The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Summerset Set Discussion and Replacement Proposals

MaximusDecimus
MaximusDecimus
✭✭✭
At first glance most of the sets dropping are going to be worthless because the current sets are just better.

Adept Rider-I get it you really want flavor sets in the game. Cool, I guess.

Sload’s Semblance-I actually really like this one. Really useful in PvP to have a DOT that is non-mitigatable (If that is a word).

Nocturnal’s Favor-This set is worthless on anything but a tank so what do you do? STAM RECOVERY. Just stop putting stam recovery on tanking sets please.

Wisdom of Vanus-Why? We already get major mending from landing a heavy attack with a resto staff. Sure it gives us hella uptime on major mending but do I care in trials where I need to run sets to buff my group?

Gryphon’s Ferocity-Cool idea but I think slightly off the mark. Really cool to use in PvP where it can be difficult to get minor force. In PvE though most stam builds already run trap, which gives us the same buff.

Grace of Gloom- I love this set because it might bring back Tava's favor but I think the uptime needs a buff. 33% is just a little too low, maybe 8 seconds would a better uptime.

Mantle of Siroria-If this set places a ground AOE then ticks 1 second later its useless in PvP. Its too situational for me to choose it over something more versatile. Could be pretty nasty on a magDK in PvE but other sets will outperform this most likely. Also this set's effectiveness depends on the AOE size as well. Like it its 8 or 10m then I could get behind this.

Vestment of Olorime- This just stacks healing on top of my healing springs. It seems mildly unnecessary unless the AOE is like again 10-12m in which case I gain utility by equipping it.

Arms of Relequen-I love this set. Could be used to break up zergs effectively in PvP. Utterly worthless in PvE though, other sets simply outperform it.

Aegis of Galanwe-Another great set marred by what you ask? STAM RECOVERY. PLEASE STOP. The heal might need a buff depending on how it scales on PTS.

Overall the sets all follow the same problem. The lack identity of use unless they were made for PvP. Adept rider is for people who want to have fun. Sload's is for PvP. Nocturnal's 5 piece is for tanking but gives me a useless stam recovery bonus. Wisdom of Vanus just gives me a buff I already have. Ferocity would be good in PvE if it gave an additional weapon damage buff during that uptime as well (like the 200 from domihaus). Grace of Gloom doesn't have a high enough uptime to be woth dropping other sets. Mantle has the telegraph problem in PvP and procs sets never fare well in PvE. Olormie is just extra healing, which is never needed consider most healers run buff sets for our DPS children. Relequen has an identity but again is PvP. Galanwae the final set on the list again gives me a useless stam recovery bonus.

The sets need some work ZOS. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades unfortunately. I really hope you change some of these bonus before launch so that I want to try every set instead of toss them in the trash like I do with most sets nowadays.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Arms of Relequen has a cooldown. Doesn't state it, but I would assume so.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adept Rider-trash, but funny trash. I'm okay with funny/interesting trash. And I'll laugh every single time I see someone try to "rider bomb."

Sload’s Semblance-potentially absurd. Oblivion damage is a real nasty thing.

Nocturnal’s Favor-I think the idea here is to increase medium armor survivability in PvP (a free hot to all shuffle users). The numbers aren't super exciting though.

Wisdom of Vanus-not a fan

Gryphon’s Ferocity-Definitely a PvP set, though minor force is becoming more available via the acceleration skill.

Grace of Gloom- Seems strong in PvP, especially if the 5piece works with damage shields up.

Mantle of Siroria-Not very exciting in most contexts, not a fan of delayed, ground placed DoTs.

Vestment of Olorime- kind of useful as a backbar set on a templar? Adds a stronger HoT to your ritual or

Arms of Relequen-This will excite someone, but it doesn't do much for me. It adds the type of AoE damage that doesn't help you get through the zerg's springs-stack, and doesn't add enough damage to really add burst in smaller fights.

Aegis of Galanwe-Randomly healing one ally every 2 seconds for 1.6k? Not feeling it.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub