The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eso: Cinematic Camera

Ectheliontnacil
Ectheliontnacil
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
When you are afk for a while, sometimes the camera starts circling around your character slowly.

Is there anyway to replicate this slow and steady camera movement, or are there any addons for cinematic ESO shots? Any info on this would be appreciated! :smile: .
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your on PC, you can do this easily by just rotating your mouse in 3rd person mode. I don't know about consoles though, there probably is, but I don't know it.
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Raraaku

No that's not what I meant. You can't replicate that slow and steady circling of your character with your mouse. I you will always see a difference between the two.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hold! You're telling us you want to replicate a bug for real use? This is epic! :D
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Dragonnord

What? No!

This camera circling is just something that happens when you haven't moved for a while. It's a common system that you can encounter in a number of games. Skyrim has it too for example.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Dragonnord

What? No!

This camera circling is just something that happens when you haven't moved for a while. It's a common system that you can encounter in a number of games. Skyrim has it too for example.

Oh! I thought you were talking about that current bug that the camera suddenly starts moving circling you around.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dragonnord

What? No!

Not mine or anyone else I've heard of. There's a bug with that that no one usuallu wants tho!
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    @Dragonnord

What? No!

Oh! I thought you were talking about that current bug that the camera suddenly starts moving circling you around.

Oh no, sry I didn't mean that.

Just when I've been afk for some time your ui is toggled off and camera rotates around you in 3rd person. It looks really awesome and I think it might be useful for scenic shots of the environment :smile: .
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Im afk for any length of time all I see is the login screen.

Is this a console thing?
    [DC/NA]
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Dragonnord

What? No!

Just when I've been afk for some time your ui is toggled off and camera rotates around you in 3rd person. It looks really awesome and I think it might be useful for scenic shots of the environment :smile: .

I've honestly never seen that happening, no matter how long I'm afk. My game just logs out in any case, but no camera rotation at all.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Dragonnord

What? No!

I've honestly never seen that happening, no matter how long I'm afk. My game just logs out in any case, but no camera rotation at all.

I don't exactly know when this is supposed to happen. Probably when you've sheathed your weapons and aren't in stealth.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could you please (or anyone at ZOS) confirm when this happens? I've been in all kind of afk modes and never seen camera rotation. Thank you.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oftentimes, and you'll see this in machinima, one would toggle ui off, but turn controller support on, and use a joystick on the controller to achieve a more steady camera rotation. It does still take a steady hand, but you can turn the controller sensitivity very low (which helps), and it is almost always better than a mouse regardless, as the two control types interact with the game differently. Similarly, it is possible to map view rotation to buttons on the keyboard, but those are generally less efficient than using a joystick.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Marginis

Hmmm yes, controllers would work perhaps. Still it would be awesome if we were to get some sort of "cinematic support" for eso :smiley: .
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Marginis

Hmmm yes, controllers would work perhaps. Still it would be awesome if we were to get some sort of "cinematic support" for eso :smiley: .

To be fair, they are currently implementing some basic things that help, such as (at least it looks like so far) that they will be eventually adding a "hide ui" feature to console. My guess is that this kind of thing is just not terribly high on their priority list.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.