The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Complaining about premade groups

CompM4s
CompM4s
✭✭✭✭✭
Complaining about premade groups sounds alot like people wanting participation trophies for losing. Its a group arena designed for teams. Premade groups are exactly what battlegrounds was designed for. Groups of friends playing together in smallscale pvp. Much like other games. Destiny, Call of Duty, Halo, any other game where its small scall team vs teams. The teams that are premade and play regulary usually end up winning due to teamwork and communication.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why most people want 2 queues. One for premades, one not.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is not enough people for cp and non cp battlegrounds. Definetly not enough people to seperate premades from pugs.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.

i don't play in BG but it sounds like they need to have some type of level matching. The more you win they higher your BG level is and group matches should be based on the level closest to your level. So bad players will match with bad players and good players will match with good players.

Edited by vamp_emily on April 9, 2018 11:34PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Think premade take the blame for many things

Key issue is no ranking system to match pkayers of similar level

Premade is not a guarantee of that
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they have cp and no cp que like cyrodiil, and after its with the base game. There would be enough players to add something like rankings. Also if rankings had unique rewards to motivate more players
  • LaveniaRose
    LaveniaRose
    ✭✭✭
    No one is complaining about premades. They're complaining groups of complete strangers going against a group that's used to playing together. Unless the premade is complete garbage, no one else stands a chance.

I'm curious if the original poster actually plays battlegrounds solo. The event going on right now has brought lots of new players with alliance rank 3 to battlegrounds. You should enjoy playing against a premade immensely.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people lose too often they'll just stop queueing. Might wanna think about that for awhile ;)
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    Complaining about premade groups sounds alot like people wanting participation trophies for losing. Its a group arena designed for teams. Premade groups are exactly what battlegrounds was designed for. Groups of friends playing together in smallscale pvp. Much like other games. Destiny, Call of Duty, Halo, any other game where its small scall team vs teams. The teams that are premade and play regulary usually end up winning due to teamwork and communication.

Man, investigate the question before talking trash.
    Anyone "complaining" about premades.
    But very many who played a lot as random or as premade ask to implement ranking system for them or separating to few queue to make it interesting challenge for both types of grouping.

P.s: I'm sure u or didn't played there or played only as premade, who afraid to fight vs premades.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lack of good match making is a problem.

When i play in a premade group, I prefer to fight other premade groups. Otherwise it just isn't a challenge.

Separate queues would allow that.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah bgs were designed for premades that’s why they included a random group finder........... like someone else said above do your research before making ignorant post like this ty also call of duty had a public playlist and a ranked playlist for more competitive people
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    The lack of good match making is a problem.

When i play in a premade group, I prefer to fight other premade groups. Otherwise it just isn't a challenge.

Separate queues would allow that.

^
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    It is relatively easy as a premade group to win 20-30+ matches in a row. That being said, there are also people who have played this game for 3 years and have a much higher level of playing ability than most. @Thogard is right, it can be boring playing non pre-made groups after some time of bulldozing plebs for a while. I find that the best competition is during prime hours - def more groups to fight against then.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is not enough people for cp and non cp battlegrounds. Definetly not enough people to seperate premades from pugs.

Correct is to say there was not enouch players.
    Battlegrounds now will be a part of base game in less than 2 month...
    Also, still not separated randoms and premades in current system is a second reason after paywall, why there are not enouch people to run it between morrowind owners - broken experience
    Edited by Anethum on April 10, 2018 5:02PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1) If battlegrounds were designed for premades, then you could only enter battlegrounds as a premade, so that argument fails.

2) The second bolded part is EXACTLY the problem that people have with BGs. Premades have crucial advantages over PUG groups and thus they should NEVER be in the same match. Thats all people want is for premades to have their own queue against other premades and randoms to have their own queue against teams that are completely random.

You mix random PUG and premade together and you end up with premades with characters built for pvp in pvp gear with voice, "roles", and knowledge about how their teammates play VS people who are tossed together in a group that are rarely in pvp gear, have no or little crit protection, have no communication, may completely lack skill at pvp, and have no clue what kind of build their teammates are playing.

Its fish in a barrel for a premade group that isnt completely worthless.

Edit: Your basically doing overland content in gold trial gear and CP720 and then saying the content was designed for you but at the same time its like playing godmode.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on April 10, 2018 5:15PM
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guarantee you there's enough people for a solo only queue.

I can also gaurantee you that no matter how many people are available to queue, there will never be enough for a premade queue. Doesn't matter if 10 million people are playing, that premade queue will rarely pop.

You know why. Everyone knows why.
    Edited by Drachenfier on April 10, 2018 8:34PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, if a premade queue rarely pops that wouldn’t necessarily be bad. People can set up their teams 4v4v4 and queue simultaneously and know they’ll go into the same BG together.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I mean, if a premade queue rarely pops that wouldn’t necessarily be bad. People can set up their teams 4v4v4 and queue simultaneously and know they’ll go into the same BG together.

Agreed.

I have no issue with doing solo queues if that means I can get a guaranteed pre v pre v pre when the right people are on.

I was in a 3 man premade last night on PC NA. We really wanted to fight another premade that was queueing at the same time.

Out of five queues, we got placed against them once. The other four were boring pug stomps.
    Edited by Thogard on April 10, 2018 9:48PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

I guarantee you there's enough people for a solo only queue.

