The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZoS, make lights in houses only interactable to decorators.

• M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NolaArch wrote: »
    dotme wrote: »
    Ah another thread asking for a change that's been requested for over a year. I'm guessing it's beyond the capabilities of the developers, because they've been unable to accommodate. My house guest list is only 5 people because of trolls turning off 300+ lights. Would love to open it to all guildmates, but that's not happening. :neutral:

Same. I have had to do the exact same thing and it kind of sucks. Sure, there is an addon, but what a pita going to find them all to work with the addon.

You don't have to, you can register lights and whatnot with the addon by typing in keywords like candle, lamp, torch, or whatever, and it will list them all for you.

You don't even need to tell it when you move an item.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to film a video for my showcase of Tel Galen, and some troll wasted me an hour or so by having turned off all my lights, my bathtub, my pool and disassembled everything that could be disassembled.

I like to keep all my homes open to guild members, but trolling like this is making me reconsider.

Now, if ZOS had simply bothered to either
    a) Give light turning access ONLY to decorators or
    b) Give us a master switch that turned everything in your house on/off

Then it wouldn't have been a problem at all.

Good job, ZOS. Housing is already a major PITA to deal with on so many levels, here is another one.
  • The702Guy
    The702Guy
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    The702Guy wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Why has this never been fixed? There is no need for visitors to have the ability to turn lights on and off in another persons house. Make this a decorator only permission please.

Sure there is a need. I need to see the difference. Okay maybe not a need but I like to flick some lights on and off when I visit a house. I always leave them like I find them though.

Would be nice though if once a guest leaves any lights they changed would go back to how they were.

I’m sorry but that’s not a need. You can get your own house and do that in it. And yeah maybe you put it back but there are a lot of people who don’t. I decorated the house the way I wanted it decorated and unless I give someone else permissions no one else has the need to alter it in anyway.

You don't get to pick my needs. I do understand my need shouldn't inconvenience others though and that is why I suggested an alternative to just making the lights so I can't flick them on and off. When I (or some other @$$) leaves the home everything should just reset to how they were before we entered.
    Bottom line if you have a “need” to turn off lights get your own house and have at it.
  • The702Guy
    The702Guy
    ✭✭✭
    Bump, would really like ZoS to continue to see this thread and make the fix
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump, would really like ZoS to continue to see this thread and make the fix

They do tend to be frustratingly silent on threads that have to do with us asking for features to prevent griefing, don't they? I guess it feels extra frustrating because people are getting away with doing things on purpose to ruin our play time and we don't know if it will ever be addressed. It would be so reassuring to even get a "we're looking at this".
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My solution: Put all lighting over a kill pit a la minecraft. You know, far enough a visitor can't flip the switches, but close enough they think they can.

If resetting lights is too hard for ZoS, they could surely code it so that 5% of the gold owned by anyone falling into the kill pit automatically goes to the guild, unless it's a guild officer, then to my newest charity, Housaholics Nonanonymous.
  • deadred92
    deadred92
    Ok maybe this is just me but if I'm going into someone else's house, I feel rude messing with their stuff. I know it's a game but my momma always taught me that you leave a place exactly the way you found it. I want to actually be invited back so I only touch what I'm allowed to touch. I can't believe there is that many people who mess with other peoples lights in their own homes!
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE DO THIS. I have 200+ lights in my house and somebody turned ALL of them off. If theres no decorator permission, They shouldnt be able to turn my lights off!
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This, plus a day/night toggle for houses so you can decide what time of day it is. They've already said the latter would be easy to do on a livestream.... months ago. But it never gets done. There's an add-on that makes it easy to turn all your lights back on at once... so we already KNOW this is an easy fix as well. They just haven't bothered to do it. It'd be nice if they'd take 10 minutes out of their day to do something that would VASTLY improve player experience with very little effort on their part.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We probably need a poll on this, are there are two very different solutions: an option to lock the state, and a master switch to reset, (and other, just in case).
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add me to the list for this request. I have some lights that are placed so you have to be positioned very specifically to toggle them, and some that are layered on top of others for a cool effect (which makes it annoying sometimes to get the combination you desire without flipping the wrong light by mistake).

Light trolls don't care about a nice look. Light trolls have more than enough time to find and toggle every ****ing light in the house. I care, I don't, and I don't think it's the biggest thing to ask that there is either a global light switch or a lock specifically for lights. I mean, I could just lock everyone else out of my house, or make it so no one can use ANYTHING, but that isn't really ideal for a guildhall.

Also I'm on console so this needs to be something that ZOS does - addons won't help. Get on this guys.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Master light switch please!

Edited by NordSwordnBoard on May 9, 2018 3:22PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • The702Guy
    The702Guy
    ✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    Add me to the list for this request. I have some lights that are placed so you have to be positioned very specifically to toggle them, and some that are layered on top of others for a cool effect (which makes it annoying sometimes to get the combination you desire without flipping the wrong light by mistake).

Light trolls don't care about a nice look. Light trolls have more than enough time to find and toggle every ****ing light in the house. I care, I don't, and I don't think it's the biggest thing to ask that there is either a global light switch or a lock specifically for lights. I mean, I could just lock everyone else out of my house, or make it so no one can use ANYTHING, but that isn't really ideal for a guildhall.

Also I'm on console so this needs to be something that ZOS does - addons won't help. Get on this guys.

I am also on console, I can’t imagine that this kind of fix would be hard to do. Some sort of reply from ZoS would be nice, even if it is as simple as “we’ll look at this” or “this will come in a future update.” I just feel like with things like griefing it’s hard to get a reply...