbs + ritual, that's 3 synergies, which means 90% Alkosh uptime (in a beautiful world, where dds don't steal synergies as soon as they see the tooltip, even if at max res).

DKs don't really have a class synergy like shards (they have talons, but not sure it's going to be viable to put them on the bar), and wardens only have 1 (budding seeds), on top of orbs.

Nightblade healers are the ones taking the shaft, as the healing + damage is great, but no class synergy on top of orbs. Things might change with Summerset, ofc.

The ideal situation would be to have at least a sorc, so you can synergize liquid lightning, but lacking that, temps win. My point is that group compo makes for a pretty big variable in which one is better, but the most reliable is still templars, because of that extra synergy, and as far as synergies go, shards are a pretty powerful one, being the only synergy in game atm to give magicka AND stamina. Ofc I'm not counting ultis, as every class has access to an ulti with a synergy attached, so temps still push forward.

If you don't care about that, wait for Summerset, and see what's what. I don't have access to PTS, so I know nothing of what's going to happen once it hits.

That said, every class will have a viable healing build available. If you're only interested in which one is THE BEST of the best, go for temp, if you don't mind experimenting, I'm fairly sure every class will be viable, so go nuts.

I recently made a stamina warden healer, and I'm having a lot of fun in small scale content (dungeons and dsa).

Edited by Aisle9 on April 26, 2018 11:23AM
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • efduncanub17_ESO
    efduncanub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    From what I am seeing DK healer is going to be the best in sommerset
  • Joshuagm1991
    Joshuagm1991
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like you need to heal with a class that isn't designed to have healing as it's niche.

Like these people are saying you should try nightblade, sorcerer, or DK to heal.

ive heard nightblade has more heals than Templar just not a burst heal. I'd recommend learning this class to play on a more difficult skilled level.
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisle9 wrote: »

If the meta for tanks stays Alkosh (which most likely will, with the changes to nmg and sunder), templar beats everything else, because shards.

Shards + orbs + ritual, that's 3 synergies, which means 90% Alkosh uptime (in a beautiful world, where dds don't steal synergies as soon as they see the tooltip, even if at max res).

DKs don't really have a class synergy like shards (they have talons, but not sure it's going to be viable to put them on the bar), and wardens only have 1 (budding seeds), on top of orbs.

Nightblade healers are the ones taking the shaft, as the healing + damage is great, but no class synergy on top of orbs. Things might change with Summerset, ofc.

The ideal situation would be to have at least a sorc, so you can synergize liquid lightning, but lacking that, temps win. My point is that group compo makes for a pretty big variable in which one is better, but the most reliable is still templars, because of that extra synergy, and as far as synergies go, shards are a pretty powerful one, being the only synergy in game atm to give magicka AND stamina. Ofc I'm not counting ultis, as every class has access to an ulti with a synergy attached, so temps still push forward.

If you don't care about that, wait for Summerset, and see what's what. I don't have access to PTS, so I know nothing of what's going to happen once it hits.

That said, every class will have a viable healing build available. If you're only interested in which one is THE BEST of the best, go for temp, if you don't mind experimenting, I'm fairly sure every class will be viable, so go nuts.

I recently made a stamina warden healer, and I'm having a lot of fun in small scale content (dungeons and dsa).

Same Synergy cooldown isnt it?
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you need to heal with a class that isn't designed to have healing as it's niche.

Like these people are saying you should try nightblade, sorcerer, or DK to heal.

ive heard nightblade has more heals than Templar just not a burst heal. I'd recommend learning this class to play on a more difficult skilled level.

NB healer get a burstheal with Summerset
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, nothing beats templar in end-game healing.
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xuhora wrote: »

Are they ? I haven't played my healer much after the changes, and I don't rely much on synergies when DD, so I'm not sure enough to answer that.

But even if they were, shards gives the same amount of max stat + a little bit of the min stat, which is kind of a big deal for tanks, so even then, still better.
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)

#SpellswordArmy

• Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are they ? I haven't played my healer much after the changes, and I don't rely much on synergies when DD, so I'm not sure enough to answer that.

