The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Easy mag Templar build?

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey does anyone know any easy Templar mag builds or sets (no trials)
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know any easy Templar mag builds or sets (no trials)
    For damage dealers
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ... Dead easy and fun

Start with heavy julianos and willpower swords and any set other set you want while you learn your playstyle

As you do collect the following

Transmutation and ap and gold to buy wizards riposte...

You want of each

Now if you can get a sweet monster set in there go for it use one that will help you ...

I switch between several one tanky, one ultimate regen and one burst damage depending on the mood I'm in to play

Fun and easy ... You will want all impen and reduce costs or regen

Enjoy
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Depends I the intended playstyle really.

For zerg/siege, a classcanon damage setup is absolutely fine and will probably yield the most AP and fun.

For small groups, slot some kind of survivability and sustain, such as Transmutation. Wizard's Riposte is always a good option too, but doesnt give much sustain. Combining the two is a pretty good idea, but doesn't give super high damage.

Shacklebreaker is a great set for any non-specialized build. Could run that for Julianus War Maiden for a pretty solid damage build.

Can compensate somewhat for the low sustain with glyphs, rune and a liberal use of potions.

Do you have access to monster-sets?
    Edited by Dudis on April 20, 2018 5:19PM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been meaning to try the innate axiom bloodthorn setup I run on my Magdk on my templar. It's very effective on dk. I feel the same would be true on templar.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Innate axiom wouldnt be a bad choice, but i would „not“ recommend bloothorn. If you dont weave, you will not get much sustain from it.

Fixed the statement.
    Edited by Checkmath on April 24, 2018 5:34AM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Innate axiom wouldnt be a bad choice, but i would recommend bloothorn. If you dont weave, you will not get much sustain from it.

Does it not proc from jabs?

Edit: Disregard. No it doesnt.
    Edited by usmguy1234 on April 20, 2018 11:39AM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Innate axiom wouldnt be a bad choice, but i would recommend bloothorn. If you dont weave, you will not get much sustain from it.

But it's not a cool set. Neither damage nor sustain. I suppose you don't call this proc a sustain, do you? It is also clumsy af on Templar, you should know it.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axiom is shocking on a Templar, mines sat in the bank ... I'm toying with bringing it out for my sorc or mageblade
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sry i forgot a „not“ in my earlier post. Bloodthorn is terrible on magplar, because you dont have much abilities to proc the resource return.
    Ashamray wrote: »

But it's not a cool set. Neither damage nor sustain. I suppose you don't call this proc a sustain, do you? It is also clumsy af on Templar, you should know it.

As said i corrected my earlier post. Yes it is clumsy, but i still call it a sustain, because in the right hands (those of a magdk for example) the set outshines even amberplasm. Bloodthorn gives you around 660 stamina and magicka all 5 seconds, even when not proccing on cooldown this mostly is still more than 200 magicka and stamina regen and can also restore stamina while blocking.
    Edited by Checkmath on April 24, 2018 5:35AM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah btw, the probably most easiest magplar build atm is a combination ofe the sets wizards riposte, overwhelming surge and skoria. The setup is so lazy, that it will give you mitigation and damage by really not doing much.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 Shackle + spinner's + 2 skoria (5H2L) seems pretty balanced to me. Might also switch out shackle for seducer and then use tristat food with mostly magicka enchants on gear, in stead of witchmothers brew with lots of prismatic enchants on gear.

I will be trying either of these setups next patch with destro/snb on my magplar. Both will give quite high max magicka, which I like on a templar because the skills are expensive and sustaining is a chore.
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking for easy templar build lmao
    Edited by a1i3nz on April 29, 2018 1:06AM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »
    Looking for easy templar build lmao
    5 overwhelming on body
    2 skoria (one heavy, one medium)
    Wizards riposte jewelry plus sword and shield
    Either lightning staff or dual wield wizards riposte, willpower or master inferno or lightning.
    Tristatfood and atro mundus

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, running riposte and pirate Skelton will make you tanky as hell. Throw in your favorite damage set and done.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk