The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Cloudrest Trial Sets: Alternative Ideas

mondy00
mondy00
I've taken a stab at improving the new trial sets coming with Cloudrest. They drop from difficult content and they need to compete with some already great setups in the meta. Here's what I came up with.

1kbo8S7.png
This allows the new Light DPS set to compete with other minor slayer sets, provide Max Mag and Crit (instead of Max Mag and Spell damage), and provide a new niche for proccing elemental damage and status effects. It proccing per element would allow a player to build around utilizing all types. The perfected version would provide more elemental damage.

oyNiWNQ.png
A trial set offering more healing is pretty underwhelming, so I switched it up to make for a great pairing with the Master staff. For example, Healing Springs restores stamina to allies affected upon cast, and when it expires it bursts to restore allies with magicka.The perfected version would restore more magicka.

b4qs10i.png
In its current PTS state, this set does incredibly little damage. This change provides group utility and keeps the AOE potential. The proc involving crit RNG and proc chance RNG may be necessary just because the effect is so strong. The perfected version could provide more damage or a longer duration for the winds.

yUwIMtH.png
Again, the set in its current PTS state is underwhelming due to its limited utility. This change provides a unique support setup for tanks. The perfected version would provide an increased duration.

I also looked at Adept Rider because of how ridiculous it seems.

7kpinPD.png
This change makes it so that the winds kind of adopt the horses momentum upon dismounting. The winds blow forward, allowing for the area of Major Evasion and damage to travel through a chokepoint.

Thanks for reading.
  • CatastrophicSuccess
    Those are some interesting initial ideas, I essentially like the healing set idea. I think the trouble with changing a lot of these sets is that likely they've developed specific animations and I can''t imagine they would want to scrap or redevelop them.

That being said I really hope they make some solid changes on these sets as they are quite underwhelming and not particularly well focused on PvE for being apart of a trial.
    PC NA - CP 1000+

Options
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, in every mmo the latest and harder content should reward with appealing drops. These sets are garbage.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes...I and many healers don't like that set right now. It's not interesting and I can see no use in any scenario that I can give up a different buff set.For a trial set it needs to do more.
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olorime and Relequen ones are nicely done. I completely disagree on the other too though.

Those sets come from bosses and bring some flavour with them. Siroria is a DK. The set basically gives you an ability she uses against you during the fight. It's a fire ability. Changing damage to elemental makes no sense. It also makes no sense to only change one of the sets to Minor Slayer. Either we do it to both DD sets or we do it to none.

Change to Galanwe is too good. Compare this idea to Inventor's Guard or Master Architect. Major Aegis and Slayer are supposed to be hard to get buffs. Giving them for just blocking is not a good idea.

Options
  • mondy00
    mondy00
    Royaji wrote: »
    Olorime and Relequen ones are nicely done. I completely disagree on the other too though.

Those sets come from bosses and bring some flavour with them. Siroria is a DK. The set basically gives you an ability she uses against you during the fight. It's a fire ability. Changing damage to elemental makes no sense. It also makes no sense to only change one of the sets to Minor Slayer. Either we do it to both DD sets or we do it to none.

Change to Galanwe is too good. Compare this idea to Inventor's Guard or Master Architect. Major Aegis and Slayer are supposed to be hard to get buffs. Giving them for just blocking is not a good idea.

I wanted to add more potential to the set so I added the other elements, and the other fights involve the additional elements as well. I hear you though.

For Galanwe, keep in mind its a short buff that only procs on one ally. The other Major Slayer/Aegis sets proc on you and 2 other allies and for much longer and with an increased radius.
    Edited by mondy00 on April 19, 2018 11:24PM
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mondy00 wrote: »

I wanted to add more potential to the set so I added the other elements, and the other fights involve the additional elements as well. I hear you though.

For Galanwe, keep in mind its a short buff that only procs on one ally. The other Major Slayer/Aegis sets proc on you and 2 other allies and for much longer and with an increased radius.

Other elements come from other knights though. It's a bit detrimental to the idea of this trial. I think it's one of the sets that can be buffed with some number tweaking. Maybe more damage other longer time (PvP impilications).

3 seconds vs. 10 seconds? It's not that much smaller considering how easy it is to get it. This will basically be up all the time. And HoF sets require an ulti to activate so even NB and Wardens can't keep 100% uptime. Galanwe just needs stam recovery replaced with mag recovery. Maybe change healing taken for health/spell resistance. Having one set with perfect 2, 3, 4 bonuses for tanks can off-set a not so OP 5-piece.
    Options
  • mondy00
    mondy00
    mondy00 wrote: »

Other elements come from other knights though. It's a bit detrimental to the idea of this trial. I think it's one of the sets that can be buffed with some number tweaking. Maybe more damage other longer time (PvP impilications).

3 seconds vs. 10 seconds? It's not that much smaller considering how easy it is to get it. This will basically be up all the time. And HoF sets require an ulti to activate so even NB and Wardens can't keep 100% uptime. Galanwe just needs stam recovery replaced with mag recovery. Maybe change healing taken for health/spell resistance. Having one set with perfect 2, 3, 4 bonuses for tanks can off-set a not so OP 5-piece.

3 seconds on ONE ally for a proc you don't directly control (as well as 50/50 defensive/offensive), versus 10 seconds on THREE allies for a controlled proc. That's a huge separation.
    Options
  • Osubaker33
    Osubaker33
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea for Adept rider, tired of playing horse simulator in Cyrodiil.

Might just remove the max health bonus and make it

2. 2975 spell resist
    3. 2975 physical resist
    4. +25% mount stamina and + 25% mount speed. (get me there faster damnit)
    5. Keep as Zos had it.
    Options
  • Footfalls
    Footfalls
    ✭✭✭
    I like your suggestions, the trial sets are indeed underwhelming.
    Options
  • StoicSunbro
    StoicSunbro
    ✭✭✭
    I like these ideas. I don't understand the original design philosophy behind these sets.

In PVE, DPS don't usually wear non-monster proc sets. They don't crit. They don't scale with the player's skill because the cooldown means they provide a fixed amount of damage.

Usually support roles wear sets that help the entire group. The only popular support set that explicitly helps healing is Sanctuary, but that buffs every heal performed by any player in the group. So this too scales with group performance. These Cloudrest sets just add a flat and small amount of healing.
    Edited by StoicSunbro on April 20, 2018 12:09AM
    Options