Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

"The Requested URL was Rejected"... Why?

Kalgert
Kalgert
✭✭✭✭✭
So I was meaning to Pre-Purchase the Summerset expansion, but for some reason when I try to log in with my account, it pauses for a few minutes, then gives me a white screen with text on the top left saying "URL Was Rejected".

Is the ESO website having problems at the moment? And if so, when will they be fixed, because I'd like to get on with my things, pretty please.

Edit: I should mention that when I try to load up the account page again after a minute, it loads up the next step of the process. I will keep you posted how it goes.
Edited by Kalgert on April 21, 2018 4:39PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s an error with ZOS’s site and its reaction to your browser’s cookies (the saved data kind). You can clear those and it’ll work, or you can open an incognito page and log in from there and it seems to work.

But honestly, after playing Summerset of the PTS, you’re much better of waiting for a sale. Content outside the main quest is rather lackluster and jewelry crafting will be much easier to engage in a month or two after launch (like with furniture crafting). The preorder bonuses are also going to be made available for direct purchase in the crown store so there’s no rush for those either, and Morrowind is going to be part of ESO+ which makes its presence as a preorder bonus rather redundant.

This is honestly the least attractive expac DLC I’ve ever seen, so, seriously, you’re way better off saving the money for when it’s on sale for $10 somewhere. The questlines are pretty good though, I’ll give it that. The dev team’s pretty lame but the writers are making the best of a cruddy situation.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    It’s an error with ZOS’s site and its reaction to your browser’s cookies (the saved data kind). You can clear those and it’ll work, or you can open an incognito page and log in from there and it seems to work.

But honestly, after playing Summerset of the PTS, you’re much better of waiting for a sale. Content outside the main quest is rather lackluster and jewelry crafting will be much easier to engage in a month or two after launch (like with furniture crafting). The preorder bonuses are also going to be made available for direct purchase in the crown store so there’s no rush for those either, and Morrowind is going to be part of ESO+ which makes its presence as a preorder bonus rather redundant.

This is honestly the least attractive expac DLC I’ve ever seen, so, seriously, you’re way better off saving the money for when it’s on sale for $10 somewhere. The questlines are pretty good though, I’ll give it that. The dev team’s pretty lame but the writers are making the best of a cruddy situation.

(Yep, unless crafting research is your thing)
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And even then, jewlery crafting requires x100 the materials as other lines (x10 to craft via “refined” trait mats, and x10 to upgrade it via “refined” upgrade mats)

You also are completely locked out of multiple research slots, despite Necks and Rings not sharing research slots. The current state of jewelrycrafting nodes is abysmal (i’ve found two over the course of about ten hours of testing). Not to mention, going by how Morrowind was handled, this feature will be part of the base game next year, and it’s only being locked out now to force min-maxers and crafters to purchase an otherwise bare DLC.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

Well... That is unsettling.

Well.. I already bought in to it. Which I guess should be considered as a "Booo" or whatever, but I guess I will contend with that thing.

If there's a game or something else that I enjoy, I will likely pay for it, but here is me hoping that it really isn't as terrible as doomsayers (For lack of a better word) are saying.