The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Struggling with the classes...what to do?

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, as mentioned in several other posts I have just returned after being gone after beta...Craglorn me thinks. Anyways, excited with the new stuffs and all and have 3 50's but want to re-immerse myself into the game with anew toon. Have a magden at 30, a stamsorc at 22 and magnb at 25 along with my DK, Sorc and Temp 50's. Problem I have finding is they are all pretty much a lot of fun but I do tend to gravitate towards the melee a bit, thus the stamsorc feels kinda cool. Then I think about about the warden and its new and different and wonder maybe that one.....decisions suck! lol...
So, while I don't want the community to pick for me (that never works really) I am keen as to what people play, the most, and why. What keeps you coming back to that class or just sticking with it? Again, I'm coming from a pve world really but if pvp'ers wanna pipe in that's cool as well. Just keen to see what people play and way, without a lame survey type format. Cheers all! :wink:

(Oh, and forum admin feel free to move this if wrong thread!)
Edited by Joxer61 on April 24, 2018 7:11AM
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Thanks for that but healing is one thing I don't do...in any MMO. Not sure why but yea.....dps now cuz I tanked for like 8 yrs in WOW and am over that. Pew-pew ftw!! ;)
  • Iziquiel
    Iziquiel
    ✭✭
    I’ve been having a similar issue having come back to the game from some time away and struggling to work out what to play.

Im going with my StamSorc for now, its got the melee playstyle, visually it looks good with Hurricane up, you have the choice of Bow and DW or 2H (what I’m currently running and enjoying), with Crit Surge and Dark Deal its got good solo survivability as well without definitely having to PvP to get Vigour which seems to be needed for Stamblades.

I have been playing a StamBlade as well and its a lot of fun with Ambush and some nice class melee abilities which StamSorc doesn’t have (relying on weapon skill abilities), but it does feel a bit less survivable. Maybe when I get Vigour I will change my mind on that. Also with the StamBlade I think you can go for a few different skill setups and change the playstyle, with the StamSorc I think there is only really 2, and that’s down to whether you go DW or 2H (someone please correct me if I’m wrong!)

• Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iziquiel wrote: »
    I’ve been having a similar issue having come back to the game from some time away and struggling to work out what to play.

Im going with my StamSorc for now, its got the melee playstyle, visually it looks good with Hurricane up, you have the choice of Bow and DW or 2H (what I’m currently running and enjoying), with Crit Surge and Dark Deal its got good solo survivability as well without definitely having to PvP to get Vigour which seems to be needed for Stamblades.

I have been playing a StamBlade as well and its a lot of fun with Ambush and some nice class melee abilities which StamSorc doesn’t have (relying on weapon skill abilities), but it does feel a bit less survivable. Maybe when I get Vigour I will change my mind on that. Also with the StamBlade I think you can go for a few different skill setups and change the playstyle, with the StamSorc I think there is only really 2, and that’s down to whether you go DW or 2H (someone please correct me if I’m wrong!)

ME TOO! Keep going back to the stamsorc for many of the same reasons, and its just fun! DK was my first 50/love but have since come around to the others. NB was fun but have always had a distaste for rogues....thanks WOW, sneaking little ***...so yea, stamsorc it just may be. ;)