The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Addon features that should be in base game

Marcus684
Marcus684
✭✭✭✭✭
I’ve been playing ESO since early release, and am generally pretty happy with the game’s functionality overall, but there’s still some basic features missing from the base game that I have to install addons to get, the two biggest being Multicraft (obviously for crafting multiple items) and Advanced Filters (for much easier inventory management). The fact that these two basic features haven’t yet been incorporated into the base game to me shows a lack of respect for the player base on ZOS’ part, since obviously console players don’t have this option. What are some other QoL features that should be built into the base game?
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Lorebooks

Pre-set armour/CP/skill setups

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minimap. I still can't understand how any modern game can just not have the option for it. Boggles my mind.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minimap. I still can't understand how any modern game can just not have the option for it. Boggles my mind.

Absolutely. Not sure why they chose not to have it.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keyword search function for guild stores, please.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A proper search function for the guild store would be great. I honestly don't know how I'm supposed to find anything without add-ons.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's funny because I absolutely do not miss having a mini-map. There are games where I sort of look at them, like Diablo III when running Grifts, or BDO to keep an eye out for quest objectives.

But in ESO I find I can orient myself pretty well via landmarks and looking at the big map if I really need to.

The Moot Councillor
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AwesomeGuildstore functionality.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    AwesomeGuildstore functionality.

Absolutely.

Personally, I also like having Wykkyd's toolbar at the top of my screen, mostly for XP tracking and having a visible clock at all times.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we had one. Then they removed it... Add-on took over.

What was the reason for it again? I forgot.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Crafted Potions (Color Codes your crafted potions in a similar way to how crafted food color codes. Also, maybe, give some of the multi effect pots unique names so our Alchemy writs don't preferentially snarf down tripots?)
    • Advance Filters (Adds more subfilters to the basic inventory options.)
    • Achievement Tracker (Gives you the ability to pin achievement progress to the UI)
    • Dye Station Achievement Links (Lets you pop up achievement progress from the outfit station interface, without exiting.)
    • Multi-quest Tracker (Not, exactly as offered in addons, but the ability to pin additional quests to the UI.)
    • Vampire's Woe (Prevent accidentally feeding on a vampire.)
    • No Accidental Stealing (A lockout to prevent a character from accidentally stealing random mise en scene items.) (Not going to happen, but I'll still hold it up as a good idea for everyone who doesn't want to play a thief.)
    • Quality Sort (Sort's items by their color. Gold -> Purple -> Blue -> Green -> White -> Gray.)
    • Urich's Skill Point Finder (Adds a window that tracks your earned skill points. Probably better as a new window in the journal, that unlocks as you progress through the game.)
    Edited by starkerealm on April 25, 2018 8:44PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in addition to the ones already mentioned.

Iakoni bar/gear changer. seriously, being able to save your gear sets and bar sets with one click instead of give or take 2 dozen - saves a LOT of time.

minimap yes (I think they didn't want to add one, cause immersion or something like that?)

pchat. I shouldn't have to use an addon, just to save guild chat colors across my characters. and yet... here we are

port to friend. limiting home visiting to primary only is.. why? if a person choses to open up their house ANY house for visiting - we should be able to visit it, regardless of whether its primary or not.

Votan's improved outfit station. undo button to go back a single step instead of full reset and ability to save outfit presets should be baseline.

Essential housing tools. seriously.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They went for the same map option as all TES games
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They went for the same map option as all TES games

Not trying to be snarky here but so what? Well, I guess so that TES folk feel more at home.

First add-on I got was a map. Oddly, I can get turned around in-game but never in RL. Oh well, think it was a mistake but easily rectified.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    1) Keyword search for guild stores. Virtually unusable as it is. Or, a separate category under motifs, either to select legs, chest, etc. or filter by stylename. To many styles to choose from though, so just the former.

Heck, go even simpler and just have a known/unknown switch. Basically turn off "already in library" so only the "use to add to library" remains.

2) Sky shards and lorebooks. Goes hand in hand. If they want to not make it so easy, make it so that ones discovered on one character show up on the map of other characters.

