Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Historicity of Discontinued Items - Help Acquire More Info!

• Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a number of the ? mark items including three staves, lightning fire and restoration. I found them in wasp nests in Bangkorai back in 2014. I also Have a large number of the antique soul gems and provisioning items and two serving of congealed cheese. FYI congealed cheese was a food item that you could find in your cell in the waiilng prison when the game launched. Last time I made a new character it was not there any longer. I also have some of the Cast off alternative weapons like the cast off ice staff and cast off maul, now the starter quest only lets you get the cast off great sword.

Wow it is amazing how you have retained all the information on the sources of these items. I have seen several venerable folks owning these unique items, but they can not recall the sources behind it.

I will definitely jot down your information on my growing collection of notes! Thank you!
    swippy wrote: »
    @The_Antiquarian how many Giant Spider Helms do you have?

I have been on and off and as such, I am not quite familiar with the Giant Spider Helm. Is that a one-time drop item?

Turelus wrote: »
    I still have an unbound level 50 (no VR/CP) staff which you get from the prophet at the end of the game if you're interested?
    I forget the actual name of the item. Otherwise I don't think I have much let to offer as I sent my soul gems in the past.

Thank you very much for your kind words! As long as the items are discontinued and not available currently in the game via any of the loot source, I consider them unique and important! It is amazing how the game evolved throughout the ages and once such mundane item became "unique."
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    As i just returned after 4 years i'll take a look in my bank sadly i really have no idea what i'm looking for but i'll take a look..

There are still so many unique items that are not discovered. I bet you got a treasure trove of stuff there!
    I have a Destruction staff I keep on my one mule character. Servers are down so if I remember, I'll post a screenshot of it. I think it was part of a 3 piece set.

Is the destruction staff unique in some way? is it part of the old quest item from the beginning of the starter quest, that is not available any more?

abigfishy wrote: »
    I don't know if you remember but I gave you the limited forward camps. I have found an old character I hadn't played for years on my alt account who has some old provisioning materials and low level soul gems if you are interested.

Once again, I am grateful for your help! I keep it with pride!
    Blobsky wrote: »
    I own a gold akaviri motif (the full book) whixh technically never existed in game?

Also a bound item called "sword" level 1 from early access beta

This is incredible. By any chance, are you located in EU server and if so, how can I contact you? I would love to see them in person!
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Unfortunately I deleted one of the old provisioning mats a while back. I actually found it post discontinuation, so I may try to find it again. I also deleted one of the ? items, since they dropped rather commonly in old orsinium, and I didn't really think foresight. I also have a redguard style desert rose in 160 CP.

For the latter I don't know how honestly. I just bought it like that. I believe it was pre IC, so no alliance styles. And I think it dropped from rewards of the worthy. But honestly I don't even remember it.

I am beating myself for having skipped Orsinium during my son's birth! Although the items with question marks are more common, I believe these items are the most fascinating pieces amongst all discontinued items. By any chance, are you located in EU and still happen to keep some lying around? I will take a note on the drop sources that you have Kindly specified!
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I have the Encasement of Anguish which used to drop from the Seducer Sisters named dolmen bosses. Apparently it does not drop anymore since they made the change to dolmens that any boss can spawn at any dolmen rather than just one specific one.

That is divine. Once again, I am learning new thing every day. Now I have to be on a hunt to seek this unique piece! By any chance, do you recall which Dolmen it was that dropped this item?
    4ijU1G4.jpg

I am looking at the Robe of Health with such envy. By any chance, do you happen to recall where you found this item? For the sake of preserving the history, I would like to know!
    jypcy wrote: »
    Don’t have access to game rn, but I’ve saved a couple of the discontinued items (PC NA). I think I still have a white question mark war axe. I also collected the Mask of the Darkest Seducer (now same style as Shadow of the Red Mountain helmet), Hood of the Voidguide (non-craftable ashlander light), and I can’t remember the name right now, but something like Face Mask of Anguish? (Dark seducer helmet). Also have a blue Blood Spawn pauldron and blue Master’s Inferno staff from when these could drop in blue, some lower level trial gear that have since had updated names and no longer include flavor text (e.g. “Shield of the Yokeda” instead of “Shield of the Resilient Yokeda”), and then Jolting greaves in xivkyn iirc, before it was moved to tempest island. And it’s now in maormer, I think?

