The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Complaining about premade groups

• Diffused
    Diffused
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares if there is a premade. Quit complaining, have a crack and get on with trying to beat them. Find your own group members and join them!
    Edited by Diffused on April 12, 2018 9:49AM
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found the guy with the pocket healer.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • CatastrophicSuccess
    Diffused wrote: »
    Who cares if there is a premade. Quit complaining, have a crack and get on with trying to beat them. Find your own group members and join them!

Found the guy with the right attitude.
    PC NA - CP 1000+

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I mean, if a premade queue rarely pops that wouldn’t necessarily be bad. People can set up their teams 4v4v4 and queue simultaneously and know they’ll go into the same BG together.

Agreed.

I have no issue with doing solo queues if that means I can get a guaranteed pre v pre v pre when the right people are on.

I was in a 3 man premade last night on PC NA. We really wanted to fight another premade that was queueing at the same time.

Out of five queues, we got placed against them once. The other four were boring pug stomps.

If you were playing a character the same as your forum name, pretty sure I was in half your pug stops on alts I never play. I was so annoyed; I wandered over to this thread to complain. And then resigned myself to not playing battlegrounds again until Friday night when there is enough population to avoid this problem. It just stinks ZOS can't fix their queues so some can get good fights while other's have a chance of checking out a new class before dying in 3 seconds.

I’m usually on my stamden, Thogaids. My account name is the same as my forum name though. PC NA.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    I think a lot of the problems with this could be sorted out with a ranking system. In general, pre-made teams would be more likely to be ranked higher. This would put them in other games with pre-mades or just solid pug groups.

As far as trying to que as a solo player and beating pre-mades on the leader boards. It's a team event and I think it should reflect that. As with most team based games, it may be harder to rank up as a solo player but the progression is still there.
    There are plenty of premade teams that will ignore objectives and play everything like a Deathmatch; in those cases, they would likely have a fairly low ranking and still stomp on randoms for most of their games.

Yeah I think this is the problem with a ranking system.

One possible fix is to only use a team’s ranking in deathmatch mode for MMR placement. You can get ranks for all modes for purposes of rewards, but are only given opponents based on your DM rank. They’d have to do more DM too for that to work, which isn’t a bad thing.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• CatastrophicSuccess
    Thogard wrote: »
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    I think a lot of the problems with this could be sorted out with a ranking system. In general, pre-made teams would be more likely to be ranked higher. This would put them in other games with pre-mades or just solid pug groups.

As far as trying to que as a solo player and beating pre-mades on the leader boards. It's a team event and I think it should reflect that. As with most team based games, it may be harder to rank up as a solo player but the progression is still there.
    There are plenty of premade teams that will ignore objectives and play everything like a Deathmatch; in those cases, they would likely have a fairly low ranking and still stomp on randoms for most of their games.

Yeah I think this is the problem with a ranking system.

One possible fix is to only use a team’s ranking in deathmatch mode for MMR placement. You can get ranks for all modes for purposes of rewards, but are only given opponents based on your DM rank. They’d have to do more DM too for that to work, which isn’t a bad thing.

That's a good point. It could also help if individual performance (including kills, healing done, or other sources of medals) contributed to your rank. That would help with solo players as they could still improve their rank even if they aren't paired with a solid team and it would force teams that just went for kills to slowly progress to an appropriate rank.
    PC NA - CP 1000+

• Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diffused wrote: »

Ok, but if everyone starts to just queue in a group, the group finder turns into a premade vs. premade finder anyway.
    Really not a argument against having one...what you suggested turns it into one anyway.
  • mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    This pre-made problem seems a bit blown out of proportion based on my expierence so far. Admittedly I don’t play a lot anymore so maybe I’m just getting lucky with timing but last couple days I’ve played a fair amount of bg’s solo and won just about every match. Are y’all talking about pc/NA? What time are these unbeatable pre-mades playing?
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mikmak wrote: »
    This pre-made problem seems a bit blown out of proportion based on my expierence so far. Admittedly I don’t play a lot anymore so maybe I’m just getting lucky with timing but last couple days I’ve played a fair amount of bg’s solo and won just about every match. Are y’all talking about pc/NA? What time are these unbeatable pre-mades playing?

I’ve actually seen less premades as well these last 2 weeks since I’ve been back to eso but the problem isn’t just that premades beat pugs but that premades need a more competitive que where they only fight groups so that way it’s more fun/challenging I really want to get more into group play with bgs but I don’t because I know most of the time I will fight pugs and not have competition(which is why I think a lot of good players have stopped queing as a premade)
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    Complaining about premade groups sounds alot like people wanting participation trophies for losing. Its a group arena designed for teams. Premade groups are exactly what battlegrounds was designed for. Groups of friends playing together in smallscale pvp. Much like other games. Destiny, Call of Duty, Halo, any other game where its small scall team vs teams. The teams that are premade and play regulary usually end up winning due to teamwork and communication.

Difference is that a lot of small scale PvP team games have MMR and a matchmaking system that works to some meaningful degree, so for instance if I go play Overwatch if I queue solo, I am not put with 4 other solo players against a full pre-made who then on top of that are all a higher MMR than anyone on my team.

Which is one of the reasons I don't play this game, not just from a solo perspective, but from a group perspective, why do I want to take time getting a group together to then get boring blowout matches against pugs and/or players with vastly different skill levels, it is trash tier PvP that only trash PvE heroes enjoy.
    Edited by Sylosi on April 13, 2018 7:05PM