The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for new Achievements

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new Achievements. For those of you specializing in crafting, we’d love some feedback specifically on the Grand Master Crafting achievement! Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Was the criteria for completing the new achievements clear?
  • Did you find that any achievements were disproportionally time-consuming?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completing the "Grand Master Crafter" meta-achievement requires mastery of all tradeskills, including Jewelry Crafting, and will grant you the long-sought-after title, "Grand Master Crafter" as well as a new Outfit Style for one-handed weapons, the Skyforge Smith Hammer.

Ahem? What about the staff/bow/2H wielding Grand Master Crafters?
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completing the "Grand Master Crafter" meta-achievement requires mastery of all tradeskills, including Jewelry Crafting, and will grant you the long-sought-after title, "Grand Master Crafter" as well as a new Outfit Style for one-handed weapons, the Skyforge Smith Hammer.

Ahem? What about the staff/bow/2H wielding Grand Master Crafters?

I wouldn't stress about that, while the hammer outfit is "nice", it's nothing special really, nothing I can ever see myself be using.

The new jewelrycrafting colours, however, look promising - one gold and one silver. And the new titles, "Style Master" and "Grand Master Crafter" are certainly great, the community has been asking for these for a long time, so thanks for that.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The master crafters title achievement is too easy, please include the 10k harvested achievement and have all traits on all items as a requirement
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    The master crafters title achievement is too easy, please include the 10k harvested achievement and have all traits on all items as a requirement

It's not too easy, you need 50 in all crafting skills, jewelrycrafting included.

Harvesting has nothing to do with being a master crafter. However, having all traits researched on all items would be a nice addition. It will lock out many people from the title, but hey, you're already locking out the vast majority of your playerbase from the trial titles and skins too, so like one of your devs said in the last ESO live episode - "git gud".

I support all traits researched on all items, jewelry included, for the Grand Master title.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad to see crafting achievements with titles and other rewards!

My suggestion for these is to unlock some other rewards, such as access to unique styled crafting stations, costume(s), or even a crafter's apprentice NPC that would sell style stones.

Did I forget to mention a forge? Please add a forge blueprint. In Bethnik "even forges have forges" :)
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This^
    Or add more titles.
    Once I level Jewelry on all 15 characters everyone will have this title
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I finished the writ grind on a template to get the master craftsman. You may wish to update all the webpages to reflect that it is not "Grand Master Crafter"
    I like the skyforge hammers, but am a little disappointed there aren't 2H versions, at least for battle axes, as that would make sense.
    lztZc8G.jpg
    As for feedback: a character that hasn't done any writs before will have a hard time figuring out what "unsurpassed crafter" is from just the text.
    Edited by WIZZARD2K on April 18, 2018 5:46AM
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great... I have 15 master crafters. Doesnt make sence at all, as when people are looking for "Master Crafter" they need someone with all-9-trait not some twink you dumped your gear for decon to.
    Rawr
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    commdt wrote: »
    Great... I have 15 master crafters. Doesnt make sence at all, as when people are looking for "Master Crafter" they need someone with all-9-trait not some twink you dumped your gear for decon to.

The achievement requires 50 fully learned styles, which you won't have just from deconning gear. If you took the time to fully learn 50 styles, you probably know the traits too.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WIZZARD2K wrote: »

The achievement requires 50 fully learned styles, which you won't have just from deconning gear. If you took the time to fully learn 50 styles, you probably know the traits too.

Incorrect. 50 styles grants you the "Style Master" title. Master Crafter is skillrank 50 in all 7 crafting skills. Though as I said, I wouldn't be opposed to adding the requirement of all traits researched on all items as well.

Edited by Carbonised on April 18, 2018 12:49PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add a reward for doing both the arteaum and summerset angler achievements
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add a reward for doing both the arteaum and summerset angler achievements

As opposed to doing Vvardenfell angler, CWC angler, Gold Coast angler, Hew's angler or Wrothgar angler? ;)

Fishing is always something tacked on at the final minute. At least with Wrothgar they bothered to make a purple fish for the lulz.

We need a real fishing update for that minigame to feel any kind of fulfilling.
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    WIZZARD2K wrote: »

Incorrect. 50 styles grants you the "Style Master" title. Master Crafter is skillrank 50 in all 7 crafting skills. Though as I said, I wouldn't be opposed to adding the requirement of all traits researched on all items as well.

Two different things... The 50 in all 7 doesn't grant a title, only a dye. The new "Master Craftsman" title is only after you've completed a bunch of associated new achievements, INCLUDING Style Master. Otherwise, I'd have it on more than 1 char on PTS (my main that character copied does not have 50 styles mastered, so I had to test the achievement with a template).
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are correct. There's been some confusion (I blame @Aliyavana ), and I only got a quick look at the new achievements myself since I'm on a template character, EU.

This is the achievement:
    BapXkoo.jpg

ZOS, why can't you include details such as this in the PTS patch notes .. Anyway, as we can see, it requires 50 styles learned, all traits researched at least once, 100 master crafting writs done, and a bunch of other minor achievements. I think that's plenty enough grind for this achievement.

Also, as we can see it's only "Master Craftsman" not "Grand Master Craftsman" as the patch notes and even this post falsely claims.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - considering this massive effort of trait research, leveling crafting skills and motif knowledge, can we at least slap a "Grand" onto that title to truly make it worthwhile? ;)
    Edited by Carbonised on April 18, 2018 3:00PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add an achievement for learning all possible traits for all gear instead of one trait once and add that to the master crafters achievement requirement
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add a purple fish for arteaum
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Striken7
    Striken7
    ✭✭✭
    “Bucking the Matriarchy” and "Keel Hauler" achievement icons missing (assuming it's not supposed to be a question mark).
    Edited by Striken7 on April 22, 2018 9:59PM
  • Striken7
    Striken7
    ✭✭✭
    The number of quests required for Summerset Grand Adventurer is pretty low; seems like it should be at least 38 instead of 33.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina, the PTS patch notes say that the new title is "Grand Master Crafter" - even this very thread states "For those of you specializing in crafting, we’d love some feedback specifically on the Grand Master Crafting achievement!"

The actual title on the PTS is "Master Craftsman".

It might be nitpicking, but could we upgrade the actual title to "Grand Master Craftsman"?

Considering that it requires you to complete 100 master crafting writs, learn 50 motifs and participate in the grind of jewelrycrafting, I don't think it's much to ask that a "grand" is slapped onto that title, please :p

Edited by Carbonised on May 15, 2018 12:39PM