The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What's your preferred role for Templar?

LegendaryOaks
LegendaryOaks
✭✭✭
Mine is a templar tank. Holy warrior is cool to me. Also repentance is an OP hidden gem no one talks about.
Full Time Shitposter

What's your preferred role for Templar? 191 votes

Magicka Healer
53%
rikimm16_ESONewBlacksmurfQaraMarginismissjackieb14_ESOAlienSlofzariaMagicaSotha_SilNifty2gSirCriticalThePaulrus94Skworsaltprerb18_ESOAzraelKriegashigraybeckamayGraydonDarkheartnomikkh 103 votes
Stamina Damage
17%
DragonLane555Skayaqjcasini222ub17_ESOmertustatechnohicAlex_LexStill_MindWolfenbelleGothlanderOcean_Charlie9Cillion3117iRogue32IV_DeityEDS604DankstakylewwefanMic1007SasykFischblutDocFrost72 33 votes
Magicka Damage
21%
Moloch1514Animus-ESOMadyBarsSharranAesAluiriesTanis-StormbinderalsurankimaerilAhPook_Is_HereCendrillion21Enemy-of-ColdharbourDieAlteHexeMinnolillybitADarkloremeekeyceebri5Parrot1986Blackbird_V 41 votes
Tank
7%
atremblay1b14_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOtimb16_ESO85VaxtinTheWolfsylviermooneJade1986Darkmage1337Peekachu99KodracKittehWinksEvilAutoTechLegendaryOaksayu_feverPeachVsEggplant 14 votes
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Damage
    There's no other for hybridplar, but an effective hybridplar is already .75 stamina anyway tbh.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on April 24, 2018 12:28PM
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    There's no other for hybridplar, but an effective hybridplar is already .75 stamina anyway tbh.

I always hear bad things about hybrid builds. Are they effective for late game vet dungeons/trials?
    Full Time Shitposter
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Damage

I always hear bad things about hybrid builds. Are they effective for late game vet dungeons/trials?

Mine pulled 23k self buffed. It'd be effective for vet dungeons and crag vtrials, which is as far as I was shooting for. I'd assume someone could unpotato my rotation and hit no less than 25k. The changes with Summerset look...interesting. I want to test but no pts, sadly.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina Damage
    Mine is a templar tank. Holy warrior is cool to me. Also repentance is an OP hidden gem no one talks about.

Theyre salty because Repentance used to be even better then it got its balls clipped. Used to give everyone back stamina and heal.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Damage
    Pull some decent damage as Magtemplar, plus a few self heals are always a plus when doing vet content. :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Damage
    I am currently trying to find a decent stamplar setup, I also have a magplar. Both Dark Elves.

One I am currently trying out is 5 Hundings, 4 nights silence (for max stam, stam rec, and wep. crit) with 3 agility jewelry with wep damage glyphs. Has 34K stam, 2693 wep damage, 73.3% wep cri, 1264 stam recovery. Still suffers though with overly high usage of stamina, and recovery is way too slow. It even struggles with public dungeon bosses.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Damage
    kylewwefan wrote: »

Theyre salty because Repentance used to be even better then it got its balls clipped. Used to give everyone back stamina and heal.

I think a fair majority of people upset about repentance are that way because it is incredibly specific (read:limited) in its usefulness and makes it a nightmare to have more than one templar using it.

But I will admit that skill makes me salty for sure.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on April 24, 2018 12:52PM
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    I am currently trying to find a decent stamplar setup, I also have a magplar. Both Dark Elves.

One I am currently trying out is 5 Hundings, 4 nights silence (for max stam, stam rec, and wep. crit) with 3 agility jewelry with wep damage glyphs. Has 34K stam, 2693 wep damage, 73.3% wep cri, 1264 stam recovery. Still suffers though with overly high usage of stamina, and recovery is way too slow. It even struggles with public dungeon bosses.

Try a heavy attack rotation. Use vigor while soloing.
    Full Time Shitposter
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's false to say that Repentenance is OP or that no one talks about it. It's usefulness depends on having dead bodies around, so it doesn't help resource management at all in boss fights, where it really counts. And since it can only be used once per body, and only restores stam to the caster, you can never have more than one effective stamplar per group. No other class has such situational resource assists as an active skill, or has to compete with others for their resource management.