Incredible collection you got there. The nature/property/design/loot source of the items get changed so frequently that nowadays when I am playing ESO, I just collect ALL the drops and store them in my alts haha.
    @The_Antiquarian

Blobeso has this scroll that summons a mercenary (kind of like a combat pet). If you get in touch with him, maybe he will give/sell it to you.

Forum name and gamertag: @Blobsky

Thank you very much for the note! It used to be available from Cyrodiil campaign, but has been discontinued. By the way, isn't Ecthelion from the Middle-Earth? The one that killed Gothmog?
    laksikus wrote: »
    Ingame i couldnt reach you those last few times i tried, so here are the screenshots of my rare items

These are incredible and you make my jaws drop. I contacted you via forum PM, but to no avail. How can I contact you in game so I can bother you about the historicity of these items? Because of ongoing lawsuits, I have been busy with RL issues haha.

You can see it on my livestream any time, Twitch.tv/blobsso
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
    Options
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    You can see it on my livestream any time, Twitch.tv/blobsso

I sure will see it!
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have Lich bracers which are pre One Tamriel. I also have Dyloras staff as well, which is unavailable.
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have Lich bracers which are pre One Tamriel. I also have Dyloras staff as well, which is unavailable.
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Options
  • Valve
    Valve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volar’s Crescent Staff and Volar's Crescent Dagger are pretty cool.

Both dropped from Lord Dregas Volar pre-One Tamriel.

The staff is the coolest looking staff in the game imo.

I'd take a screenshot but I can't login right now; here's an image of the staff from ESO fashion:
    BEEAF42C-34C3-488D-B145-79EE98B70165.jpg
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyerx4
    Flawless Conqueror all Classes
    3rd Anniversary!
    Guar Squad
    Options
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    Valve wrote: »

I'd take a screenshot but I can't login right now; here's an image of the staff from ESO fashion:

May I know the differences between the Lich set items, Dyloras Staff, Volar's Crescent Staff, and Volar's Crescent Dagger from PRE-One Tamriel and Post One Tamriel?

Are the stats different? Are these items not dropped as loots/not acquirable by any other means anymore?

Thank you!
    Options
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love this discontinued motif - Encasement of Anguish
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/ariel-valtieri-na/

Options
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure that the lich items are any different from pre 1T, there’s just a different means of acquiring them now. All of the weapons mentioned were previously available as rare drops from Dark anchor bosses, and afaik are no longer obtainable in game.
    Also the Relics of Ansur set reminded me, I don’t think the 3pc Arms of the Infernace set is obtainable in game anymore. Iirc this also dropped in some of the old vet dungeons (EH2, SC2, COA2, etc.) and I wanna say it gave a little damage shield upon activating block, but I could be totally wrong on that, as unfortunately I think I vendored all my pieces of it some time ago. It was just standard Daedric style I believe.
    Options
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    Don't forget Jaedi and Lire essence runes.

I was about to mention this. I have a Jaedi, but I'm PC/NA.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
    Options
  • Valve
    Valve
    ✭✭✭✭

May I know the differences between the Lich set items, Dyloras Staff, Volar's Crescent Staff, and Volar's Crescent Dagger from PRE-One Tamriel and Post One Tamriel?

Are the stats different? Are these items not dropped as loots/not acquirable by any other means anymore?

Thank you!
    Volar's Crescent Staff, and Volar's Crescent Dagger are no longer available at all -- they don't even have a set bonus.
    Unless you buy unbound versions of the Volar weapons, you can't get them.

BTW, it's the same staff Abnur Tharn uses in the main quest. It's final tier (uncraftable) Daedric style, I believe.

Dylora's Staff is the same as the normal Lich staff but can be sold (if unbound) and has the unique name since it's from a dolmen boss.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyerx4
    Flawless Conqueror all Classes
    3rd Anniversary!
    Guar Squad
    Options
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay this is where i comes in ;)

The basic 10 motif had an unfinished/uniplemented/dropped 5th style lvl. Zos completly taken them out but they reused 1-2 into specific weapons, like Master Weapons or 'stolen weapons'

but for some mention:
    ihUlm1R.jpg

Options
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably all I've got. Maybe not as interesting as some other items but.. Right click and open in a new tab for larger.
    wCMXeWZ.png
    0Fc3lk0.png
    GNU9YqG.png
    dG4rKt5.png
    0IruHc8.png
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
    Options
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @The_Antiquarian
    swippy wrote: »
    @The_Antiquarian how many Giant Spider Helms do you have?

