The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar Healer Magicka Build

KaptainKleos
KaptainKleos
Soul Shriven
I'm coming up on level 50 soon and have started to look at some builds for my healer, but I've found very mixed reports on everything to be quite honest. I'm not looking for a definite answer, i'm happy looking up and trying them out first, just wanted to get an idea before I hit 50 so I could start trying to get some material and trait gems for craftable stuff. Cheers in advance.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyhey
    First off, level 50 is only the start of everything. The level you want to reach is championlevel 160. before that thinking too much about crafting doesnt make sense, since cp 160 is the gear cap and not level 50. as soon as you hit level 50, you start gaining champion points by like normal levelling. Just keep going till then. As soon as you have reached cp 160, you should start doing the dungeon whitegoldtower. One of the best healer sets drop there called spellpowercure. You can farm that dungeon to get jewelry, weapons and gear. I highly recommend getting a heal and a lightning staff of that set, it helps being flexible later on. Then there are other sets you really should farm like wormcult (dropping in the vault of madness dungeon in think), also the set mending and infallible aether from the craglorn trials are very important. Another set would be jorvulds guidance, which is from one of the new dragon bones dungeons. Look out for armor pieces in divine for the body parts, but keep in mind that trait changing is possible (isnt „cheap“ tough). Actually those are the sets you will need the most. Crafted sets arent needed anymore for healers. But till you got all that stuff, i recommend crafting some seducer set in divines. This set is very easy to craft. You should craft it on the cp160 level (cp150 is also possible if you dont have that much materials). Just make sure that your staves are cp 160. but as said, first you need to reach cp 160 and until then just wear, what you pick up from magicka sets you find in dungeons and overland.
    Have fun and enjoy the game
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/the-snakeplar-healsthefeels-end-game-pve-healing/

https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/the-snakeplar-healsthefeels-end-game-pve-healing/

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/363420/healer-weapon-trait-power-vs-precise

Easy answer for upcoming patch, you can do spell power cure, guidance on back bar, and monster and arena staff of choice. This will allow you to be flexible and offensive defensive with buffs. This method also allows for creativity and room for growth.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.S Even though Templars have a lower uptime on concussion then sorcs, you can just use charged lighting staff with shock glyph instead of IA.

Worm loses evfectivness without 4 Magicka dps.

Mending is 10 meters from radius you are standing

Twlight remedy is good for random group who might not be using minor force, also extra healing makes you a god or handle burn phases easier. This can also be used in larger arenas to where it is hard reach people.

Stendar good for free cleanse.

Meritorious service good potentially for progressive runs and outwitting mechs.

Lamina song, light speaker good starter set.

Triminic, prayer shawl questionsblr pvp heal sets

Transmutation,combat physician good pvp heal set only.

Master architect, inventers guard good dungeon sets or for coordinated trials.
    Edited by Tasear on April 22, 2018 1:04PM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear

dont overdo it with end game builds. OP is new to the game and not even has reached level 50, so be patient ;)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi! I'd suggest:
    • Farm Spell Power Cure as soon as you can. We've had various threads here about navigating White-Gold Tower.
    • Basically play with one "DPS bar" and one "Healing bar".
    • The Healing bar would of course have a resto staff.
    • The DPS bar would have a destruction staff -- probably lightning, but fire might be an alternative.

On my DPS bar I usually put:
    • Elemental Drain. This is generally required of healers.
    • Luminous Shards. This is primarily to give resources, but it's also a decent damage skill.
    • Elemental Blockade. This does awesome damage, all considerations of Concussion/Off-Balance/etc. even aside.
    • Reflective Light. This does strong damage, gives a small group buff, and puts a little slow on the enemies.
    • Purifying Light. In a good group this is a strong damage skill and also gives a heal. In a weak group where I expect to do 40-50+ of the DPS I may replace it with Puncturing Sweeps.

On my healing bar I usually put 5 of:
    • Healing Ward
    • Breath of Life
    • Healing Springs
    • Combat Prayer
    • Mutagen/Rapid Regeneration
    • Channeled Focus
    • Repentance

Extended Ritual/Ritual of Retribution isn't needed for most content.

For ultimate skills I generally use Elemental Rage and Light's Champion. But if your team consists of high-parsing DPS studs who will never, ever stand in red or come close to dying, there's no choice for ultimate skill other than Aggressive Warhorn.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    @Tasear

dont overdo it with end game builds. OP is new to the game and not even has reached level 50, so be patient ;)

:lol: my bad, but who knows. I put the too long to read section. Guidance and spc are nice sets.
  • KaptainKleos
    KaptainKleos
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for all the advice, if it's best to wait to CP160 to get a proper set, that's cool. Another question, i've been just going for max magica armour at the minute, would something else be better, or should I just stick to max magicka at the moment.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    look out for armor pieces, which belong to a set with a lot of magicka oriented boni like max magicka, magicka regeneration or spelldamage. there or a lot of sets from dungeons and overland. best would be, when those items also have magicka enchants on it.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    35 to 38k is normal range for Max Magicka on a healer.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the advice, if it's best to wait to CP160 to get a proper set, that's cool. Another question, i've been just going for max magica armour at the minute, would something else be better, or should I just stick to max magicka at the moment.

Pick a minimum amount of health that you're happy with. To get there you probably will need EITHER to have one or two health enchantments on your armor OR use the health Mundus stone OR put a couple of attribute points into health.

Everything else should be in magicka.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what I like regarding magicka, health for my healplar: All attribute points and all enchantments into magicka. I like about 18.5k health and get it this way:

-Base health
    -Level 9 Undaunted 'mettle' passive and wearing 5 light / 1 med / 1 heavy armor.
    -Blue food that boosts health and magicka.
    -One additional 'boost' to health - I get this from a set bonus that adds health. If your armor does not provide a set health bonus, then I'd simply enchant one big piece of armor with +health.

Given how much healing (including self-healing) a healplar can do, you don't need healing from your potions - therefore, I'd run spell power potions to boost your spell power (+ heals and + damage). Recipe: Corn flower + Lady smock + Water hyacynth.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo