The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Giant Clams

csa5376
csa5376
Soul Shriven
So, I ran around the coast of Summerset for about an hour this afternoon finding only 6 Giant Clams. Out of the 6 that I found, only 1 contained the Clam Gall. The spawn rate on the Clams and the drop rate on the Gall is pretty abysmal.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I gave up after 2 hours of riding around Summerset coast & finding a grand total of 2 Clam Gall & one Pearl.

The clams are extremely hard to notice amongst the rock & corals and there's far too few of them.

Has anyone figured out what traits they have?
    Options
  • csa5376
    csa5376
    Soul Shriven
    So I’ve picked up over 20 as of right now and gotten 1 clam gall. I can farm Kuta faster.
    Options
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    this island doesn't have enough giant clams. No one will be able to use the new reagents
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or do a lot of aspects seem to be incredibly grindy if you go by the early reports?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Faylis
    Faylis
    ✭✭✭
    l3alls wrote: »
    this island doesn't have enough giant clams. No one will be able to use the new reagents

Not picking on you directly but these statements always make me shake my head. Stating that the abundance of nodes is light is valuable, adding that "no one will be able to use the new reagents " is nothing short of dramatic and not even close to a valuable statement.

Edited by Faylis on April 18, 2018 5:08PM
    Options
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/407623/giant-clams-and-new-alchemy-ingredients

Liofa opened a thread about this earlier, the traits for the new ingredients have been posted there as well (only one trait still missing)
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
    Options