The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there an addon that can connect swapping weapons to buttons 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 ?

PoisonedPaint
PoisonedPaint
✭✭✭
As title suggests. Im not sure if this has been asked, but Im looking for an addon that can bind the second bar to respond to keys 6, 7, 8 , 9 and 10 and swap on its own. Is this possible?
@PoisonedPaint - RPers, feel free to add! I'm on NA, EST Zone. Has odd playtimes.

Main Character: Bjorn the Half-Blood - Half Imperial/Nord. Carrd RP Profile Link

Best Answers

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd probably be looking at some kind of macro, to map two keystrokes to stroking one key (ie bar swap keystroke, then ability keystroke, both activating in order once you stroke the 6-10 key). I'm not sure if this kind of stroking is allowed by ZOS, so it's best to review their policies on macros before trying any of this.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Answer ✓
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, thank you @Marginis ! I dont know if I would even know how macro work here (Im more a casual PVE person, not a min-maxer, but I am trying to get a decent rotation going to clear vets and pull my own weight as a stamblade DPS. I have a feeling due to a disability that afflicts my hands, I may have difficulty doing the minimal output. ) If that helps anyone understand what I search for. Not that I wish to use it as an excuse, Im simply looking for alteratives to help do this. :)

There are several ways to do macros - usually via software, sometimes bundled with keyboards (I use mostly razor gear, which comes bundled with software that can reprogram keys. Some keyboards or mice also have keys on them specifically meant for custom keybinds, like the black widow keyboard, which is so common you can probably find it in your nearby walmart). There are also options with controllers, although depending on the accessibility one might need to order one custom made. The guy I'm thinking of is Ben Heck (benheck.com) but I'm not sure how one might commission him. Of course there are other places to custom order such things, it would just take a google search or two. Just to be safe though, again, some macros and other customizations are not retaliated against, and some are considered bannable offenses, so I cannot recommend any one solution without checking ESO's terms of service or speaking directly with ZOS support or a ZOS mod first.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Answer ✓
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, thank you @Marginis ! I dont know if I would even know how macro work here (Im more a casual PVE person, not a min-maxer, but I am trying to get a decent rotation going to clear vets and pull my own weight as a stamblade DPS. I have a feeling due to a disability that afflicts my hands, I may have difficulty doing the minimal output. ) If that helps anyone understand what I search for. Not that I wish to use it as an excuse, Im simply looking for alteratives to help do this. :)
    @PoisonedPaint - RPers, feel free to add! I'm on NA, EST Zone. Has odd playtimes.

Main Character: Bjorn the Half-Blood - Half Imperial/Nord. Carrd RP Profile Link
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »

There are several ways to do macros - usually via software, sometimes bundled with keyboards (I use mostly razor gear, which comes bundled with software that can reprogram keys. Some keyboards or mice also have keys on them specifically meant for custom keybinds, like the black widow keyboard, which is so common you can probably find it in your nearby walmart). There are also options with controllers, although depending on the accessibility one might need to order one custom made. The guy I'm thinking of is Ben Heck (benheck.com) but I'm not sure how one might commission him. Of course there are other places to custom order such things, it would just take a google search or two. Just to be safe though, again, some macros and other customizations are not retaliated against, and some are considered bannable offenses, so I cannot recommend any one solution without checking ESO's terms of service or speaking directly with ZOS support or a ZOS mod first.

Awesome, thank you for suggesting those! I hadn't known those kinds of things worked; I currently have a corsair mouse, but it only has the red 'target' button on the side. If I could keybind that to swap weapons, it would be a godsend, haha!

I will definitely look into those things though, and I appreciate you taking the time to point me in the right direction!

• MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If keys 6-10 incorporate a weapon-swap into them then wouldn't keys 1-5 also need to incorporate weapon-swap into them? y'know, in order to swap back to your main bar?

How would a macro know when to NOT do a weapon swap (because you're already on the correct bar)? i.e. you pressed 6, it swapped the bar, and the software is now keeping track of which bar you're on? So it's software capable of making conditional decisions? That would definitely be against TOS.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    If keys 6-10 incorporate a weapon-swap into them then wouldn't keys 1-5 also need to incorporate weapon-swap into them? y'know, in order to swap back to your main bar?

How would a macro know when to NOT do a weapon swap (because you're already on the correct bar)? i.e. you pressed 6, it swapped the bar, and the software is now keeping track of which bar you're on? So it's software capable of making conditional decisions? That would definitely be against TOS.

No one said anything about using software here; I just returned to the game, and I wasn't sure if there was an addon that had these kinds of functions. I'm not even savvy with these sorts of things, and do not know what ESO's addons are capable of within the bounds ZoS has set, so it was a bit of the point of the post. I come from games where the swapping isn't a thing, and it was a tad easier just to press 1-10 or whatever the amount of hotbuttons; I just found it a little easier. But as I see there is not a way to do this, I will manage. :)

• Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    alpha gear can swap either weapons - armor - skills with hotkeys that you assign....
  • PoisonedPaint
    PoisonedPaint
    ✭✭✭
    Imza wrote: »
    alpha gear can swap either weapons - armor - skills with hotkeys that you assign....

Hey there, thanks for your post, is there any link for this addon? And is it on Minion? I tend to use that generally

• sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imza wrote: »

This add-on swaps currently equipped items with other items you assign in your inventory. It does not do what the OP is asking, nor does it work in combat.
    Edited by sylviermoone on April 26, 2018 2:50PM
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone