The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Warden Class Changes

Hutch679
Hutch679
✭✭✭✭✭
Thanks for the nerfs while every other class gets a buff.
  • CatastrophicSuccess
    They only nerfed the stam warden's utility in PvP. It'll be challanging to improve the classes PvE dps without increase its burst potential in PvP. Hopefully we'll see more changes as the PTS progresses.

Unfortunately this may won't be for a couple weeks since this first week is focused on their new player experience and psijic order leveling.
    Edited by CatastrophicSuccess on April 16, 2018 6:36PM
    PC NA - CP 1000+

Options
  • vendeatha
    vendeatha
    ✭✭✭
    oh jeez so Stam Warden is a getting a beating!? :(
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was more in reference to mag warden
    Options
  • CatastrophicSuccess
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Was more in reference to mag warden

What I said also applies to mag warden. Although I would like to see the mag warden developed in particular.
    PC NA - CP 1000+

Options
  • ThorinWolfgang
    ThorinWolfgang
    ✭✭✭
    LoL!
    Trial-period of warden has gone.
    You may lvl a new rollerblade to fell ok in the next patch.
    GG.
    Options
  • Spurius_Lucilius
    Spurius_Lucilius
    ✭✭✭
    Mag warden need more adjustments (or to put it more directly, BUFF), those adjustments in the patch notes are not enough. Getting rid of the Deep Fissure Stun is a lazy move. It nerfs PvP Mag Warden and doesn't help PVE Mag Warden damage output.
    PC NA Casual/PVP
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Warden, specifically mag Warden gained even more ult gain. 10 every 4 seconds, and an additional 3 with HoT.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vendeatha wrote: »
    oh jeez so Stam Warden is a getting a beating!? :(

It's not. Magwarden lost his only stun btw
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Warden, specifically mag Warden gained even more ult gain. 10 every 4 seconds, and an additional 3 with HoT.

The moprh that gives 10 ulti doesn't heal the warden. In pvp thus is useless

The other morph is a good change, but for using that skill you still need someone alive near you.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh and their reason Blows:

In the same vein that snare abilities should either be short and powerful or long and weak, abilities should be low damage and CC, or high damage and no CC.

Yet NB keeps fear (long CC and very strong) Incap (high damage + CC) and DK keeps Leap (high damage + CC)

Then they take the stun away completely and give this as the reason.... Ugh
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka warden still useless in PvE. Thanks ZOS! Really great job balancing this class!

Nerf them into the ground in PvP and don't buff them in PvE!!! Amazing!!!
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 16, 2018 7:15PM
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the same vein that snare abilities should either be short and powerful or long and weak, abilities should be low damage and CC, or high damage and no CC.

Yet NB keeps fear (long CC and very strong) Incap (high damage + CC) and DK keeps Leap (high damage + CC)

Not to mention that:

- The skill has several downsides alrdy that justify it having high damage + cc
    - Is a key skill for a Warden's offense AND defense

If there's any way to gut a class, this is prob it
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag warden need more adjustments (or to put it more directly, BUFF), those adjustments in the patch notes are not enough. Getting rid of the Deep Fissure Stun is a lazy move. It nerfs PvP Mag Warden and doesn't help PVE Mag Warden damage output.

I've lost hope. ZOS just doesn't care. They got our money when they sold us the class with Morrowind. Why fix it now? We already got suckered into buying it. It's been 12 months of magicka warden being the worst class in the game without a SINGLE meaningful buff.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 16, 2018 7:13PM
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've lost hope. ZOS just doesn't care. They got our money when they sold us the class with Morrowind. Why fix it now? We already got suckered into buying it. It's been 12 months of magicka warden being the worst class in the game without a SINGLE meaningful buff.

Yeah now adding to the base game for free. Slap in the face to their fan base that paid for morrowind. Mag warden in pvp is very lackluster. You have to stack max magicka or you cannot shield and survive. They have no clue what mag wardens are supposed to be atm. A class with 0 cc is pretty much worthless in pvp. Not to mention the change made to deep fissure hardly buffs pve damage as that debuff won't stack with elemental drain. I just don't really get where they are going with the mag warden. But stamina warden can dizzyswing, sub assault, dawnbreaker combo all day. Hmmmmm.... where's the warden community representative?
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah now adding to the base game for free. Slap in the face to their fan base that paid for morrowind. Mag warden in pvp is very lackluster. You have to stack max magicka or you cannot shield and survive. They have no clue what mag wardens are supposed to be atm. A class with 0 cc is pretty much worthless in pvp. Not to mention the change made to deep fissure hardly buffs pve damage as that debuff won't stack with elemental drain. I just don't really get where they are going with the mag warden. But stamina warden can dizzyswing, sub assault, dawnbreaker combo all day. Hmmmmm.... where's the warden community representative?

Pathetic damage
    Delayed damage
    No CC

This has to be some sick joke by Wrobel. It's the only possible explanation for making such a useless class AND charging people money for it.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 16, 2018 7:28PM
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pathetic damage
    Delayed damage
    No CC

This has to be some sick joke by Wrobel. It's the only possible explanation for making such a useless class AND charging people money for it.

Pretty crappy changes man. I kind of expected it. It's been nothing but nerfs for mag warden, yet stamina warden indirectly receives buffs. You thought stam wardens were strong before? Wait til that two hander counts as 2 set pieces....
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been through this every PTS cycle since Morrowind.
    They don't want Wardens to deal DPS. That's just what it comes down to.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget Dizzying Swing! High damage with a CC attached.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They only nerfed the stam warden's utility in PvP. It'll be challanging to improve the classes PvE dps without increase its burst potential in PvP. Hopefully we'll see more changes as the PTS progresses.

Unfortunately this may won't be for a couple weeks since this first week is focused on their new player experience and psijic order leveling.
    Ground based DoT is PvE so they could buff it while nerfing burst.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    We've been through this every PTS cycle since Morrowind.
    They don't want Wardens to deal DPS. That's just what it comes down to.

They need to make this *** clear up front when selling a class to people. It's false advertising otherwise.
    Options
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel's forced stam meta has reached meme level. What did we expect?
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
    Options
  • stileanima
    stileanima
    ✭✭✭✭
    First round of Mag Warden DPS testing:

unknown.png

Damage is looking alright I'd say lol. Granted it's still only the first PTS cycle and 3rd day of testing, so who knows where we will be by the end.
    Platform: PC/NA
    Guild: Calamity
    Role: Healer/Damage Dealer

YouTube | Twitch
    Options
  • Kreshja
    Kreshja
    ✭✭✭
    stileanima wrote: »

unknown.png

Damage is looking alright I'd say lol. Granted it's still only the first PTS cycle and 3rd day of testing, so who knows where we will be by the end.

Damage majorly from Light Attack, that every class can do? Still don’t see why bring a Warden DPS to PVE groups. Don’t find it interesting to play when light attack does the most.
    Options
  • Ludof
    Ludof
    ✭✭✭
    Keep on nerfing it!
    Good job!
    [EP-EU]
    [Cloud Chasers]
    Ludof - Dragonknight EP
    Ludo-Fly-High - Warden DC
    Irenilde Bantrel - Templar EP
    Edd Bastian - Sorcerer EP
    Lvdof - Templar EP
    Nadia Brown - Templar EP
    Ludof Shadowblade -Nightblade EP
    Lùdof- Templar DC
    Options
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Adding to that, wardens were nerfed every major update (3 times I think, with some buffs that were in no comparison with the nerfs)...
    unknown.png

With the parse consisting of only 2 Warden skills and bear ulti? Negate bear add some other ulti, 47k - 6k + 3k = ~44k dps, and we get two meaningful warden skills. This is just... pitiful (Edit: ok, missed the swarm)
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on April 18, 2018 7:49PM
    Options
  • stileanima
    stileanima
    ✭✭✭✭

Adding to that, wardens were nerfed every major update (3 times I think, with some buffs that were in no comparison with the nerfs)...
    unknown.png

