The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.4 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

Something's Wrong with Summerset Map...

yourGene
yourGene
Soul Shriven
Hey everyone! Just noticed that something's actually wrong with Summerset map. Summerset Isle on Tamriel map has some sort of a new 'island', whereas Summerset map tells otherwise. Both map do not look equally in some sort of way. What do you say?

ks5m7sut3xbs.png
smbnzt8dh0pg.png
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're nitpicking... honestly.
    Options
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So your complaint is that there's a bit of water of the world map where there's land on the zone map?
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like on the big map, there is an island, and on the closer shot of the zone map, the island is still attached to the mainland so to speak. No idea why.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Global warming. Ice is melting. Ocean level rising. Ask Dutch people.
    Or maybe just the tide.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on April 18, 2018 8:52PM
    Options
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like on the big map, there is an island, and on the closer shot of the zone map, the island is still attached to the mainland so to speak. No idea why.

It's still attached on the zone map because it's still attached in the actual landscape (although there are shallow pools of water). The "error" is in the world map.
    Options
  • yourGene
    yourGene
    Soul Shriven
    BTW there’s also no Wasten Coraldale island on the world map
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's still attached on the zone map because it's still attached in the actual landscape (although there are shallow pools of water). The "error" is in the world map.

I haven't made it to that little spot on the map yet, I'm close though. I wasn't sure which was right and which was wrong. I more meant that I had no idea why they were not showing the same on both maps.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • personman_145
    personman_145
    ✭✭✭
    hmm plate tectonics and primitive map makers? At least that is what I'll tell myself to suspend disbelief hehe.
    Edited by personman_145 on April 18, 2018 9:09PM
    PC: i5 8600k, 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz RAM, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    Chars: Alathaar is a high elf vampire dps sorc | Andy Rink is a dark elf tank sword and board WW
    Options
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yourGene wrote: »
    BTW there’s also no Wasten Coraldale island on the world map

Looks that the world map only has places listed if they have a wayshrine.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
    Options
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World map was made in 2014, The Summerset zone map is new.

Also the world map having approx. landmasses is to be expected, the resolution of the map details don't need to be perfect on the world map.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
    Options
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    World map was made in 2014, The Summerset zone map is new.

Also the world map having approx. landmasses is to be expected, the resolution of the map details don't need to be perfect on the world map.

Your initial statement is incorrect. The world map has received updates for Wrothgar, Vvardenfell, and Summerset reflecting new zone geography.

Fully agree re: the world map not needing to be perfectly consistent.
    Options
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean i know this doesn't really apply but back in the day people made maps by walking the land. world maps of this kind are only approximates. one people considers swampland water and one does not. or one person has bad eyes and doesn't see the island in the distance while the other does.
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Original Map Maker was Drunk.

The One Who Corrected that was a Skooma Addict.

So, small transgressions are to be expected.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options