The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Summerset specials for high elves?

Cuwen
Cuwen
✭✭✭
Think the high elves will get anything special when Summerset is released? The high elves have kinda gotten jipped so far. We only have 1 house in Auridon, we hardly have any outfits available specifically for high elves, and I font find many craftable items for high elves. Think that was put off, knowing they were going to eventually doing Summerset? Think we'll get special items just for high elves?
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope there's at least some special dialogue for High Elves.

If my Altmer gets the same snooty "what are you doing sullying our perfect homeland with your presence, tourist?" cold shoulder as a Nord or an Orc it's going to seriously break immersion.
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The red head step children of ESO are High Elves, Templars and Aldmeri Dominion.

I could write an essay comparing conveniences, mats bloated delves next door to capital/start town, node drops, capture towns' placements in Cyrodiil, terrain advantages, not the least siege placement around keeps, and many other things to DC and especially EP. But neither I nor anyone else (or devs) GAF so... :D
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Options
  • Cuwen
    Cuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    The red head step children of ESO are High Elves, Templars and Aldmeri Dominion.

I could write an essay comparing conveniences, mats bloated delves next door to capital/start town, node drops, capture towns' placements in Cyrodiil, terrain advantages, not the least siege placement around keeps, and many other things to DC and especially EP. But neither I nor anyone else (or devs) GAF so... :D

Yes!! They're treated just the same as other races in the regular Elder Scrolls games, but I have felt like Zen hates high elves and only included them because Bethesda required them to. lol. But now that they're developing an entire expansion for the high elves, I'm hoping that means we'll get much-needed improvements and additions for the elves. There AT LEAST better be a couple houses we can buy in Summerset, and some that aren't mansion-sized and too expensive like the single house in Auridon.
    Options
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doubtful. The dark elves in Vvardenfell never figured out I was one too.
    Options
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    At least (I hope) we won't be greeted as :" you n'wah".
    Options
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been disappointed with NPCs not recognizing players of the same race. Morrowind is a really great example of this. Not sure why I was called and outsider with my new dark elf warden.

Another issue I have is all of the responses that require you to play dumb and ask what something is or is not. I would think a dark elf speaking to Vivec would not have to ask who he is or who the living God's are.

Based on the last chapter I doubt this was an improvement that was added into the game. If it was added, I would think it would have been touted in advertisements as this would be a massive addition/change to the game IMO.

I am just going to continue to use my own imagination as I have been and pretend the dialogue is occurring differently for my character of the same race.

XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    Options
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I have been disappointed with NPCs not recognizing players of the same race. Morrowind is a really great example of this. Not sure why I was called and outsider with my new dark elf warden.

Because dunmers are racist, even against another dunmer. Damn you dunmers. You destroyed the race dunmer.
    Options
  • Cuwen
    Cuwen
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why Zenimax dislikes the high elves specifically. I mean, their dislike is clear since they ignore them when it comes to housing, crafting items, costumes, specials in the crown stores....
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kodrac wrote: »

Dunmer in Vvardenfell don't consider you to be "one of them" unless you were born in Vvardenfell, Outlander.

Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

Dunmer in Vvardenfell don't consider you to be "one of them" unless you were born in Vvardenfell, Outlander.
    The game doesn't tell us where our characters were born. Why would it automatically assume it wasn't Vvardenfell? It's a pretty strange experience as a new player to be immediately met with hostility from your own people. At least in the original Morrowind the Nerevarine was always an outsider as per the prophecy, but here there's no such reason.

Also, I doubt the Altmer have the same problem with members of their own race.
    Edited by Rosveen on April 20, 2018 2:28PM
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somehow all NPC's know that I am the Vestige but they can't tell if I'm an Altmer or maybe an Argonian just by looking at me?

... ZOS logic :trollface:
    Edited by red_emu on April 20, 2018 2:47PM
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    double post

Edited by red_emu on April 20, 2018 2:47PM
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Somehow all NPC's know that I am the Vestige but they can't tell if I'm an Altmer or maybe an Argonian just by looking at me?

Captain Rana could tell and even was surprised if you asked her about your own race.
    Options
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you did Orsinium as an orc, you got special dialogues in some of the quests. hope they do the same in summerset =)
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
    Options
  • InstantNoise
    InstantNoise
    Soul Shriven
    I was only referenced once as a dunmer in Morrowind and that happened on a sidequest, a house dunmer wanted to stake claim with the ashlanders
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    red_emu wrote: »

Captain Rana could tell and even was surprised if you asked her about your own race.

I always thought that dialog was funny.

A Nord asking about Nords.....Clever....for a Nord.

:)

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can put your worries at rest... at least in 2 instances playing as Altmer gave me way more deferencial dialogue than playing as an Argonian.
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    JKorr wrote: »

The game doesn't tell us where our characters were born. Why would it automatically assume it wasn't Vvardenfell? It's a pretty strange experience as a new player to be immediately met with hostility from your own people. At least in the original Morrowind the Nerevarine was always an outsider as per the prophecy, but here there's no such reason.

Also, I doubt the Altmer have the same problem with members of their own race.

Your dunmer clearly isn't a member of House Hlaalu, Redoran, or Telvanni. Or Dres, or Indoril. There aren't so many individuals that they aren't known to one another. You don't belong. :shrug:
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only nord dlc was a duegeon. Lucky you elves have the exploration area and a trail. And I’m talking morriwind as well.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
    Options
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, you can explain your dunmer being outsider because he is houseless. Maybe the same can be exolained about a “kinless” altmer?
    Options
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get some 'special' Blade of Woes in your backs. ;)
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuwen wrote: »
    Think the high elves will get anything special when Summerset is released?

They will have the opportunity to realize their manifest destiny as the true lords of Alinor, and become griffin bait.
    Options
  • lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    i think that high elves shuld also get costumes like the sixth house or even in crown store and more you know items and adornments based on high elf culture.
    Options
  • lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    also im not really impressed with armor styles in med or heavy coz they still look like robes, something like court of bedlam would be more suited as heavy armor.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope there's at least some special dialogue for High Elves.

If my Altmer gets the same snooty "what are you doing sullying our perfect homeland with your presence, tourist?" cold shoulder as a Nord or an Orc it's going to seriously break immersion.

They'll just assume you're originally from the backwater of Auridon. :p
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I expect the Altmer of Summerset will always assume you are an outsider, regardless of race, in the same way as the Dunmer of Vvardenfell assumed everyone was a n'wah regardless of race.

PC EU
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cuwen wrote: »
    Think the high elves will get anything special when Summerset is released? The high elves have kinda gotten jipped so far. We only have 1 house in Auridon, we hardly have any outfits available specifically for high elves, and I font find many craftable items for high elves. Think that was put off, knowing they were going to eventually doing Summerset? Think we'll get special items just for high elves?

This is inaccurate. Black Vine Villa is a nice little home along with Cliffshade. I will admit that Cliffshade is a bit too small for what they are offering but that is another issue altogether. There is also the Mara's Kiss and Barbed Hook. Granted these are tiny. I realize that you consider only Matthiisen Manor as legitimate because it is the only large house. All of that being said I've been to PTS and I think the 3 homes they offered are absolutely beautiful and I'm looking forward to them. The furniture that is coming out with Summerset is likewise fantastic. I think jewelry crafting also brings a lot of nice material that we'll be able to add.

Many races have things to complain about regarding Housing. Nords for instance have Hakkvild which I will grant is beautiful on the outside is far too limited on its interior for the price tag. In my view there are many homes in the game which deserve some touch ups and reconsideration. Hakkvild's rotunda is one of those locations. Cliffshade is likewise far too narrow and tiny for its price tag. I have off and on considered doing a write up on the homes I feel either have some major mistakes in the artwork or have problems with regard to cost/value ratios. The other big problem in housing which is unrelated but important is that most homes need more furnishing spots. As a subscriber you can't for instance make St. Delyn manor look like the load screen image. Clearly the artists imagination didn't match the reality of the game. I think they should consider giving us some artistic freedom and opening up the amount of things we can place in a home to a greater extent.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer in Mournhold speaking to my Bosmer character.

"What you never seen a wood elf before?"
    Options
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    The lore is already written for Altmer player characters to be considered an outsider from Summerset NPC's. There was literally no point in leaving your "paradise" of a home, so leaving Summerset in the first place was akin to a death sentence. Now you have the presence of an infectious mainland commoner about you
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
    Options