I can also gaurantee you that no matter how many people are available to queue, there will never be enough for a premade queue. Doesn't matter if 10 million people are playing, that premade queue will rarely pop.

You know why. Everyone knows why.

Its a simple question of motivation.
    Do own leaderboard for premade queue, bigger rewards, maybe something unique as rewards there possible only, and any problems to fill it. There are very many people who want challenge. Organized 4v4v4 is cool experience, maybe the best group exp.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    Whisper the other pleb (pug) team. Gang up on the pre-made team. Sometimes I feel like I've won even tho my team has finished last, as long as the pre-made team doesn't win.

Not all pre-made teams are on coms or coordinated. If the pleb teams have an informal armistice they can give the pre-made team a hard time. Works best in dom and crazy kings as the pre-mades usually don't like spliting their party.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whisper the other pleb (pug) team. Gang up on the pre-made team. Sometimes I feel like I've won even tho my team has finished last, as long as the pre-made team doesn't win.

Not all pre-made teams are on coms or coordinated. If the pleb teams have an informal armistice they can give the pre-made team a hard time. Works best in dom and crazy kings as the pre-mades usually don't like spliting their party.
    I’ve tried that a few times.

Problem is that a lot of the newer players are going to play objectives anyway. And many of the more experienced players have grudges against me (or each other) and won’t team up.

Plus I’m pretty sure that type of collusion is against the TOS.

• Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭

Plus I’m pretty sure that type of collusion is against the TOS.

I've only skimmed the TOS, but I didn't see anything that disallows pleb teams teaming up.
    You could even argue that forming a pre-made is collusion if you look at it sideways. You are colluding with other players to from a group that can stomp plebs.

• Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because running into this https://imgur.com/cnbZFPX five or six times in a row will kill any desire to continue to queue for this content, and if you think the player participation is lacking now, let new blood run into this and they'll never come back.
    It's not about "wanting participation trophies for losing" , it's about wanting a fair chance to actually win.
    Funny how everyone screams about balance here on the forums, yet try to defend this particular type of unbalance.
    Matchmaking should be fair to let teams have a chance to even compete. The way it stands now, this is definitely not the case.
    If Zos wants to kill participation in battlegrounds, they are doing it right. I love PvP, but I'm this close to saying *** battlegrounds and just stick to Cyrodiil. Far less frustration.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the idea that someone threw around on these forums.

Two queues: premade and solo.

If you are grouped and queue for the premade, you stay in your group.

If you are grouped and queue for the solo, during the match your group disbands and you are disseminated amongst the teams (some players may remain on the same team but should be no more than 2).

If you are solo and queue for the premade, you just fill in an empty slot.
    Edited by brandonv516 on April 11, 2018 4:18PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the idea that someone threw around on these forums.

Two queues: premade and solo.

If you are grouped and queue for the premade, you stay in your group.

If you are grouped and queue for the solo, during the match your group disbands and you are disseminated amongst the teams (some players may remain on the same team but should be no more than 2).

If you are solo and queue for the premade, you just fill in an empty slot.

i bet whoever came up with that is super cool and loved by everyone and best BG player on PC NA and gm of the best PvP guild on PC NA

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing against premades IF I can choose not to join one. But if I'm forced to drain my time with preteamed group, it's:

1. Not a fair play at all
    2. Wasting my game time
    3. Not fun
    4. I cannot escape without 15min penalty

So yes, I'd like to have two queues. Or the game to be smart enough to group solos with solos and premades with premades.
  • CatastrophicSuccess
    I think a lot of the problems with this could be sorted out with a ranking system. In general, pre-made teams would be more likely to be ranked higher. This would put them in other games with pre-mades or just solid pug groups.

As far as trying to que as a solo player and beating pre-mades on the leader boards. It's a team event and I think it should reflect that. As with most team based games, it may be harder to rank up as a solo player but the progression is still there.
    PC NA - CP 1000+

• LaveniaRose
    LaveniaRose
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

Agreed.

I have no issue with doing solo queues if that means I can get a guaranteed pre v pre v pre when the right people are on.

I was in a 3 man premade last night on PC NA. We really wanted to fight another premade that was queueing at the same time.

Out of five queues, we got placed against them once. The other four were boring pug stomps.

If you were playing a character the same as your forum name, pretty sure I was in half your pug stops on alts I never play. I was so annoyed; I wandered over to this thread to complain. And then resigned myself to not playing battlegrounds again until Friday night when there is enough population to avoid this problem. It just stinks ZOS can't fix their queues so some can get good fights while other's have a chance of checking out a new class before dying in 3 seconds.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of the problems with this could be sorted out with a ranking system. In general, pre-made teams would be more likely to be ranked higher. This would put them in other games with pre-mades or just solid pug groups.

As far as trying to que as a solo player and beating pre-mades on the leader boards. It's a team event and I think it should reflect that. As with most team based games, it may be harder to rank up as a solo player but the progression is still there.
    There are plenty of premade teams that will ignore objectives and play everything like a Deathmatch; in those cases, they would likely have a fairly low ranking and still stomp on randoms for most of their games.
  • shakti82eb17_ESO
    1: Rank system

2: Different queue
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New blood to BG and I have to say Idgaf if other team is premade or what. I love the feeling when I take some high ranking pvper downtown xD

It doesn't always happen but so worth it when it does!

I feel that if my kills and assists are equal to or more than my deaths, I'm not doing too badly, even if we lost the match, fun was had!