The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Wardens, lingering combat, and doors

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if anyone else has brought this up yet, but I like to talk about Wardens and the issue of the lingering combat where after combat has ended, you can still be in combat for anywhere between 10 seconds to up to a minute, preventing you from interacting with with objects like treasure chests, resource nodes, and doors. For the most part it's a minor annoyance when it comes to resource nodes and treasure chests, since most of them are out in the overland where you're mostly solo anyway.

Doors on the other hand, primarily within Group Dungeons like Wayrest Sewers, Tempest Island, and Blackheart Haven to name a few can be an issue for a Warden with the lingering combat problem. It's especially annoying when you're the Tank or Healer holding up the rest of the group. Right after killing whatever trash pack or boss can keep you in combat preventing you from interacting with the door to the next area forcing the rest of your party to wait on you.

A couple ideas I like to be implemented if the lingering combat issue with Wardens cannot be resolved.
1. A grace period if you haven't taken damage within 5-10 seconds while still in combat, allow the player to interact with doors at least within Delves, Public Dungeons, and Group Dungeons.
2. If a party member is able to open the door, allow the Warden (or anyone else for that matter) to be able to step through as well without having to interact with the Object.

This would be so helpful at improving the QoL playing a Warden, I do like the class as a Tank and Healer, I would enjoy them even more if this problem could be attended to so grouping with them doesn't become an issue when trying to go through dungeons with doors and being blocked out because of some indirect mechanics.