If it were a passive, these drawbacks would be more than acceptable. But as is, it further cripples what is the weakest class for sustained stam dps.
    Edited by Reverb on April 24, 2018 1:02PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Healer
    A crafter/storage mule the way they're making healers redundant anymore.
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    Reverb wrote: »
    It's also too say that Repentenance is OP or that no one talks about it. It's usefulness depends on having dead bodies around, so it doesn't help resource management at all in boss fights, where it really counts. And since it can only be used once per body, and only restores stam to the caster, you can never have more than one effective stamplar per group. No other class has such situational resource assists as an active skill, or has to compete with others for their resource management.

If it were a passive, these drawbacks would be more than acceptable. But as is, it further cripples what is the weakest class for sustained stam dps.

It's very rare I play with a stamplar, if I do I leave the repentance up to him.

Most bosses have adds that they spawn frequenty enough to still be useful.
    Edited by LegendaryOaks on April 24, 2018 12:59PM
    Full Time Shitposter
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Healer
    Don't understand damage.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    Don't understand damage.
    I feel ya
    Full Time Shitposter
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    \ Also repentance is an OP hidden gem no one talks about.

Wat.

All templars talk about repentance. We fondly reminisce about when it was useful (for more than just one stamplar in the group).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Healer

Wat.

All templars talk about repentance. We fondly reminisce about when it was useful (for more than just one stamplar in the group).

I remember when even HEALERS could and should use it...
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Wat.

'Twas glorious. Now I only get to run it after timidly asking if anyone else needs to make dem bodies repent.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    Mureel wrote: »

Wat.

'Twas glorious. Now I only get to run it after timidly asking if anyone else needs to make dem bodies repent.

I rarely play with stamplars so that's what makes it great. I don't feel the struggle of needing it to sustain though because I can heavy attack. It's just a convenience/group heal ability for me
    Full Time Shitposter
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Healer
    templars really should be more healers than dps or tanks because their litterally a healing class
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    I only have a magden atm, but the tank looks really interesting. I love tanking with each class, each one is a bit different =D.
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    I only have a magden atm, but the tank looks really interesting. I love tanking with each class, each one is a bit different =D.

I recommend tankplar. They have access to major mending, minor protection, major vitality like dks except their skills are alot cheaper. You also have a decent burst heal (not as good as gdb but can be cast on others to put stress off healer). Also prepare to become a lamp because you'll become a large ball of light once your fully buffed combine this with almalexia's lantern for rp reasons and darkness will literally not stand in your way anymore.
    Edited by LegendaryOaks on April 24, 2018 1:56PM
    Full Time Shitposter
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Damage

I recommend tankplar. They have access to major mending, minor protection, major vitality like dks except their skills are alot cheaper. You also have a decent burst heal (not as good as gdb but can be cast on others to put stress off healer). Also prepare to become a lamp because you'll become a large ball of light once your fully buffed combine this with almalexia's lantern for rp reasons and darkness will literally not stand in your way anymore.

Minor mending*
    Minor vitality*

The latter also depends on you not taking the magicka management tool that is channeled focus. Both are entirely viable, however.
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    Tank

Minor mending*
    Minor vitality*

The latter also depends on you not taking the magicka management tool that is channeled focus. Both are entirely viable, however.

Channeled focus isn't necessary if your running 3 mag regen glyphs

Edited by LegendaryOaks on April 24, 2018 2:38PM
    Full Time Shitposter
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Damage
    Damage Dealer + off-heals

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Damage
    Its amazing to me the results so far as most of the contributors to the forums seem to be damage magplars. I guess its because healers are generally effective and top of what they do (for now) that they would be top and not have to say much, then tank templars are pretty much dead on the PvP end of things, but you do not see a as much stamplar talk usually .

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    other...

run magplar and stamplar.

both are fun to play.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other: The annoying Vampire Heal/Tank
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Healer
    I used to really like Templar tank, but for a long time now other classes have unfortunately just outshined Templars at tanking, so Templar Healer is my current favorite, as far as something powerful and useful.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    Marginis wrote: »
    I used to really like Templar tank, but for a long time now other classes have unfortunately just outshined Templars at tanking, so Templar Healer is my current favorite, as far as something powerful and useful.

I have a dragonknight tank but I really hate dragonknights for tanking for some reason. I know tankplar is the bottomfeeder for tanking but I like it mainly for the theme and rp reasons
    Edited by LegendaryOaks on April 24, 2018 4:12PM
    Full Time Shitposter
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭

Noob question, but what is a hybrid?
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Healer
    Marginis wrote: »

I have a dragonknight tank but I really hate dragonknights for tanking for some reason. I know tankplar is the bottomfeeder for tanking but I like it mainly for the theme and to reasons

I have a Nightblade tank for much of the same reason (and I like Templar tanks for thematic reasons as well). Just sad that the meta tends to disregard themes and do whatever the hell it wants lol.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.