But even if they were, shards gives the same amount of max stat + a little bit of the min stat, which is kind of a big deal for tanks, so even then, still better.

They are... and Extended Ritual can only be activated if debuffed, so the calculation with 90% Alkosh Uptime with only these 3 Synergies ist pretty far off the reality, since either shards OR Orbs can be activated every 20 seconds. And for the other concern about ressources restored: with the introduction of Harmonic Trait every Tank that has ressource problems will run one of these, and the other tanks, that can manage their pools, they dont care about the difference between shards and orbs.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like playing a mag NB healer with Sap Essence and barrier. Not only are you able to heal but you do a lot of damage for the group.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden or DK (i k ow but just read the morphs)
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are... and Extended Ritual can only be activated if debuffed, so the calculation with 90% Alkosh Uptime with only these 3 Synergies ist pretty far off the reality, since either shards OR Orbs can be activated every 20 seconds. And for the other concern about ressources restored: with the introduction of Harmonic Trait every Tank that has ressource problems will run one of these, and the other tanks, that can manage their pools, they dont care about the difference between shards and orbs.

Reason why I specifically advise the OP to wait for Summerset...

But again, it doesn't matter if the tank can or cannot manage their resources, the OP specifically asked which one is better.

Edited by Aisle9 on April 26, 2018 12:33PM

#SpellswordArmy

• Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aisle9 i guess you are messing up the threads you are commenting in, but NVM :smirk:
  • Liccao
    Liccao
    ✭✭
    @Aisle9 i guess you are messing up the threads you are commenting in, but NVM :smirk:

Jep. What I just wanted to know was a fun healer char beside my templer healer. That means I dont need two templer healers. But that fine I have just startet me a Warden Healer.
    Like Argonians for being Lizards so Awesome to acturly play as favorite fantacy race in a MMO

Main
    Race: Argonian
    Class: Warden
    Name: Saliandros

• priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭

I agree. they share the same energy, and Templar healers are great but BoL was further nerfed during the next update (something Templar healers aren't talking about).

I main a Warden healer and have done most content with it and it far performs my Templar healer. Warden healing is much more exciting for me, the heals are powerful, and takes a bit of used to before mastery, but once you do, having a Warden healer is amazing.

I really do believe the two are based on different play styles with few advantages over the other.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc healing rocks. Great side DPS, different play style. And of you commit you can heal the tough content.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend NB, if you are up to a more offensive style of healing. It provides few basic support on it's own, but can be interesting with stealthing and therefore reducing attention to adds, or even bosses in extreme cases. :wink:
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the new chapter Nightblade healers will recieve a huge Buff in their healing skills (malevolent offering), so they will have the same emergency button like breath of life. Dragonknight can lay down additional AoE healing with the ash cloud morph, but still lack the oh *** button (arguably they can use ingenious shield for that, but im not convinced)

as always, if you dont have an emergency class heal you can always chose the mutagen morph of the resto-staff line instead of rapid regen and it works for that...in addition DKs also have obsidian shard which is a powerful heal on its own...too bad its really only good as an emergency heal for melee DPS
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Sorc healing rocks. Great side DPS, different play style. And of you commit you can heal the tough content.

This, I’m really surprised no one else has mentioned Sorc heals here. I made my first sorc healer a while ago and have leveled it since, and I’m having a blast so far. I don’t know how well it would do in, say, vet trials but so far I haven’t had any issues with sustain, and the side dps and support abilities that sorc provides can be pretty useful.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    warden is good, but if you want something that's a little off the ebaten path try a mag blade.They get a few abilities that heal, protect, etc. And you get the dark aesthetic to go with it.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If i was looking for a non templar class for an endgame healer i would probably look hard at the warden.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »

This, I’m really surprised no one else has mentioned Sorc heals here. I made my first sorc healer a while ago and have leveled it since, and I’m having a blast so far. I don’t know how well it would do in, say, vet trials but so far I haven’t had any issues with sustain, and the side dps and support abilities that sorc provides can be pretty useful.

