Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Any good money making guides?

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
I really want to know if there are any good money making tips or things I can do to make around 500,000 gold ( I know its a lot) I really want to get the Xivkyn Dreadnaught Polymorph, really badly but have had no luck with Tel var boxes and I really don't want to spend anymore time in the sewers. Or if anyone wants to give me one for free ;)
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreadguard*****
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    Here is one of my tips:
    lauggg22231.png

Araund 1h every day (grouped if posible) and you can afford it quite soon. (not counting the motifs that are rare drop that you can sell for 10.000g minimum)

Dont like this? Craglorn dust farming then. (12k gold per trait dust minimum)
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syncronaut wrote: »
    Here is one of my tips:
    lauggg22231.png

Araund 1h every day (grouped if posible) and you can afford it quite soon. (not counting the motifs that are rare drop that you can sell for 10.000g minimum)

I tried to the Ald'ruhn thing but there were so many people there I couldn't get any kills myself. and what dust are you talking about?
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    Syncronaut wrote: »
    Here is one of my tips:
    lauggg22231.png

I tried to the Ald'ruhn thing but there were so many people there I couldn't get any kills myself. and what dust are you talking about?

You have to group up with them (it also saves you on bounty). Sometimes there is so many people there that you can afk and play music.

As for dust:
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Craglorn
    Mine/gather herbs/wood here and hope you get it:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Nirncrux
  • jokeaccount
    jokeaccount
    ✭✭✭
    Embezzlement has always worked for me

...oh, you meant in-game?
    Edited by jokeaccount on May 1, 2018 6:24PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you prefer to sell to players in guild traders or zone chat, I recommend farming for mats, especially potion reagents which are always in demand.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    If you prefer to sell to players in guild traders or zone chat, I recommend farming for mats, especially potion reagents which are always in demand.
    I agree. Raw materials always sell.

There are so many empty zones with so many unharvested mats especially now when everybody are chasing dailies.

Just one example is Wrothgar - even with so many people chasing dailies I am shocked that nobody harvest nodes. People just run through mats' fields.

I CP level around Spellscar and almost nobody picks up nodes except me...
    Edited by exiars10 on April 13, 2018 7:51AM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    When money-making guide is put on forums it becomes not-money-making
    Rawr
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t mind sharing my tips (because I have a degree in economics, and could show mathematically why this forum post won’t hurt the market. But I won’t. It’s dull)

Get a trade guild (or two)

You want a guild that maintains a trader in mournhold, Elden root, wayrest or rawlkha. They charge rent of $5k-$15k per week. It’s worth it...you need basically one gold mat per week sold and it pays for the trader. You’ll sell 20 times at much from a good spot.

Items that sell

Motifs: just not right now. The market is flooded. But those birthday box motifs are worth a fortune! Your best opportunity this week is to GRIND GRIND GRIND. save them, and prices will normalize next June when the chapter drops. I sold last year’s for ~$8 million from June to November...I just listed a few at a time and sold them off bit by bit.

Once the birthday event is over, motifs are still a decent grind. I like the fast and easy motifs that sell for $15-20k, like thieves guild, dark brotherhood, the Morrowind houses. I love to pickpocket, so all winter I’d go spend ten minutes pickpocketing in the Morrowind towns and grab a $15k motif.

Gold mats: these are worth $5-$10k. So farming can be profitable. Or invest in hirelings.

Lower level cloth (and metal and woods too): most characters in the game are highest rank, so more people are picking up rubedite, etc than anything else. So the market doesn’t get as much low level materials as it needs. You might consider choosing a farm character and setting their craft ranks at levels where they’ll get things like flax or dwarves ore. You still get the gold tempers from refining, butnthen you also have materials you can sell off quickly for a decent price.

Daily craft writs: very, very profitable. They reward gold mats, surveys that lead to raw materials, and some other desirable items. If you hate this grind, maybe do just the consumables. You can stack six months worth of provisioning food items at once, then do them each day. (Tip on provision writs - consider doing the lower levels. The purple recipes that drop with these are worth a fortune. The top level writs reward pretty worthless recipes mostly). Alchemy can also be done far ahead. Enchanting you can grind several weeks at a time. If you do top level writs you can earn master writs, which are pretty valuable. If you have characters to work up and do equipment writs, you’ll earn several gold tempers a week.

Furnishing recipes: generally, grinding these can be profitable. It can also be profitable to spend your writ vouchers on the recipe grab bags.

Furnishings themselves: people do buy these. I sell 300k a week. Even when I buy all the mats from guild stores, it’s profitable. A purple furnishing item costs me about $7k to make In mats. I sell them for $10-$12. I keep 10+ slots in my guild stores open for furnishings. I list several different items so that even if it’s a slow week I sell a few. To get started, try to build up a knowledge base of about ten desirable items. Large, cool furnishings are best - cool beds, shelves, unique items. Avoid items that require expensive or rare mats - rakeipa or dwemer frames or trait stones. Look for items that just use the standard furnishing mats and tempers. Build 1-2 of each item and list, and see how it goes. You can do research beforehand...visit a large guild store and see what’s being listed and for how much. Once you have 10-15 recipes that sell well, you can build big stacks and then just replace each item as one sells. I have the bench that sells for a $4k profit. I made fifty, and every other day one sells, I pull one out of my bank and list it. One slotmin the store, so,etching like $60k per month in profit.

Food: I have so much darn provision materials I can’t make and sell food fast enough. People do need it.

Hopefully this list helps. Generally, I’d advise picking a variety of items from this list. If you stock up on nothing but orcish bookcases, sales will be slow. Stock a store with 6-10 furnishings, 5 motifs, 5-8 gold mats, 3-4 gold glyphs, etc, a couple stacks of food, and your store will be really profitable.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Step 1: Inventory Management

Clean out your inventory and loot everything while running dungeons etc, then dump it on vendors. It's a slow profit, but it is a pretty decent way to make a bit of dosh, and doesn't require you to do much.

Step 2: Farm Stuff

Find and item that people want and go grind for it, then sell it. Works with any item there is a demand for. Take a bit of effort on your part, but with some luck you can make a nice profit pretty quickly. Motifs, Weapons, Furnishing Plans and resources are all decent options here.

Step 3: Flip Items

No one talks about this, but this is by far the best way to make money, though it requires you to have a decent baseline of wealth.
    Basically you invest in items and sell them later when they are worth more. For instance, Motifs are cheap right now because of the Anniversary event, so picking up some choice deals is going to be a decent way to make a profit in 3-4 months down the line when the price goes back up.
    Tempers are always a good option for investment before a big update, as invariably the sets that are top tier will change, and you can bump up the price post update.
    However this method is risky in that investments can fall through, and you need a decent grasp on how the economy works, as well as access to a decent trader.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I don’t mind sharing my tips (because I have a degree in economics, and could show mathematically why this forum post won’t hurt the market. But I won’t. It’s dull)

Get a trade guild (or two)

You want a guild that maintains a trader in mournhold, Elden root, wayrest or rawlkha. They charge rent of $5k-$15k per week. It’s worth it...you need basically one gold mat per week sold and it pays for the trader. You’ll sell 20 times at much from a good spot.

Items that sell

Motifs: just not right now. The market is flooded. But those birthday box motifs are worth a fortune! Your best opportunity this week is to GRIND GRIND GRIND. save them, and prices will normalize next June when the chapter drops. I sold last year’s for ~$8 million from June to November...I just listed a few at a time and sold them off bit by bit.

Once the birthday event is over, motifs are still a decent grind. I like the fast and easy motifs that sell for $15-20k, like thieves guild, dark brotherhood, the Morrowind houses. I love to pickpocket, so all winter I’d go spend ten minutes pickpocketing in the Morrowind towns and grab a $15k motif.

Gold mats: these are worth $5-$10k. So farming can be profitable. Or invest in hirelings.

Lower level cloth (and metal and woods too): most characters in the game are highest rank, so more people are picking up rubedite, etc than anything else. So the market doesn’t get as much low level materials as it needs. You might consider choosing a farm character and setting their craft ranks at levels where they’ll get things like flax or dwarves ore. You still get the gold tempers from refining, butnthen you also have materials you can sell off quickly for a decent price.

Daily craft writs: very, very profitable. They reward gold mats, surveys that lead to raw materials, and some other desirable items. If you hate this grind, maybe do just the consumables. You can stack six months worth of provisioning food items at once, then do them each day. (Tip on provision writs - consider doing the lower levels. The purple recipes that drop with these are worth a fortune. The top level writs reward pretty worthless recipes mostly). Alchemy can also be done far ahead. Enchanting you can grind several weeks at a time. If you do top level writs you can earn master writs, which are pretty valuable. If you have characters to work up and do equipment writs, you’ll earn several gold tempers a week.

Furnishing recipes: generally, grinding these can be profitable. It can also be profitable to spend your writ vouchers on the recipe grab bags.

Furnishings themselves: people do buy these. I sell 300k a week. Even when I buy all the mats from guild stores, it’s profitable. A purple furnishing item costs me about $7k to make In mats. I sell them for $10-$12. I keep 10+ slots in my guild stores open for furnishings. I list several different items so that even if it’s a slow week I sell a few. To get started, try to build up a knowledge base of about ten desirable items. Large, cool furnishings are best - cool beds, shelves, unique items. Avoid items that require expensive or rare mats - rakeipa or dwemer frames or trait stones. Look for items that just use the standard furnishing mats and tempers. Build 1-2 of each item and list, and see how it goes. You can do research beforehand...visit a large guild store and see what’s being listed and for how much. Once you have 10-15 recipes that sell well, you can build big stacks and then just replace each item as one sells. I have the bench that sells for a $4k profit. I made fifty, and every other day one sells, I pull one out of my bank and list it. One slotmin the store, so,etching like $60k per month in profit.

Food: I have so much darn provision materials I can’t make and sell food fast enough. People do need it.

Hopefully this list helps. Generally, I’d advise picking a variety of items from this list. If you stock up on nothing but orcish bookcases, sales will be slow. Stock a store with 6-10 furnishings, 5 motifs, 5-8 gold mats, 3-4 gold glyphs, etc, a couple stacks of food, and your store will be really profitable.

Wow thanks a lot :)
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now's probably the best time if you've got a couple of characters, hit up daily writs for motifs (3 boxes per char just from basic crafting, chance to drop gold mats or motifs). I've made 200k in a couple days from this on a couple chars.

Now is also a good time to hit guild traders for new listed motifs that people want to sell quickly, example I picked up Drom legs for 15k sold for 35k within one minute, just filter on time remaining and have a bassline of what sells for what price.

Other than that just farming raw mats, or going on killing sprees.
    Edited by Sparr0w on April 17, 2018 4:50PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS