The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Just some Feedback/Suggestions for NB.

Silver_Strider
Silver_Strider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I aware of the Nightblade Feedback Thread but I also wanted to post some suggestions for skills that haven't been changed or alternatives for the ones that are being changed.

Regarding some of the changes NB will see, I have to say that I am on the side that does not like the nerf to Strife or Path of Darkness. While I do understand the reasoning to an extent, I do feel as though these changes are particularly hurtful to NB Tanks and Healers. For Healers, Funnel Health is a very important HoT to maintain at all times so with the cost increase, it's putting a much greater strain on them and even with the Malevolent Offering Change providing a "free" burst heal to our allies, it's still a fairly risky ability especially now that it doesn't appear to work on the caster anymore (hoping it's just a bug that gets fixed but haven't seen any official statement on it as of yet). This also hurts NB Tanks as it's effectively increasing the cost of one of their most important tools for self healing and Ultimate Regen, which is one of their few defining characteristics as a tank. Refreshing Path is also very important to both NB healers and Tanks as its one of our most important buff skills and provides NBs one of their very few group utilities with extra offhealing for themselves and the group that I feel that the Healing component of these skills should be left alone entirely. Nerfing the heal on this skills puts more strain on NB tanks and healers as they have to use alternative means to make up for the lose and coupled with the Strife Nerf puts much greater strains on both roles. If there must be a cost increase to Strife, could it be to a lower extend than the current suggested amount or could the healing component of Strife be improved from 29% to 33% and if the healing component of Refreshing Path must be nerfed, can the cost of Path be reduced slightly as well?

I would also like to make a suggestion on Debilitate. While the rework is interesting, I feel it still falls short as far as a DPS ability as Crippling Grasp is just infinitely superior. As such, I would like to suggest that Debilitate be changed into a Minor Lifesteal debuff on the target while the DoT is in placed. Not only will this fit in with the Siphoning Tree being the Healer Skill Line for the class, it also fits thematically with the class as a Siphon Healer as well as gives some much needed utility to NBs by altering a fairly underwhelming ability into something much more desirable for Healers to use. Continuing on with group utility, I would like to suggest Blur + Morphs to be reworked into a group buff, granting Minor or Major Evasion to party members (capped at 6). While the skill is currently fairly useful in its own right, NBs are still very lacking in group utility in comparison to most other classes. As such, reworking this ability and its morphs to provide either Minor or Major Evasion would help it be much more attractive an option for group play and help to fill in some more of the gap in group utility that NBs lack. I personally would prefer it to be Minor Evasion so as to try and limit its PvP interactions as passive dodge chance is fairly annoying as it there, it still has that potential whether it be Major or Minor Evasion as you can combine it with Shuffle and stack both but Major Evasion on 6 people also can be quite a challenge as well (perhaps alter the skill in PvP to reduce the cost of dodge rolling instead?). To conclude with the group utility suggestions, I would like Reaper's Mark to be altered to increase the damage the target takes in execute range instead of providing Major Berserk. While the Major Berserk has occasional usage, the skill still pales in comparison to Piercing Mark, which has a longer duration as well as its value in PvP against other NBs, so altering this ability to provide extra execute damage for the group would more than likely see this morph as a great addition to NB's PvE utility, plus it matches the name so well too. As for fear of NB DPS increasing as a result of Reaper's Mark, considering that it doesn't provide any substantial damage increase until 25% and that NBs would be hard pressed to drop any skill on their Hotbars to slot it without coming at a DPS loss in 1 way or another, I'm really not to sure whether or not a DPS NB would slot this whereas a Tank or Healer NB might be more inclined to do so.

Finally, I would like to suggest that Siphoning Strikes and morph be updated to provide a stronger heal/resource return on Heavy Attacks. Currently, it provides the same benefits regardless if you Light or Heavy attack, so it's weighed heavily in favor of Light Attacks as there are much quicker to get out. It would help with the sustain issues of NB tanks greatly as they have a much more difficult time getting in many light or heavy attacks in some end game instances that getting more resources back on Heavy Attacks would be a great help in that department.

TL;DR version:
Up the Healing component on Strife from 29% at Max Rank to 33%
Reduce the cost of Refreshing Path
Rework Debilitate to provide Minor Lifesteal
Rework Blur to Provide either Minor or Major Evasion to up to 6 party members
Rework Reaper's Mark to increase damage target takes for the group at execute phase (>25%) but lose the Major Berserk perk
Update Siphoning Strikes to provide more healing/resources on Heavy Attack.
Argonian forever