With the parse consisting of only 2 Warden skills and bear ulti? Negate bear add some other ulti, 47k - 6k + 3k = ~44k dps, and we get two meaningful warden skills. This is just... pitiful (Edit: ok, missed the swarm)

Why would you remove the Eternal Guardian from the equation? On any boss fight where the ultimate doesn't die or otherwise attract dangerous mechanics, you'd use it for sure. Off the top of my head, the only fights where the Eternal Guardian as an ultimate would completely fail (ie, die or kill others) would be:

vAA
    The Mage - HOWEVER, with a well-coordinated group and no additional melee pets, you CAN successfully use the Eternal Guardian without attracting Chain Lightning to the point that it is deadly for any teammates. (I really hope the combat team makes it so that pets do not attract mechanics like this.)

vSO
    The Serpent - The ultimate will die to the Serpent's World Shaper mechanic. While I have found that you CAN control it so that it follows you from the AOE and does not get hit by it, unfortunately, this results in a massive DPS loss as the ultimate is sitting passively at your side for a good chunk of the fight. (Again, I really hope the combat team makes it so that the ultimate does not die to mechanics like this.)

vAS
    The bear attracts Storm the Heavens and if it is mobile when the mechanic is active, it can easily run over and kill your teammates. To work around this, I have tried to leave it sitting on the main boss, but it will eventually die in Llothis' ground AOE, or to Llothis' Defiled Blast. (Combat team please! lol)

In all other boss fights, you can and in my opinion should use the Eternal Guardian; however, there are moments in all of these fights where it CAN die, in some instances quite easily, if there are no heals on it, or it can otherwise be stunned, knocked back, etc. My hope is that for PvE encounters, this ultimate can be made much sturdier so that the Mag Warden can use it with success in ALL fights. Right now, if it dies even once, it results in a huge DPS loss as your character becomes stuck in the resummoning animation which you may wind up having to cancel in order to perform another mechanic properly. A prime example of this that I have experienced is in vMoL during the first boss fight: usually, the bear will die some time just before or just after shield phase. At this point I normally get immediately thrown into the resummoning animation, and sometimes will then be targeted by a pillar and need to block cancel the animation so I don't get knocked back/potentially killed. I then need to spend at least another 2.5 seconds resummoning it, IF nothing else happens during that time that takes priority, in which case I might need to spend even more time attempting to reactivate it.

All that being said, again, I would not discount the Eternal Guardian as a part of the Mag Warden's kit at all. I see a lot of posts around the forums saying things along the lines of "you would never use the Eternal Guardian in any trial, it's just for dummy cheese" which, in my opinion, is very silly and untrue.

Use it on boss fights where you can-- there are many where it is possible to do so. For trash pulls, one option is to use Destro Ult in combination with Deep Fissure. With that combo, and even just with Deep Fissure and ground dots + spammable alone, you will see the Mag Warden dealing some MASSIVE AOE damage.
    Edited by stileanima on April 19, 2018 6:51AM

YouTube | Twitch
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

unknown.png

Why would you remove the Eternal Guardian from the equation? On any boss fight where the ultimate doesn't die or otherwise attract dangerous mechanics, you'd use it for sure. Off the top of my head, the only fights where the Eternal Guardian as an ultimate would completely fail (ie, die or kill others) would be:

vAA
    The Mage - HOWEVER, with a well-coordinated group and no additional melee pets, you CAN successfully use the Eternal Guardian without attracting Chain Lightning to the point that it is deadly for any teammates. (I really hope the combat team makes it so that pets do not attract mechanics like this.)

vSO
    The Serpent - The ultimate will die to the Serpent's World Shaper mechanic. While I have found that you CAN control it so that it follows you from the AOE and does not get hit by it, unfortunately, this results in a massive DPS loss as the ultimate is sitting passively at your side for a good chunk of the fight. (Again, I really hope the combat team makes it so that the ultimate does not die to mechanics like this.)