Sorc have a limited capacity to heal, by limited meaning pretty much whatever resto staff gives you. Other classes have a heal skill line so you end up with two heal skill lines. I think sorcs are considered to be the weakest of healers which i find kind of strange since they are magic users they should actually be really good at healing in theory. But that is the way ZOS designed it. "Oh look a rogue like nightblade can outheal a magic based class using magic based spells." I swear they come up with some of this stuff while doing jagerbombs and write it on a napkin.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »

as always, if you dont have an emergency class heal you can always chose the mutagen morph of the resto-staff line instead of rapid regen and it works for that...in addition DKs also have obsidian shard which is a powerful heal on its own...too bad its really only good as an emergency heal for melee DPS

The heal from obsidian shard has a 28 meter range. So it is just as good as beath or whatever class burst heal you want now. Even better cause it could technically have a 56 meter range, 28 to Target and then 28 from Target to teammate. From the pts-

PYvKAyT.jpg

I have healed almost every thing as a templar and warden and they are about the same if you know what you are doing, the Templar can do more dps innately while healing, see purifying light, ritual of retribution, shards do more damage then mystic orbs, though most will use energy orbs anyways, vampires bane for the major prophecy instead of lotus blossom. In fact the only two damage abilities on my warden healer are mystic and lighting wall.

On shards vs orbs, they both give back 3960 of the highest resource, the luminous shard morph gives 1980 of the lesser, I mean it is something but hardly anything to write home about, infact when I heal trials on my temp, I swap out shards for orbs on my temp, my warden just always use them of course.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 27, 2018 6:09AM
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam Warden healer is actually viable and I did vet dlc dungeon hm with it. The creator of the build I use have done vDSA with it before.

It's NOT for trial, but as far as 4 ppl content goes, it's good enough for the hardest content

And more importantly it's real fun :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/6eoyip/guide_yffres_guardian_stamina_warden_pve_healer/
    The latest version of the build
  • Carthelion
    Carthelion
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe how little im seeing Sorc healer mentioned. The twilight heal is nice for those emergancy moments, a good substitute for BoL.

The heal from obsidian shard has a 28 meter range. So it is just as good as beath or whatever class burst heal you want now. Even better cause it could technically have a 56 meter range, 28 to Target and then 28 from Target to teammate. From the pts-

PYvKAyT.jpg

I have healed almost every thing as a templar and warden and they are about the same if you know what you are doing, the Templar can do more dps innately while healing, see purifying light, ritual of retribution, shards do more damage then mystic orbs, though most will use energy orbs anyways, vampires bane for the major prophecy instead of lotus blossom. In fact the only two damage abilities on my warden healer are mystic and lighting wall.

On shards vs orbs, they both give back 3960 of the highest resource, the luminous shard morph gives 1980 of the lesser, I mean it is something but hardly anything to write home about, infact when I heal trials on my temp, I swap out shards for orbs on my temp, my warden just always use them of course.

Im very interested in making a DK healer for Summerset. Is Obsidian Shard a good BoL substitute? Does it smart heal the lowest health player?

As a side note, I can't believe how little im seeing Sorc healer mentioned. The twilight heal is nice for those emergancy moments, a good substitute for BoL
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carthelion wrote: »
    Can't believe how little im seeing Sorc healer mentioned. The twilight heal is nice for those emergancy moments, a good substitute for BoL.

PYvKAyT.jpg

Im very interested in making a DK healer for Summerset. Is Obsidian Shard a good BoL substitute? Does it smart heal the lowest health player?

As a side note, I can't believe how little im seeing Sorc healer mentioned. The twilight heal is nice for those emergancy moments, a good substitute for BoL

if only the pets wouldn't die in certrain fights pretty often... happend to me a few times, where i wanted to emergency heal my teammate, whooops, summoning matriarch, because she was dead...again...in 1 bossfight
    Edited by Xuhora on April 27, 2018 7:23AM
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisle9 i guess you are messing up the threads you are commenting in, but NVM :smirk:

Hey, at least it keeps things interesting.

Yeah, ok, I'm working too much (._. )

#SpellswordArmy