The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Earthgore is Overperforming

• Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »
    ascan7 wrote: »
    OP is right, Earthgore is overperfoming
    Earthgore function should be providing an incredibible heal, but only few times because of the long cooldown.
    The problem is that multiple Earthgore completely change its function. Considering that Earthgore has a duration of 3 seconds and a cooldown of 35, in an hypotetical scenery were 12 people have all Earthgore and are able to proc it at will, they would have 100% Earthgore proc. That's incredibly broken.
    Realistically you can do that, but till the concept "awesome heal every 30 seconds" gets throw out the window.
    Imho a god way to nerf Earthgore by keeping its original function the same would be add some sort to internal cooldown for every target hit by Heartgore.
    What i mean is this: if you get healed by Heartgore, you can't get healed by Earthgore, even another one, for 30-35 seconds. This would be added to the normal cooldown.

They need to just remove ALL 2 pc from PVP then maybe people will finally stop crying - these threads just bore me.
    I at last agree with something you posted. I have run it with Bow/Bow(low weapon dmg) No-CP BGs with pugs. Only active heal I have for allies was vigor, I topped 250k healing regularly.

Normally with troll king I'm sitting at 160k in match where I get to heal a lot. EarthGore is insane burst healing without having to invest as a healer. I love it, but its definitely overperforming.

Thats not true. I think we also agreed about getting CP out of BGs.

But if you use draining shot, odds are you also use the draining shot exploit, so if I see you in game and you do that, I will bag you ;)

I just made my first bow character (other than my one in 2014 which changed to a magblade in a couple days!) - IDK any exploits - but I don't want to accidentally do this ever - must it be purposefully done? Or can it accidentally happen?

Please tell or pm me details?

Made a video just for you. i'll give it its own thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsMhC1d7AfQ

This doesn't benefit me, and I'm struggling to see how it could really benefit someone else other than trying to knock someone off a cliff. You lose an incredible amount of stamina doing this and you gain no healing and little to no damage. The heal of draining shot is super important for me and highly underrated. You lose the heal by doing this, it just burns your stam for nothing.

the only issue I see with this is NBs. Heavy attack from with the bow>roll dodge cancel draining shot>Incap>execute would be nasty being you stunned him 2 times without being able to get c.c. immunity until hes already dead or near dead
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore function should be providing an incredibible heal, but only few times because of the long cooldown.
    The problem is that multiple Earthgore completely change its function. Considering that Earthgore has a duration of 3 seconds and a cooldown of 35, in an hypotetical scenery were 12 people have all Earthgore and are able to proc it at will, they would have 100% Earthgore proc. That's incredibly broken.
    Realistically you can do that, but till the concept "awesome heal every 30 seconds" gets throw out the window.
    Imho a god way to nerf Earthgore by keeping its original function the same would be add some sort to internal cooldown for every target hit by Heartgore.
    What i mean is this: if you get healed by Heartgore, you can't get healed by Earthgore, even another one, for 30-35 seconds. This would be added to the normal cooldown.

They need to just remove ALL 2 pc from PVP then maybe people will finally stop crying - these threads just bore me.
    I at last agree with something you posted. I have run it with Bow/Bow(low weapon dmg) No-CP BGs with pugs. Only active heal I have for allies was vigor, I topped 250k healing regularly.

Normally with troll king I'm sitting at 160k in match where I get to heal a lot. EarthGore is insane burst healing without having to invest as a healer. I love it, but its definitely overperforming.

But if you use draining shot, odds are you also use the draining shot exploit, so if I see you in game and you do that, I will bag you ;)

I just made my first bow character (other than my one in 2014 which changed to a magblade in a couple days!) - IDK any exploits - but I don't want to accidentally do this ever - must it be purposefully done? Or can it accidentally happen?

This doesn't benefit me, and I'm struggling to see how it could really benefit someone else other than trying to knock someone off a cliff. You lose an incredible amount of stamina doing this and you gain no healing and little to no damage. The heal of draining shot is super important for me and highly underrated. You lose the heal by doing this, it just burns your stam for nothing.

It's more of a problem in group play as it removes the victim's ability to use countermeasures. You lock down the opponent, your groupmate kills him.

I guess I could see how it could be abused in that context. The heal from it is massive though which is what I see people overlooking constantly. It's like a free breath of life for me.

the only issue I see with this is NBs. Heavy attack from with the bow>roll dodge cancel draining shot>Incap>execute would be nasty being you stunned him 2 times without being able to get c.c. immunity until hes already dead or near dead

And I guess you could try and work around it, probably wouldn't be able to land that Incap reliably. From what I've seen it's pretty hard to control the dodgeroll direction and knock back. The knockback from Draining Shot has a mind of its own.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on April 26, 2018 4:53AM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It needs to proc off a direct heal of some sort. The amount of morons who get saved because they stand in one of the 50,000 healy circles on the ground is beyond ridiculous.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    But they are nerfing earthgore. Doubling the heal duration I believe. Thoughts on that?

This isn't actually a nerf. What they need to do is actually limit the amount of healing not make it longer. If you have multiple earthgore going off in a group, is it really going to be better if the duration is longer? No, it might even be worse. But for this patch at least it seems ZOS refuses to touch any of the things that actually need changes so far: incap, defile, the amount of buffs available to wardens without sacrificing skill slots, earthgore healing.
    Edited by Vapirko on April 26, 2018 6:26AM
  • MrCommunity
    at the very least you should be able to negate the earthgore proc, but you cant even do that. I still dont think the 6 second healing duration is enough of a nerf. if two people are wearing it in a 12 man group, It will still be very difficult to time your burst and out DPS the set.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryhard Rating: (Destro Ults + Earthgore procs + Permafrosts + 1/2 * Corrupting Pollen) / Number of Group members x 100

:trollface:;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aoe PvP is OP and boring
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    I think Earthgore should be disabled for PvP. That way it keeps it's PvE healing potency, but we PvP'rs don't have to deal with it anymore.
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.