The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZoS, make lights in houses only interactable to decorators.

The702Guy
The702Guy
✭✭✭
Why has this never been fixed? There is no need for visitors to have the ability to turn lights on and off in another persons house. Make this a decorator only permission please.
Edited by The702Guy on April 18, 2018 2:30AM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

Edited by Yakidafi on April 18, 2018 2:40AM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U4l7UTK.gif
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwZwkk7q25I

Switches are for turning the lights ON or OFF...

I don't want some stranger coming into my house and throwing light-switch raves...
    Edited by Sting864 on April 18, 2018 4:03AM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sting864 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwZwkk7q25I

Switches are for turning the lights ON or OFF...

I don't want some stranger coming into my house and throwing light-switch raves...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8qnGcLKTdI&list=RDQ8qnGcLKTdI
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like t turn off the lights, its funny
    I want spell crafting.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want spell crafting.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or better yet perma ban people who turn off my lights. I have about 200 lights.. Yes, perma ban them all.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS at least just put locks on the light switches and anyone who wants to switch it needs to pick the Lock first...the difficulty of the Lock depends on the upgradable quality of the Lock. At least this would slow down the perpetrators and give more chance of getting caught...maybe add some guards to the homes who can Also catch them. Turn a problem into a fun addition.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah another thread asking for a change that's been requested for over a year. I'm guessing it's beyond the capabilities of the developers, because they've been unable to accommodate. My house guest list is only 5 people because of trolls turning off 300+ lights. Would love to open it to all guildmates, but that's not happening. :neutral:
    PS4NA
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Ah another thread asking for a change that's been requested for over a year. I'm guessing it's beyond the capabilities of the developers, because they've been unable to accommodate. My house guest list is only 5 people because of trolls turning off 300+ lights. Would love to open it to all guildmates, but that's not happening. :neutral:

This^

Make this an option already
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the issue with people trying to help you be more energy efficient...
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »

This^

Make this an option already

I agree it would be a good option to have. I have my primary open to all my guilds, so far folks are really good about not messing with stuff.

If this happened I probably would pull access for all of them.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it. That will throw a stick into my trolling husbands fun :naughty:
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just make a master light switch, so the trolls can spend 45 minutes turning off 200 individual lights, and the owner can just toggle a switch and fix it in five seconds.

edit: no add-ons for console
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on April 18, 2018 2:56PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same. I have had to do the exact same thing and it kind of sucks. Sure, there is an addon, but what a pita going to find them all to work with the addon.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You are now banned from all my homes.
  • The702Guy
    The702Guy
    ✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    Or better yet perma ban people who turn off my lights. I have about 200 lights.. Yes, perma ban them all.

That’s the problem though is there is no way to find out who did it unless you can catch them. I run a guild and have a guildhouse and I’m not going to cut access for guildies because of some troll, ZoS just needs to make this fix. There is really no need for it to be a permission for everyone only for people who have decorator permissions.
    Edited by The702Guy on April 18, 2018 4:06PM
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devs! Please, increase brightness of placeable light sources, some of them are too dim. Ideally, allow players to change brightness manually. Please, forbid interactions with the light source for everyone except its owner. Thank you in advance.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to have a guildie who made pretty epic stunts for being able to even reach highest lights and turn them off. :D
    However I also agree that it would be great to modify permissions again and disable visitors being able to turn lights on/off.
    Less dark guild halls around. :)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's only finny the first time. After that it's malicious trolling that induces homicidal tendencies.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The702Guy wrote: »
    Why has this never been fixed? There is no need for visitors to have the ability to turn lights on and off in another persons house. Make this a decorator only permission please.

Sure there is a need. I need to see the difference. Okay maybe not a need but I like to flick some lights on and off when I visit a house. I always leave them like I find them though.

Would be nice though if once a guest leaves any lights they changed would go back to how they were.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • The702Guy
    The702Guy
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Sure there is a need. I need to see the difference. Okay maybe not a need but I like to flick some lights on and off when I visit a house. I always leave them like I find them though.

Would be nice though if once a guest leaves any lights they changed would go back to how they were.

I’m sorry but that’s not a need. You can get your own house and do that in it. And yeah maybe you put it back but there are a lot of people who don’t. I decorated the house the way I wanted it decorated and unless I give someone else permissions no one else has the need to alter it in anyway.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it lets me know people visited
  • Rain_Bat
    Rain_Bat
    I agree with having things interactable only to people with permissions, and maybe have it extended to things like skooma bubblers and censors. I'm pretty sure that whoever came through and turned off all my lights also extinguished my skooma bubblers. I have a number of Argonian censors that I leave off intentionally because i'm using them as bases for crystals and a master switch would mean that I'd have to go through to turn off all those censors manually. If we can't interact with lights and other burning things in places like inns then there's no reason for everyone to be able to interact with someone's lighting at their house.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tying lights and interactables to Decorator roles would make me happy. A guest book would be cool too, though, that visitors could sign and leave comments - mounted on a pedestal by the entrance to the home.
    PS4NA
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tying lights and interactables to Decorator roles would make me happy. A guest book would be cool too, though, that visitors could sign and leave comments - mounted on a pedestal by the entrance to the home.

I'd like to be able to tell who, if anyone, is in a house of mine at any given time. But, again, YES, please make it so that only I and those I designate as Decorators can turn my lights on/off!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

I’m sorry but that’s not a need. You can get your own house and do that in it. And yeah maybe you put it back but there are a lot of people who don’t. I decorated the house the way I wanted it decorated and unless I give someone else permissions no one else has the need to alter it in anyway.

You don't get to pick my needs. I do understand my need shouldn't inconvenience others though and that is why I suggested an alternative to just making the lights so I can't flick them on and off. When I (or some other @$$) leaves the home everything should just reset to how they were before we entered.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should be doable. LOTRO did it, visitors have to have permission to interact with objects. Has likely saved many friendships. xD