Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Historicity of Discontinued Items - Help Acquire More Info!

The_Antiquarian
The_Antiquarian
✭✭✭✭
Many of unique "not available any longer" items (aka discontinued items) are disappearing from the game as they get neglected when old players quit or are ditched in the old guildbanks! Help preserve these unique history of Tamriel!

As an ardent lover of all oddities unique and discontinued, I am searching for the historicity of any items that are forgotten and left in mules of the earliest devotees of ESO. I am trying to find as much information on these treasures and I would be grateful if anyone who has them contact me, preferably on PC-EU server so we can ponder more about these items ingame! Most importantly, I would like to find everything about their origin, their drop source, period when obtained, an actual ingame glimpse of these treasures, and much more!

Unique Craftable Loot Dropped Gears

There are several craftable sets that were dropped as loots with no "created by _____" label on the item description. These gears were devoid of any trait or enchantment. They are low leveled items (1 - 50) and as such, are most likely stashed in the inventory or old guild banks. The following craftable items were dropped as loots;

*The Eyes of Mara
*Seducer
*Nikalas
*Seducer

Equipable Gears with Question Mark (?) On their Graphical Icon
These are also low-leveled gears that are not bound and usually come as uncommon. Most fascinating feature of these items is that when equipped, the graphic is not visible!

Their names are very mundane and hard to miss.
*Gloves of Health*
*Battle Axe of Shock*
And etc.

Once again, for those who currently holds these beautiful items in PC-EU, please message me at @The_Antiquarian!!! I would like to take a look at them and find more information about these unique items!

I will be covering many more items in the near future including the obsolete soul gems, IC keys, old runes, old provisional items, and BoE set items that are bound now. If you have any other unique items that are discontinued from dropping, please share the info with me!
Edited by The_Antiquarian on April 9, 2018 8:48AM
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a mace with question mark icon.

White no enchant.

There is also a few Sets that dont drop anymore.

Likae the 3p set from elden roots. I still have a full set cp140. Staff has a double enchant on it

Options
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    I have a mace with question mark icon.

White no enchant.

There is also a few Sets that dont drop anymore.

Likae the 3p set from elden roots. I still have a full set cp140. Staff has a double enchant on it

That is incredible. I thought the items with question mark icon comes in uncommon, but not "white."
    Do you happen to have a picture that you can share? Perhaps I can bother you in EU later, if you kindly let me get a peak on that beauty?

Also, I also did not know about a set item with double enchant. I would love to see and document that as well.

Thank you very much for the info!
    Options
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a number of the ? mark items including three staves, lightning fire and restoration. I found them in wasp nests in Bangkorai back in 2014. I also Have a large number of the antique soul gems and provisioning items and two serving of congealed cheese. FYI congealed cheese was a food item that you could find in your cell in the waiilng prison when the game launched. Last time I made a new character it was not there any longer. I also have some of the Cast off alternative weapons like the cast off ice staff and cast off maul, now the starter quest only lets you get the cast off great sword.
    Edited by Storm_knight22 on April 9, 2018 8:54AM
    I want spell crafting.
    Options
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can send you a pic when i get home.

I sold my last few low level soilgems a few days ago.
    Options
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @The_Antiquarian how many Giant Spider Helms do you have?
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have an unbound level 50 (no VR/CP) staff which you get from the prophet at the end of the game if you're interested?
    I forget the actual name of the item. Otherwise I don't think I have much let to offer as I sent my soul gems in the past.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As i just returned after 4 years i'll take a look in my bank sadly i really have no idea what i'm looking for but i'll take a look..
    Options
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Destruction staff I keep on my one mule character. Servers are down so if I remember, I'll post a screenshot of it. I think it was part of a 3 piece set.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget Jaedi and Lire essence runes.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Options
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if you remember but I gave you the limited forward camps. I have found an old character I hadn't played for years on my alt account who has some old provisioning materials and low level soul gems if you are interested.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I deleted one of the old provisioning mats a while back. I actually found it post discontinuation, so I may try to find it again. I also deleted one of the ? items, since they dropped rather commonly in old orsinium, and I didn't really think foresight. I also have a redguard style desert rose in 160 CP.

For the latter I don't know how honestly. I just bought it like that. I believe it was pre IC, so no alliance styles. And I think it dropped from rewards of the worthy. But honestly I don't even remember it.
    Edited by ak_pvp on April 9, 2018 10:16AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I own a gold akaviri motif (the full book) whixh technically never existed in game?

