The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Oriandra should be Altmer

AefionBloodclaw
AefionBloodclaw
✭✭✭✭
Call this fictional racist or whatever, but I think the Oriandra NPC should be Altmer. This is the Summerset chapter, so it just makes sense that the first NPC that players see should be an Altmer, not a Breton/Imperial.
'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or it shows us that the psijiic is a diverse group. the npcs in the cephora tower even say while they are made primarily of altmer they have other races too
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 19, 2018 4:19AM
    Options
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    or it shows us that the psijiic is a diverse group

Well yeah it is, but that can easily be shown elsewhere. Better to have the first NPC a player sees in the Summerset content is an Altmer.

Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call this fictional racist or whatever, but I think the Oriandra NPC should be Altmer. This is the Summerset chapter, so it just makes sense that the first NPC that players see should be an Altmer, not a Breton/Imperial.

The first character you interacted with in CWC was an Imperial. Not only that, but she was the second most important character in the entire CWC after Sotha Sil himself.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 19, 2018 4:22AM
    Options
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭

The first character you interacted with in CWC was an Imperial. Not only that, but she was the second most important character in the entire CWC after Sotha Sil himself.

Haven't played CWC yet, but yeah that doesn't really relate to Summerset. Besides, its the designers/writers who make this stuff up, so why not write it as Oriandra is an Altmer?

Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't played CWC yet, but yeah that doesn't really relate to Summerset. Besides, its the designers/writers who make this stuff up, so why not write it as Oriandra is an Altmer?

The point is that all these organizations are made up of diverse members. Some of the most famous Psijics have been non-Altmer (see Sotha Sil and Divayth Fyr).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 19, 2018 4:29AM
    Options
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭

The point is that all these organizations are made up of diverse members. Some of the most famous Psijics have been non-Altmer (see Sotha Sil and Divayth Fyr).

Yes, that isn't what I'm debating though... the racial diversity can be easily displayed in other areas of the game story, whereas the first NPC in the game you see for the Summerset Chapter should be an Altmer imo.

Options
  • Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭
    By that logic, the first NPC you meet in the main story, in Coldharbour, should be a daedra, rather than a Nord. Tamriel is a diverse place. I promise you no one is going to be confused by the fact that an NPC isn't of the region's primary race.

And repeating yourself isn't really "debating."
    Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
    Options
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ralamil wrote: »
    By that logic, the first NPC you meet in the main story, in Coldharbour, should be a daedra, rather than a Nord. Tamriel is a diverse place. I promise you no one is going to be confused by the fact that an NPC isn't of the region's primary race.

And repeating yourself isn't really "debating."

Ummm no your comment isn't relevant, Daedra are not playable races and the base game isn't focused on the homeland of the Daedra.

As for repeating myself, no one seems to respond to my point so it still stands as a valid argument.

Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have less Altmer, most of them are grating to the ears and generally boring to listen to. At least the Psijics have brains in their skulls.
    Options