The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

"Nice *insert class skill here*"

Kova
Kova
✭✭✭✭✭
As pvpers, we've probably recieved this tell or some iteration of it. Maybe it's phrased as, "can't win without that *class skill*" followed by salty insults, but the notion remains the same. They think that the only thing separating you from death and them an easy kill is that fetching OP *class skill*

And they're probably right.

A magsorc without shields will probably lose. If the stamdk can't leap, they probably won't last too long. Nightblades without cloak will get steamrolled, and Templars without burst heals flicker out like a birthday candle.

So, I wanted to make this thread all about how you would play if the devs took your most iconic, class defining survival tool away.

I know some players are currently living this dream, (prepare for the obligatory "stamdk have no identity" response) so if you're using a niche build that doesn't rely on class skills or ultimates, reply with your experiences.

If shields were removed, I would roll a pet sorc in full heavy and s/b, use overload for kills and pets for heals. Stack some cc Stam.

If streak was removed instead, I would dive into well fitted and use boundless storm with a 2h mainhand for forward momentum.
EP Sorc: Aydinn
AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
EP Stam Sorc: Kós
AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Petsorc doesn't really work without shields to keep the pet alive..

I guess I'd stack up on resto hots and use frost staff for blocking, resto ultimate for burst heal. Dunno if would need to switch to heavy armour or how to sustain it....
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    on a stamDK I would be just fine without take flight. Take flight being a special ult was back when it was undodgeable and dawnbreaker was not. At the moment I can switch to dawnbreaker and it performs practically the same, with a little bit higher cost.

That being said Its all about the dunk. The magical power of dunk. Dunk from above...

All jokes aside, it was battle roar what made stamDK so powerful. The nerf BR made sDk absolutely the weakest thing, so nerfing shieldstacking,cloak, or templar heals, would potentially make them also very weak too. You could still ''adapt'' on a nb without cloak, or a magsorc without shieldstacking, but honestly its not gonna be easy.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on April 22, 2018 10:37PM
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know some players are currently living this dream, (prepare for the obligatory "stamdk have no identity" response) so if you're using a niche build that doesn't rely on class skills or ultimates, reply with your experiences.

But did you know stam DK has no identity? :trollface:

I'd be hard pressed to find "that one ability that would completely change the fight", since I've played around with so many stam DK variations that I'm out of ideas at this point.

Fossilize <> Reverb bash
    Leap <> Dawnbreaker
    Corrosive armor <> Spell Wall
    Igneous shield <> ...? (Defensive posture probably)
    Claw <> Brawler (if on 2h) or Deadly cloak (if on DW)

Ultimately, if you have to use another ability, it takes very little adjustment to the overall build to make it work.

It's hard to pinpoint something specific when you have many pain points. If I am facing a heavy armor stamblade with Troll King and bleeds + defile as a stam DK (bonus points if he also has Eternal Hunt for sheer annoyance), it's not just one element that makes it difficult to deal with, so I'll go with the "it's not one ability, it's the entire build" option.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And there's counters to all those skills. People just wanna complain when they get killed or can't one-shot someone.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice spambush . Nice Wreckingblow spam . Nice healspam , Nice concealed weapon spam , Nice bird spam , Nice bash spam , Nice Talon spam , Nice shield spam , Nice snipe spam bowtatoe , Nice RD Spam noob , Nice Subassault Spam dork , Nice LA spam GitGud .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on April 22, 2018 11:22PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice spambush . Nice Wreckingblow spam . Nice healspam , Nice concealed weapon spam , Nice bird spam , Nice bash spam , Nice Talon spam , Nice shield spam , Nice snipe spam bowtatoe , Nice RD Spam noob , Nice Subassault Spam dork , Nice LA spam GitGud .

nerf light attacks :trollface:
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What Leap?
    My class ultimate is DBoS
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I've received hate tells for every skill I have ever used, even ones I haven't, and the Shieldbreaker hate tells are the best however. But that's my trolling set so I'm looking for it then lol.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I legit had someone once complain about Blockade of Ice and Winter’s Revenge on my Ice Mage Warden..... people will complain about everything.

