The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Battlegrounds

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Battlegrounds and the recent updates to the system. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you try the new daily Battleground finder?
    • If so, did you feel the reward you received was adequate? What reward did you get?
  • Did you get any Outfit Style pages, and did you understand how to use them?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend making a new weekly quest to play about 10-20 games of a certain game mode with a massive ap payout if your going to let people que directly into any they want. Make a que Incentive that appears occasionally that offers additional ap and rewards for playing game modes that are less popular like ctf and chaosball. Currently you'll have a huge concentration of players queuing for deathmatch and even in live servers we have pugs and even some premades playing objective games like it's deathmatch. Please just do something so the ques can be more healthy for non deathmatch game modes.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaosballs if you pick up and die at the same time will stay on a player and not damage them on respawn. They can then respawn and then stay inside their spawnpoint unreachable and not even worry about dieing but please add a mechanic that will reset the chaos ball if it detects you havnt taken damage in 10 seconds. Many games have been exploited with this trick

Also in the future try adding 3 motifs based off the pit daemons, storm lords, and fire drakes and have bg gear drop in divine prosecution gear as well as ordinator gear as there's a new bg camp in alinor
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 21, 2018 12:38AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's frustrating.

I thought I preferred death match, its actually quite dull. Doing grab bag meant I played them all and got Into them all.

Will be annoying if DM queue is stacked and others are dead so I agree. Boost the random daily rewards I think.

I happy about the pre made match finding, extra goodies, etc etc and base game to grow numbers.

And that remaining noCP is 100% required. The action is so much better now. The dull 15 minute out of time grudge tests with tanks are available in Vivec!!

However duels should be noCP so folks have a consistent feel to these things.
    Edited by Beardimus on April 20, 2018 10:16PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My general feedback is this.

Basically what I have been saying for the past two years: I think it is a mistake to try and balance two entirely different game systems (CP and no CP) at the same time.

OK, so people don't like "tanky" CP builds in battlegrounds. That's fine. I don't like playing classes that have been overnerfed to account for CP game-play in a non-CP environment where the justifications for those nerfs don;t even exist. As a magicka build it would be nice to dodge or block occasionally without running out of stamina. And I want to throw my computer out the window trying to survive in a no CP setting when ZOS took away my class skills to defend myself (like blinding Flashes) and the only stuff I have has been nerfed and scales with CP (heals, block, etc.). It is absolutely infuriating trying to compete with classes whose defense mechanics work just as fine with no CP (particularly NBs whose cloak just forces misses and even with 1 billion CPs I still can't see cloak).

I also strongly dislike how more CP influenced things like resource drain poison and proc sets are too strong. Also I have to take into account having massive amount of my build devoted to regen just to try and kill things because I don't have on demand burst like some classes out there (sorcs, NBs, and stam Wardens), let a lone a halfway decent ultimate that might help in that goal.

No CP does not effect all classes that same and the whole reason why we have things like Battle Sririt and all the nerfs that hit our classes is because of CP. You can;t just take them away and expect everything to be fine.

This was the primary reason I avoided Battlegrounds, I have many screenshots I can provide that shows I am capable of winning and don't need the "crutch" of CPs. Open up a 1.5 server for Battlegrounds and I'll que up.

Please figure out a future of this game that has one single system so balancing is at least a pipe dream
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 21, 2018 5:25PM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add queues for chaosball and crazy king.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to que. After an hour I gave up and went into Cyrodill. I have done this 3 times so far this week. There appears to be no one playing BGs.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..