Honestly, I'm just keeping it super simple and not to wish-listy. The two above should be fairly easy to do on consoles specifically, but for PC as well.

There's tons more I'm jealous of PC having add ons for. Crafting nodes were nice to have on PC, but the map tended to get way to cluttered for me
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    amazing that we were able to play the game through pre-release without any of this....
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The API was exposed so that addons could be created. I, for one, don't mind the simple base UI because I love to use addons to create my own custom UI.

We have lots of addons to choose from to make our own unique UI for our gametime.
    I'd rather see it stay that way.
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    The API was exposed so that addons could be created. I, for one, don't mind the simple base UI because I love to use addons to create my own custom UI.

We have lots of addons to choose from to make our own unique UI for our gametime.

On PC absolutely. People seem to forget there are more than just PC users. Consoles aren't going to get add ons ever most likely, so flipping the proverbial switch to turn on simple things like skyshards and lorebooks seems a no-brainer.

Still not having it 4 years in is starting to feel like console players aren't part of the family.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok but that doesn’t do any good for console players who’ve suffering with the awful base UI for years. I haven’t stuck any addons onto the PTS and I can barely read my resource values in their default size and font
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More user friendly store, color sliders, multi craft, trait buddy, extended quick bars, hell a built in UI customizer would be fantastic.

With this game you had the same approach Beth and ZM always use in games. Let the modders finish the game.
    Edited by Jade1986 on April 25, 2018 9:09PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On PC absolutely. People seem to forget there are more than just PC users. Consoles aren't going to get add ons ever most likely, so flipping the proverbial switch to turn on simple things like skyshards and lorebooks seems a no-brainer.

Still not having it 4 years in is starting to feel like console players aren't part of the family.

This is the reason that the game shouldn't be designed bare bones with the ability for the community to create addons to fill in the gaps. At least not exclusively. A console release was always on the table and I don't think there was ever a time when addons were going to go along with it. The base game should include many of the features listed here, even if they are optional and can be toggled off, because console players are losing functionality that many other games provide just because PC players have a patchwork solution.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An Awesome version of Awesome Guild Store
    Master Merchant
    Tamriel Trade Centre

as a base, several others but not having to wade through quicksand to buy and sell is a priority
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    Iakoni bar/gear changer. seriously, being able to save your gear sets and bar sets with one click instead of give or take 2 dozen - saves a LOT of time.

A loadout system could be, seriously, useful.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amazing that we were able to play the game through pre-release without any of this....

you mean that time when you could only trade with people within your guild only? when you didn't have any way to track buffs and debuffs. and those are just 2 off the top of my head that were eventually added to the base game.

there is NOTHING wrong with adding quality of life improvements.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    I've also wondered why we have an outfit station for playing dress up, but not something super useful like a load out option.

Being able to from a healer loudout to a damage loadout would be soooo useful for going from dungeons to overland content.

Even neverwinter recently added that option
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Combat metrics and guild store search function would probably be my top two. I'd also like an improved buff tracker.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

you mean that time when you could only trade with people within your guild only? when you didn't have any way to track buffs and debuffs. and those are just 2 off the top of my head that were eventually added to the base game.

there is NOTHING wrong with adding quality of life improvements.

So long as they are optional, with a toggle. One person's quality of life improvement may be an absolute curse to someone else.

Personally I'm fine with the default UI, and always have been since PC launch. No addons used, and no performance issues ever experienced. But if others want them incorporated into the default UI and they don't impact on server performance then that's fine, so long as they're optional.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel for you console players. Inventory/guild store use is so tedious without addons. I doubt I’d still be playing if I was on console.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minimal hub is ES trade mark for their games, they gave you the OK to use Add-ons in your game files.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    An Awesome version of Awesome Guild Store
    Master Merchant
    Tamriel Trade Centre

as a base, several others but not having to wade through quicksand to buy and sell is a priority

I would draw the line at TTC. I don't think that it is beneficial to the game.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abstraqt wrote: »
    Lorebooks

never ever ever should this be implemented by zos. the whole idea is to find them yourself.