Today I even had a *Mag DK* complain I was snaring/rooting him in a duel :lol:
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resto ultimate carries
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I legit had someone once complain about Blockade of Ice and Winter’s Revenge on my Ice Mage Warden..... people will complain about everything.

Today I even had a *Mag DK* complain I was snaring/rooting him in a duel :lol:

WELL YOU SEE YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO ALLOW A 6 SECOND COOLDOWN FOR ALL SNARES TO RESPECT OTHER CLASS CC's.....one of those people?

Had the same thing happen to me. Back when stam dks were stupid good I was dueling a tremorscales build and the guy had the teeth to complain that I kept encasing him and streaking out of range.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam builds conplaining about shieldstacking... actually seems to be more common than magicka builds doing so. Maybe because the latter have a clue what they're even talking about.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday at Stormhaven on PS4 i dueled a stamsorc who's been there all day showing off his dueling bleed.build. Came in on my bowbuild Argonian nightblade while my Q for BGs was up. Smoked the guy.

Biggest complaint followed by I'm trash was "you kept moving."

Sorry I didn't just stand there and take the beating!

Lol I was.floored.

Then after some more "I'm garbage talk" he asked for a rematch.

No rematches for people who die first fight and go straight to trash talk!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resto ult gotta get the most hate for abilities

Bit it's usually sets that get hate
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh boy it would sure suck to not use all of those amazing class skills that Stam Sorc gets.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Oh boy it would sure suck to not use all of those amazing class skills that Stam Sorc gets.

they don't have an......... oooooooooooh
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t receive whispers from other players (other than friends) at all. Must be doing something wrong.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never have this happen, but it's probably because I'm playing a stam DK. Feels bad.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they took away hurricane I’d probably just die all the time lol. Options would be pretty slim and would include being pigeon holed into a very small group of sets to get enough defense.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been called the worst templar ever for using mainly Sweeps as my dps, in a sentence like "Sweep Spammer". I immediately got interested since I was off the game for like a year and dont really know if there are new ways of dealing damage on a magicka templar, but the guy has not replied since, sigh... guys, how can a magicka templar deal damage besides spamming sweeps? Am i missing something?
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they would take Cloak away from StamBlade i would play StamDen instead :wink:
    Edited by Jierdanit on April 25, 2018 11:19AM
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    I've been called the worst templar ever for using mainly Sweeps as my dps, in a sentence like "Sweep Spammer". I immediately got interested since I was off the game for like a year and dont really know if there are new ways of dealing damage on a magicka templar, but the guy has not replied since, sigh... guys, how can a magicka templar deal damage besides spamming sweeps? Am i missing something?

There's a successful inferno staff build going on atm. It's not nearly as effective as sweeps and jabs, but it still stacks with purifying light.

2 skoria, master inferno, spell power cure, willpower.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My personal favorite was a NB who cloaked--repeatedly and to his death--while standing in my Sweeps cone.

"Nice jabs spam"
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal favorite was a NB who cloaked--repeatedly and to his death--while standing in my Sweeps cone.

"Nice jabs spam"

Which I always thought was funny cuz you are also using backlash and like reflective light... Jabs is just a part
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting called a makro user when I mount off trough pushing the sneak button while I'm hearing the snipe
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if i've ever gotten rage tells about class skills..... however, people lose their *** when i use a detect pot XD
    Invictus
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    I don't know if i've ever gotten rage tells about class skills..... however, people lose their *** when i use a detect pot XD

I use detect poisons ^^ People don't even notice it most of the times.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to get rage tells over my Magicka Warden's Cliff Racers being undodgeable. Apparently, quite a few stam players think that they should be able to dodge-roll-tank an infinite number of opponents. Since the several Mag Warden nerfs, the rage tells have basically gone away. Though I did get one mildly irritated whisper somewhat recently when running a frost setup once, since being rooted a lot gets annoying.

The nature of Battlegrounds doesn't usually lend itself to rage tells I don't guess, since respawns are fairly fast most of the time. I still got a fair few over Cliff Racers a while back, and oddly enough, none of those players had any suggestions for what I should use in that skill's place.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice stealth unstealth spam.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile