The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Was it really their intention to make Nightmother's Gaze completely useless??

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Cause anyone who knows anything about the game knows it is now. I really have no words for how they agreed to make one of the most used stamina sets into the one of the most useless sets in the game period. It just doesn't make sense, the tank will always be applying major fracture in any group and this the 5 pieace is basically non existent now. All the people who have their NMG set gold (which is one of those sets that are best golded since it applies to whole team) and so can just throw it in the trash.

I mean if they wanted to change it they could have without making sure it is completely useless.

Why ZOS Why???
Edited by Bigevilpeter on April 18, 2018 1:31PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?

Because it shakes up the meta and makes the trial groups change up their game. Something like this happens every major update.

Anyone remember when Tava's Blessing was a meta tank set? Yeah...

Not the first time ZOS has made a meta set useless and won't be the last, either.
    Options
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was a little odd that it was not already Major Fracture as most other buffs and debuffs had been normalized that way a while back. Plus, it’s still useful when soloing or when running 4-person dungeons with a tank that doesn’t use it.
    Edited by nathan_bri on April 18, 2018 1:40PM
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just doesn't make sense, the tank will always be applying major fracture in any group and this the 5 pieace is basically non existent now.

Is this the case? What if a group has no tank? Solo content? My main is and always has been Stamina Nightblade who just recently dropped NMG in favor of VO. I know how significant that nerf is.

But then again I always wondered why such an almost mandatory bonus is on such an easy to obtain set. It just didn't make any sense and limited options.

The new set doesn't fit its previous role, true, but at the same time it opens up new possibilities.
    Options
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do struggle with the ideology though. In one breathe they tell us to use team work and to ensure we synergise the group, in the next they take away set(s) that did that very thing. Meta - Shemeta, make up your minds. Either synergise or don't but this 2 steps forward 3 steps back get old.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps they plan on reworking (nerfing) puncture....so not everyone has it (and ice staff tanking).
    Options