I have been on and off and as such, I am not quite familiar with the Giant Spider Helm. Is that a one-time drop item?

oh no! sir or madam! i respect the work you do, and i'm so sorry you missed this one. it appears there was a bugged or testing item that was accidentally left in the table that the Golden Vendor randomly draws her loot from. it looked just like a helm from another proper monster set (sorry i don't recall which one) but the set had an interesting 1-piece enchantment, i think it was 4% healing instead of the usual 2%? ZOS said it was put up accidentally and they couldn't take it down without probably messing up other stuff, so they just discouraged people from buying it. it's extremely unlikely the shoulders will ever become available.

damn, i hate to be the bearer of bad news. that thing was right up your alley.

Options
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have plenty of the old food that was scraped years ago, when the provisionning system was revamped.
    Options
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    I have 40 'Old Pepper', if that counts...
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Encasement of Anguish which used to drop from the Seducer Sisters named dolmen bosses. Apparently it does not drop anymore since they made the change to dolmens that any boss can spawn at any dolmen rather than just one specific one.

Yeah, I've got that equipped on my Stamblade. This is the one thing I was hoping would be in the Outfit system, so I could finally equip a set piece in that slot. :/

And yeah, even though the Medium Daedric chest motif looks nothing like that, it's marked as Daedric. I suppose that means if someone was drunk enough to deconstruct the Encasement it might drop a Daedric style material. Ooh. Aah.
    Options
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found another old unusued character who has a bunch of dropped set gear in white quality. I don't know if any set pieces still drop in white. Are they of any interest? She has a few such as Level 7 Ancient Warden's Greaves (white quality), Level 6 Cured Kwama Leggings (white quality) etc.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
    Options
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    dolmen drop become set items?

zwjm8x.png
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dolmen drop become set items?

zwjm8x.png

Those were always set items. Draugr's Heritage used to be a Dolmen only set. Same with Lich, I think.
    Options
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    found in guild bank
    how its possible?

23sdca0.png
    Options
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    I had a lvl 26 velidreth helm from pre one tamriel era (back then normal dungeons have slight chance to drop monster helms) unfortunately deconstructed it long ago but I still have daedric shackles in my bank, which is bound and best I can do to prove I got them is linking them in chat.
    Options
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    still got those in bank, they are old dungeon drops with rather unique enchantment
    fEgZZII.jpg
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
    Options
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mannn all these collections....
    I do recall having some petty soul gems, and I joined in only around the first witchmother festival....but I donno how I acquired them.

ZOS really should give us showcase of items as furnitures and ppl can open antique museums!
    Edited by Lyserus on April 27, 2018 8:42AM
    Options
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Speaking of which, @The_Antiquarian have you thought about making an addon that let people view the antique items with their history? I respect you collect a lot of things but there are some items that are owned by players from other platform or bounded, I'm sure you don't have everything (I really wish you do tho)

So how about starting an addon, and let ppl across the PC EU and NA to upload the antique item info to you and we can all view your amazing antique musem? :)
    Options
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dark Seducer really needs to be a craftable motif, or at least an outfit style ... :|

Edited by adriant1978 on April 27, 2018 9:01AM
    Options
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @The_Antiquarian
    @The_Antiquarian

Blobeso has this scroll that summons a mercenary (kind of like a combat pet). If you get in touch with him, maybe he will give/sell it to you.

Forum name and gamertag: @Blobsky

Thank you very much for the note! It used to be available from Cyrodiil campaign, but has been discontinued. By the way, isn't Ecthelion from the Middle-Earth? The one that killed Gothmog?

Oh sry completely missed your reply. Really cool thread you've got going here. If they ever introduced display boxes to housing you could perhaps design a museum of sorts. I hope a lot of people entrust to you their antiquities, soy you can keep them safe.

And yes, Ecthelion is from Middle-Earth ;) .
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glass fragements no longer drop

There's invisible sword from a quest reward that's apart of history and sometimes still sold.

There's two different versions of lich set on game.

There was a 3 piece healer set that dropped in darkshade. It's ironic because final boss is a heal test. ;( No more healing gear there now.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!

Different stats
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    Okay this is where i comes in ;)

The basic 10 motif had an unfinished/uniplemented/dropped 5th style lvl. Zos completly taken them out but they reused 1-2 into specific weapons, like Master Weapons or 'stolen weapons'

but for some mention:
    ihUlm1R.jpg

Dragur looks like master inferno staff
    Options