The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Second year in a row of campaigning for STAMPLAR BUFFS PLEASE

templesus
templesus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Welp I cannot say I wasn't in this exact same spot last year...when the Morrowind patch notes for pts dropped there was not a single thing in there for stamplar no matter how bad of shape we were in, and ZOS yall followed suit this year. We have HISTORICALLY had the worst sustain in the game, and it continues to go ignored, meanwhile STAM DK who has arguably THE BEST gets a sustain BUFF? I am absolutely appalled..and all I really ask for is some type of sustain buff to be given to stamplar as well. Its tiresome to say that our sustain has only seen nerfs since repentance was nerfed two patches in a row last year, and our major mending was stripped away resulting in having to spend even more stamina healing...I know that my post last year shed light on several stamplar issues and resulted in buffs so im hoping the same will be done this year as well..
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now Sunderflame will give the same debuffs as Power of the Light, diminishing even more Stamplar role.

I really wish they made it so you didn't need to COMPETE with other StamPlars and Templar Tanks in group content.

It is the ONLY class where having more than ONE in a group effectively decreases the effectiveness of both.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah; we got nothing. Magplar got a tiny bit to make up for loss of major mending finally in increased healing from sweeps, but stamplar still where it was to go along with the repentance fiasco and the extra cost on extended ritual was more taxing on us than magplar.
  • Wraithlyn
    Wraithlyn
    ✭✭
    I'm honestly at a loss for words at the extreme lack of changes for stamplar. I really doubt that anything will change as not enough people even complain about the lack of changes, since only a handfull actually voice their concerns.
    Plus, with the changes to sunderflame, I really don't see a reason to even bring a stamplar into vet trials content anymore. Slap sunderflame on a DK or Nightblade and you can do the same job and pull higher dps than a stamplar ever could in a PvE setting.

I'm all for class balance, but this is anything but, this is the murder of a playstyle and I am severely disappointed in the devs for letting these changes make it onto the pts in their current state.
    PC - EU CP:1700
    [AD] Wraithlin Trueblade - Stamina Templar DPS
    [AD] Elenaril Quick-Arrow - Stamina Nightblade DPS
    [DC] Varen Igniverum - Stamina Dragonknight Tank
    [EP] Evelynn Star-Walker - Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    [AD] Eowyn Mist-Bringer - Magicka Nightblade DPS
    [AD] Tarvus Ondynal - Stamina Warden DPS
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mag and Stam templar only will get nerfed by ZOS. Don't hold your breath for any positive changes. I hope that I can return to being a hybrid in pvp at least on my templar, otherwise it's going to join my DK in the bin. I've actually had enough of those two classes...

Oh who am I kidding? Templar and DK for life!!
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Major Mending while standing inside of my rune, please. That's all I want.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

I want the rune to travel with me.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »

I want the rune to travel with me.

I agree..standing in the rune is next to impossible in any real fight. It usually means a recast or not having the buff on...I honestly don't bother dealing with recasting rune over and over, so I simply save a slot and put Chudan on for PvP. Coincidentally, I do the same on DK, but for different reasons (volatile armor getting you eclipse damage sometimes, turning on wizard's riposte, turning on 7th legion, night terror, etc. - volatile armor has an unintended drawback they should look into fixing).
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stamplar is fine, you complain about sustain but you just slap on BP and dubious and bam eZ 1.8k stam recov on any race. Plus repentance, free stam health on dead bodies. Burning light got buff too in the PTS so we'll hit even harder, stamplar is fine.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    stamplar is fine, you complain about sustain but you just slap on BP and dubious and bam eZ 1.8k stam recov on any race. Plus repentance, free stam health on dead bodies. Burning light got buff too in the PTS so we'll hit even harder, stamplar is fine.

So it makes sense that we have to run around with 1.8k recovery while stam dk only has to run around with 1.5k? You realize thats the exact opposite of balance, correct?
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk man i dont have sustain problems on my imperial stamplar with 2H / S&B
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk man i dont have sustain problems on my imperial stamplar with 2H / S&B

....youre completely missing the point. Stamplar has no class based methods of sustain, thats the problem here.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS nerfs mNB sustain but buffs mDK and sDK sustain cuz logic
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    templesus wrote: »

So it makes sense that we have to run around with 1.8k recovery while stam dk only has to run around with 1.5k? You realize thats the exact opposite of balance, correct?

Stamdk sustain isn't as good as you think. Stamnb, stamsorc, Stamwarden are much better.
    But yeah stamplar sustain is just disgustingly bad but we have to be careful because Stamplar is actually really good but has things which need to be buffed without making the class too strong.

Templar has so many useless passives there is surely space for some sustain buffs here