The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Thoughts on Imbued Weapons 2s Duration

Avran_Sylt
Avran_Sylt
✭✭✭✭✭
Right now, this duration is in a weird place. (Melee)

With near perfect timing, it's possible to use Imbued Weapons, use another GCD skill, and then LA + GCD again, creating another form of burst damage by delaying the LA to be in your next weave.

However, as I said, it requires near perfect timing. It's damned near impossible to pull off consistently, moreso with any kind of latency.

I would either increase the duration to 2.2s, or decrease the duration to 1.8s

Such that it will open the door or close it on the possibility to use this skill as delayed burst.
Edited by Avran_Sylt on April 18, 2018 11:24AM
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly they should just remove the time limit and have it stay until consumed by a light attack. This would allow for it to be used much more comfortably in a rotation. As is it feels like you're in a rush to use it before it becomes a waste. If they actually want anybody to use this ability, this has to be addressed.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does it feel comfortable to use after say an Ambush? I would imagine you could nearly kill someone with just a light attack after an Ambush with Imbue Weapon. Im honestly pretty excited about it for my stamblade.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GreenSoup2HoT

In my testing I've been using it prior to Concealed Weapon, and you literally need to be spamming CW (button) and then immediately spamming LA (button) to even have a chance at it proccing on the LA after a GCD. Any error causes it to fail.

I can only assume that with the travel time of ambush, it would be impossible to pull off.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on April 18, 2018 12:37PM
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like it's designed to be a spammable, competing with Force Pulse/Sweeps/etc., not to be a component in your burst combo. In that role it performs pretty well.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @casparian

Oh, no doubt, but the current duration allows for it to have an edge case with perfect weaving.
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @casparian

Though the funny thing is, that the stam morph will actually make Snipe Ganking more effective.

Snipe + LA + Imbue will cause the LA (if it hasn't hit the target yet) to get empowered. Offering a little bit more burst than just Snipe + LA + Poison Injection.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @casparian

Though the funny thing is, that the stam morph will actually make Snipe Ganking more effective.

Snipe + LA + Imbue will cause the LA (if it hasn't hit the target yet) to get empowered. Offering a little bit more burst than just Snipe + LA + Poison Injection.

Just what the game needed! :p
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Just to be clear (I'm not downloading PTS this cycle): Imbue will affect a light attack that is en route to the target already?

So Dark Flare+destro light+imbue would give you an empowered and imbued light attack in the middle there?
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse

I haven't tested it myself, but I've heard that it does so. I'll have to double check though. BRB
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse

I haven't tested it myself, but I've heard that it does so. I'll have to double check though. BRB

Oh bebe.
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse

Yep, Totally Works
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse

Yep, Totally Works

Thanks for testing. This'll be fun.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse

Yep, Totally Works

Thanks for testing. This'll be fun.

I'm reflexively dodge rolling already. This is going to be an icky patch once people unlock the Psijic skill line.
    Options