Also a bound item called "sword" level 1 from early access beta
    Edited by Blobsky on April 9, 2018 10:27AM
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Encasement of Anguish which used to drop from the Seducer Sisters named dolmen bosses. Apparently it does not drop anymore since they made the change to dolmens that any boss can spawn at any dolmen rather than just one specific one.

e6ojC1Z.png

9tPGEy7.png

GsfVCes.png

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, that would be an more interesting motif than worm cult.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard that Trueflame used to be able to be fished up in Stonefalls. It was a level 1 white item with no enchants, but considering it's a weapon that's important to the lore I'd love to be able to see it in game one day.

If someone got it please post some screenshots!
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Now, that would be an more interesting motif than worm cult.

I would dearly love to see the Encasement of Anguish as a motif. It's used in the Dark Seducer costume which would be great if it weren't plagued by those godawful floating shoulders.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/07/Dark-Seducer-Female-Close-Front.jpg

Options
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad the items with a question mark didnt look like this when equipped:

-mens-riddler-costume.jpg
    Master Craftsman!
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I have the Encasement of Anguish which used to drop from the Seducer Sisters named dolmen bosses. Apparently it does not drop anymore since they made the change to dolmens that any boss can spawn at any dolmen rather than just one specific one.
    e6ojC1Z.png

9tPGEy7.png

GsfVCes.png
    It's a shame that doesn't drop any more because that's a great top section for showing tattoos. :hushed:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4ijU1G4.jpg
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
    Options
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t have access to game rn, but I’ve saved a couple of the discontinued items (PC NA). I think I still have a white question mark war axe. I also collected the Mask of the Darkest Seducer (now same style as Shadow of the Red Mountain helmet), Hood of the Voidguide (non-craftable ashlander light), and I can’t remember the name right now, but something like Face Mask of Anguish? (Dark seducer helmet). Also have a blue Blood Spawn pauldron and blue Master’s Inferno staff from when these could drop in blue, some lower level trial gear that have since had updated names and no longer include flavor text (e.g. “Shield of the Yokeda” instead of “Shield of the Resilient Yokeda”), and then Jolting greaves in xivkyn iirc, before it was moved to tempest island. And it’s now in maormer, I think?
    Options
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @The_Antiquarian

Blobeso has this scroll that summons a mercenary (kind of like a combat pet). If you get in touch with him, maybe he will give/sell it to you.

Forum name and gamertag: @Blobsky
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on April 9, 2018 4:11PM
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    e6ojC1Z.png

9tPGEy7.png

GsfVCes.png
    It's a shame that doesn't drop any more because that's a great top section for showing tattoos. :hushed:

Indeed! One of the very few! I'd be happy if they'd just put out costumes that showed off tats. They feel kind of pointless most of the time as is.
    Edited by MornaBaine on April 9, 2018 4:44PM

Options
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU

t538ux.png
    Options
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    i think this item now become daedric style
    can anyone confirm?

33dl8bb.png
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think this item now become daedric style
    can anyone confirm?

33dl8bb.png
    No, they are different.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ingame i couldnt reach you those last few times i tried, so here are the screenshots of my rare items

96116865c82c69fd6efb89c6368f811d1d292e1fafa414180f62c02a51dad590ca8cd712.jpg
    704197422b2fc3b136e74b3a5c2559899d7a2ace1251b6a3c966927413d5de11e18534e6.jpg
    94415790f19febe1128bf3ccda6cebfed275793b5c815c502215f9a59bf8e3e4b2c20a92.jpg
    12355181cab4d9e0e9a58e40fdbda55bc9fed685009be703dfd6d7be81bfc144dc87a9d2.jpg
    Edited by laksikus on April 10, 2018 9:31AM
    Options
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, the old soul gems have value to people as antiques? FFS I sold them to an NPC a year ago D:
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    PC NA 400+ CP
    nerf ping please
    Options
  • The_Antiquarian
    The_Antiquarian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a number of the ? mark items including three staves, lightning fire and restoration. I found them in wasp nests in Bangkorai back in 2014. I also Have a large number of the antique soul gems and provisioning items and two serving of congealed cheese. FYI congealed cheese was a food item that you could find in your cell in the waiilng prison when the game launched. Last time I made a new character it was not there any longer. I also have some of the Cast off alternative weapons like the cast off ice staff and cast off maul, now the starter quest only lets you get the cast off great sword.

Wow it is amazing how you have retained all the information on the sources of these items. I have seen several venerable folks owning these unique items, but they can not recall the sources behind it.

