The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Zos, ENOUGH is ENOUGH, Summerset tutorial and missing skillpoint

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
z96c9s4u55v8.png
wemi5s4wbdlq.png
Tested in both morrowind beta and summerset beta... Both summerset created characters and morrowind created characters can do their tutorial quest for an extra skillpoint and do then do the coldharbour tutorial for another skillpoint yet existing characters are shafted by not having that extra skillpoint from either the morrowind or the summerset tutorial. Existing characters SHOULD be able to do "The Mind Trap" summerset tutorial as not only does it flows perfectly to the Introduction of summerset main quests and introduction of the psijiic order, but we should also have access to its skillpoint. I paid just as much money as the people who started with summerset so I SHOULD be able to access the tutorial quest and its skillpoint.
Edited by Aliyavana on April 17, 2018 8:05PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoilers: In the tutorial for the summerset expansion we have mephala trap us in a "mind trap" which is a prison in our own mind. The psijiic Oriandra helps us escape it and as a result we learn about the psijiics involvement in summerset and just down the road is the start of the summerset main quest with razumdar. I tested on both an existing character and a summerset character and the existing character cannot access the tutorial and the skillpoint and the dialogue isn't any different for the existing and summerset character for meeting the psjiic in the next quest, "The queen's decree".

Please allow "The mind trap" tutorial to be done by existing characters. Have us take a ship to mainland summerset and then on our way there we are trapped in our mind and it seems mephala wants us to not meddle in her affairs. We the vestige, who stopped molag bal, stopped clavicus vile in morrowind, stopped nocturnal in cwc would have been noticed by mephala and so should be trapped in a mind trap in an attempt to stop our interference in summerset.
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 17, 2018 8:01PM
    Options
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you have already collected all other 391 skill points, in which case it sucks that you can't get that one missing skill point you need to complete your character. This is a serious problem. :)

pvw6345.jpg
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
    Options
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    lol? this again? STOP CRYING!

It is a legit request, I could need that skillpoint on my main.
    Options
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This can easily be fixed by just forcing all existing characters to go through the new quest.

I'm getting the strangest déjà vu, though. Didn't we ask for this during the Morrowind PTS?
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    I assume you have already collected all other 391 skill points, in which case it sucks that you can't get that one missing skill point you need to complete your character. This is a serious problem. :)

pvw6345.jpg

you guys are missing the point completely, as a completionist I have 357 skillpoints and 20 unused, I want every skillpoint in the game for my playstyle. And this is a beta, we are supposed to stop bugs from making it to live and implement requests to make the final product nice. Morrowind's missing skillpoint made it into live and now I am trying to prevent summerset's skillpoint from being made into live in this state
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This can easily be fixed by just forcing all existing characters to go through the new quest.

I'm getting the strangest déjà vu, though. Didn't we ask for this during the Morrowind PTS?

yes, and nothing was done and now the same mistake might happen again
    Options
  • Faylis
    Faylis
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Ley wrote: »

pvw6345.jpg

you guys are missing the point completely, as a completionist I have 357 skillpoints and 20 unused, I want every skillpoint in the game for my playstyle. And this is a beta, we are supposed to stop bugs from making it to live and implement requests to make the final product nice. Morrowind's missing skillpoint made it into live and now I am trying to prevent summerset's skillpoint from being made into live in this state

Not trying to be argumentative, but your assumption is that this in a bug. Has it ever been stated that is was anything other then intentional?
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please we tried to prevent this from happening during morrowind and its missable skillpoint made it into live, and now we are giving you feedback to help prevent this from occurring again. Please force players to start summerset by doing "The mind trap" tutorial as it literally only takes 5 minutes. Its literally the perfect introduction to the psijiic order and to summerset.
    Options
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

Fair point of view. I consider myself somewhat of a completionist but I must confess this is not really a concern for me personally.

As a side note, was this "Zos, ENOUGH is ENOUGH" really necessary?
    Edited by Ley on April 17, 2018 8:10PM
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
    Options
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Since a similar thread already exists, we have decided to close this one down. Thank you for your understanding, and please feel free to continue this discussion here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.