The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Alchemy

Sawzallz
Sawzallz
✭✭✭
How do i level it up fast, my crafter has all skills 50 and alchemy is at 27, any tips?
  • ntheogenic
    ntheogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get some cheap alchemy ingredients from guild stores (e.g. blue entoloma and white cap) plus some solvents (potion or poison does not matter) for level 30, 40 and CP10.

Then set as many skill point into the first alchemy passive as you can and just craft the highest level potions or poisons with the cheap ingredients. Make sure you increase the first alchemy skill after reaching level 30 and 40 and continue crafting the highest possible level.

From 27 to 50 it should take about 200-300 crafts and about 20 minutes.
    GDBY
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue is getting the various levels of solvents.

Save the valuable flowers for use, and grind up the rest. So, this means keep Mountain Flower, Columbine, Bugloss, Namira's Rot, White Thistle, Dragonthorn for sure, others maybe too. However, Mushrooms are how I leveled Alchemy.

Key is to invest the skill points to better your solvents as soon as you can, and then make those higher level potions. In other words, it gets real slow leveling Alchemy through the 30's making L20 Potions. Tier 5 Solvents are about the most difficult to find, so keep that in mind. And, your last 3 Solvent levels come at Alchemy levels 47 to 50 or something like that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, you get big chunks of Inspiration learning new traits, so at some point in the leveling, make sure you learn them all. Maybe plan for this when your Alchemy is in the high 30's and 40's

See this:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/203575/the-most-efficent-way-alchemy-discovery-and-leveling/p1
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Second question does potions buff stack with skills, example crit surge and a potion?
    Edited by Sawzallz on April 18, 2018 5:31PM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Starting out i learn all traits of all ingredients as that gives you a good amount. Then i make invis pots and just keep increasing the level of solvent i use. Even 5-6 second invis pots are useful for me when i want to blitz through delves and public dungeons and get rid of aggro. So it doesnt go to waste.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    I got to 50 in 20 minutes,
    Any poison solvent, + fleshfly + scrib jelly + spider egg
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sawzallz wrote: »

Nice, I was going to share a video I have explaining how to get to 50 in under 20 minutes. It's mainly for the Passive purposes though.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second question does potions buff stack with skills, example crit surge and a potion?

For the most part, potions apply a named buff.Named buffs (major brutality, minor savagery, major prophesy, etc) can only be applied once...you can’t apply major brutality twice and get extra benefit.

So you want to think about your character before making potions for them. For example, lady smock and namiras rot offers major prophesy, increasing spell critical by 2191. Magic character can also get major prophesy by slotting magelight. If you use magelight, then having this as part of your potion is a waste.
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    Sawzallz wrote: »

^^This^^
    I usually respec first and put a few points into the skill to make it go faster--when finished it costs next to nothing to respec again the few points you put into Alchemy. You can make some gold back by selling what you made to a vendor especially if you put the points into making extra pots.

All my characters have 3 points in medicinal for the potion up-time:) Even if I don't actually use them for Alchemy Crafting.
    Edited by Willard on April 22, 2018 8:59PM
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For solvents, I would go for poison only (given you chose the perks for more produced potions/poisons), because it's easier to search for and you'll get more gold from selling them to vendors in total.

I Also suggest learning all the ingredient's effects, each gives you additional points in learning.
    Edited by Kelces on April 22, 2018 9:03PM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!