vAS
    The bear attracts Storm the Heavens and if it is mobile when the mechanic is active, it can easily run over and kill your teammates. To work around this, I have tried to leave it sitting on the main boss, but it will eventually die in Llothis' ground AOE, or to Llothis poison cleave. (Combat team please! lol)

In all other boss fights, you can and in my opinion should use the Eternal Guardian; however, there are moments in all of these fights where it CAN die, in some instances quite easily, if there are no heals on it, or it can otherwise be stunned, knocked back, etc. My hope is that for PvE encounters, this ultimate can be made much sturdier so that the Mag Warden can use it with success in ALL fights. Right now, if it dies even once, it results in a huge DPS loss as your character becomes stuck in the resummoning animation which you may wind up having to cancel in order to perform another mechanic properly. A prime example of this that I have experienced is in vMoL during the first boss fight: usually, the bear will die some time just before or just after shield phase. At this point I normally get immediately thrown into the resummoning animation, and sometimes will then be targeted by a pillar and need to block cancel the animation so I don't get knocked back/potentially killed. I then need to spend at least another 2.5 seconds resummoning it, IF nothing else happens during that time that takes priority, in which case I might need to spend even more time attempting to reactivate it.

All that being said, again, I would not discount the Eternal Guardian as a part of the Mag Warden's kit at all. I see a lot of posts around the forums saying things along the lines of "you would never use the Eternal Guardian in any trial, it's just for dummy cheese" which, in my opinion, is very silly and untrue.

Use it on boss fights where you can-- there are many where it is possible to do so. For trash pulls, one option is to use Destro Ult in combination with Deep Fissure. With that combo, and even just with Deep Fissure and ground dots + spammable alone, you will see the Mag Warden dealing some MASSIVE AOE damage.

It's a single target skill. Why wouldn't you bring a stamina warden, or any stamina class, instead? The whole point of magicka DPS is to maximize AOE damage.

One fix I've been suggesting since day 1 is to make it a single bar ability. That way, magicka warden would still have access to destro ult, while not losing the DPS of the bear (which it desperately needs in order to stay within range of the other classes).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 19, 2018 6:49AM
    Options
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

unknown.png

vAA

vSO

vAS
    The bear attracts Storm the Heavens and if it is mobile when the mechanic is active, it can easily run over and kill your teammates. To work around this, I have tried to leave it sitting on the main boss, but it will eventually die in Llothis' ground AOE, or to Llothis poison cleave. (Combat team please! lol)

It's a single target skill. Why wouldn't you bring a stamina warden, or any stamina class, instead? The whole point of magicka DPS is to maximize AOE damage.

One fix I've been suggesting since day 1 is to make it a single bar ability. That way, magicka warden would still have access to destro ult, while not losing the DPS of the bear (which it desperately needs in order to stay within range of the other classes).

While i agree with both of you that the bear can be taken into trials (tho out performed in a lot of cases). I dont want to have to use the bear to get comparable numbers to other classes.
    PS NA
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main
    Options
  • stileanima
    stileanima
    ✭✭✭✭

unknown.png

vAA

vSO

vAS

I use Destro Ult + Deep Fissure in trash fights, and for boss fights, I use Eternal Guardian. I cannot think of any trial boss fight where a Magicka Warden would NEED to slot a Destro Ult, unless the Eternal Guardian would just die or kill other people, which IMO is a whole other issue in and of itself lol.

Magicka Wardens DO provide incredible AOE damage for trash fights (Deep Fissure is really, really strong for AOE).

I do still think that Mag Warden PvE DPS could use some TLC, but again, they don't NEED to use Destro Ult for bosses in trials.

YouTube | Twitch
    Options
  • stileanima
    stileanima
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

unknown.png

vAA

vSO

vAS

While i agree with both of you that the bear can be taken into trials (tho out performed in a lot of cases). I dont want to have to use the bear to get comparable numbers to other classes.

Yeah I'm on the same page here. It'd be nice for the Mag Warden to be able to pull comparable numbers both with and without Eternal Guardian.

YouTube | Twitch
    Options