I will definitely jot down your information on my growing collection of notes! Thank you!
    swippy wrote: »
    @The_Antiquarian how many Giant Spider Helms do you have?

I have been on and off and as such, I am not quite familiar with the Giant Spider Helm. Is that a one-time drop item?

Turelus wrote: »
    I still have an unbound level 50 (no VR/CP) staff which you get from the prophet at the end of the game if you're interested?
    I forget the actual name of the item. Otherwise I don't think I have much let to offer as I sent my soul gems in the past.

Thank you very much for your kind words! As long as the items are discontinued and not available currently in the game via any of the loot source, I consider them unique and important! It is amazing how the game evolved throughout the ages and once such mundane item became "unique."
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    As i just returned after 4 years i'll take a look in my bank sadly i really have no idea what i'm looking for but i'll take a look..

There are still so many unique items that are not discovered. I bet you got a treasure trove of stuff there!
    I have a Destruction staff I keep on my one mule character. Servers are down so if I remember, I'll post a screenshot of it. I think it was part of a 3 piece set.

Is the destruction staff unique in some way? is it part of the old quest item from the beginning of the starter quest, that is not available any more?

abigfishy wrote: »
    I don't know if you remember but I gave you the limited forward camps. I have found an old character I hadn't played for years on my alt account who has some old provisioning materials and low level soul gems if you are interested.

Once again, I am grateful for your help! I keep it with pride!
    Blobsky wrote: »
    I own a gold akaviri motif (the full book) whixh technically never existed in game?

This is incredible. By any chance, are you located in EU server and if so, how can I contact you? I would love to see them in person!
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Unfortunately I deleted one of the old provisioning mats a while back. I actually found it post discontinuation, so I may try to find it again. I also deleted one of the ? items, since they dropped rather commonly in old orsinium, and I didn't really think foresight. I also have a redguard style desert rose in 160 CP.

For the latter I don't know how honestly. I just bought it like that. I believe it was pre IC, so no alliance styles. And I think it dropped from rewards of the worthy. But honestly I don't even remember it.

I am beating myself for having skipped Orsinium during my son's birth! Although the items with question marks are more common, I believe these items are the most fascinating pieces amongst all discontinued items. By any chance, are you located in EU and still happen to keep some lying around? I will take a note on the drop sources that you have Kindly specified!

That is divine. Once again, I am learning new thing every day. Now I have to be on a hunt to seek this unique piece! By any chance, do you recall which Dolmen it was that dropped this item?
    4ijU1G4.jpg

I am looking at the Robe of Health with such envy. By any chance, do you happen to recall where you found this item? For the sake of preserving the history, I would like to know!
    jypcy wrote: »
    Don’t have access to game rn, but I’ve saved a couple of the discontinued items (PC NA). I think I still have a white question mark war axe. I also collected the Mask of the Darkest Seducer (now same style as Shadow of the Red Mountain helmet), Hood of the Voidguide (non-craftable ashlander light), and I can’t remember the name right now, but something like Face Mask of Anguish? (Dark seducer helmet). Also have a blue Blood Spawn pauldron and blue Master’s Inferno staff from when these could drop in blue, some lower level trial gear that have since had updated names and no longer include flavor text (e.g. “Shield of the Yokeda” instead of “Shield of the Resilient Yokeda”), and then Jolting greaves in xivkyn iirc, before it was moved to tempest island. And it’s now in maormer, I think?

Incredible collection you got there. The nature/property/design/loot source of the items get changed so frequently that nowadays when I am playing ESO, I just collect ALL the drops and store them in my alts haha.
    @The_Antiquarian

Blobeso has this scroll that summons a mercenary (kind of like a combat pet). If you get in touch with him, maybe he will give/sell it to you.

Forum name and gamertag: @Blobsky

Thank you very much for the note! It used to be available from Cyrodiil campaign, but has been discontinued. By the way, isn't Ecthelion from the Middle-Earth? The one that killed Gothmog?
    laksikus wrote: »
    Ingame i couldnt reach you those last few times i tried, so here are the screenshots of my rare items

These are incredible and you make my jaws drop. I contacted you via forum PM, but to no avail. How can I contact you in game so I can bother you about the historicity of these items? Because of ongoing lawsuits, I have been busy with RL issues haha.
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »

I got the full book out of the quest reward Crown Crate. I guess it only drops from crates?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is still sore they got rid of moon sugar. Khajiit was stock piling in anticipation of the day they introduced skooma crafting into the game.

Then the justice update happened and they all became beets. Beets! This one hates beets.
    Options