The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Anniversary Event is a winner... ZoS get it perfect.

• Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    I opened a box with 20 worms and 20 wood yesterday. don't tell me drop rates are prefect.

god i hate suck ups.

I've had this too... I've opened over 500 boxes (lots of writs on all my 15 toons and cyrodiil questing has been fun too). I've gotten half the WC pages I need with some dupes. Drop rate of WC motif pages for me has been 1 per 32.34 boxes opened. I'll keep logging my results but it seems pretty fair.

I too had a dry spell of about 100 boxes without a WC page - then got two pages in one box!! I also like that BA motifs are dropping - and ppl have been trading motifs back and forth in guilds and in zone. It's felt pretty amicable and actually brought the community together.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes the event has been great. I have got some flops for boxes, but the good stuff far beyond makes up for the bad stuff.

Writs on 8 toons last night then pug daily’s that turned into a super group made a delightful time.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m enjoying the event. I love crafting so the materials, recipes, and motif pages are great rewards. Getting close to having opened around 200 boxes so far, and gotten 5 Worm Cult pages.

I am actually very happy the drop rate is much lower than Hollowjack or Skinchanger. No matter how cool the styles looked, the abundance of pages turned the pages into trash. No chance of that happening with Worm Cult! Given the length of the event it looks like I should have a pretty good chance of filling the book, or close to it, by the end on a single character.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs a lil work like remove all the garbage furniture i mean really argonian baskets? Benches street lights all that crap needs to go leave only actual rewards not junk you find looting barrels

I would agree with this, to an extent.

I like the event because it is nice to pick my quest, but the rewards are sometimes like getting a pair of socks at Christmas. Free? Yes. Might need them? Sure. Underwhelming? Yup.

I would find it more interesting if, when they gave us common stuff, they really went overboard. 50 carrots. 50 beets. Or, doubled up on the picks. Instead of just carrots, ive us carrots, and beets, and lettuce for that 'slot' in the box.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 6, 2018 11:36AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be taking full advantage of the 100% exp this weekend, once I clear Alik'r of its Skyshards (and two starter islands).

I have some skills to level up and this is a perfect time to do it.

As for the rewards, I've no complaints only because I'm not chasing them. They're just a nice extra for doing what I do anyway: steal everything!

My goal is to have Master Thief, TG and Legerdemain (17) max ranked by Sunday night.

With 100% exp... challenge accepted. :)

(note: I know TG is rank based, but I've 3 or more crime sprees to do until it's maxed, which should be tonight. Then, I get the final quest. Kari's book will be tomorrow)

Master Thief. Such a nice ring to this title, don't you think? >:)

• ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like something from a perspective of a player that does not have all the motives already. However for us who have those motives that we worked for hard and now they drop in this event without you needing to do those DLC dungeons.. its unfair. And what are we supposed to do with those pages we already have? Even the price of BA motif went rapidly down that I was happy to sell it 60k less than usually. All those rare and expensive motif pages are dropping so much that those we actually loot in dungeons etc are almost worthless now. And the drop rate of worm seems pretty horrible for the first two day for me when I did most of the quests only 1 each day. Today I did only writs so far on 11 characters and 4 pages dropped like wtf, what a weird drop rate really, not complaining but... what? In the meantime my bank and inventory is getting filled with motif pages I already have, guild trader full, inventory full, lot of blueprints I already have etc.
    Why when doing the most job I dont feel rewarded at all (because only 1 page for like 100 quests) and other day I drop 4 just by doing writs. It makes no sense. I would much prefer if they put stable drop rate like "every 20-30 quests you get 1 page of worm" or something like that.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    I opened a box with 20 worms and 20 wood yesterday. don't tell me drop rates are prefect.

god i hate suck ups.

I've had this too... I've opened over 500 boxes (lots of writs on all my 15 toons and cyrodiil questing has been fun too). I've gotten half the WC pages I need with some dupes. Drop rate of WC motif pages for me has been 1 per 32.34 boxes opened. I'll keep logging my results but it seems pretty fair.

I too had a dry spell of about 100 boxes without a WC page - then got two pages in one box!! I also like that BA motifs are dropping - and ppl have been trading motifs back and forth in guilds and in zone. It's felt pretty amicable and actually brought the community together.

sometimes i wonder if there is some hidden refresh rate on drop percentage. Because my first couple of boxes on a new day i may get something half decent and then you got a long line of garbage. I have noticed this on all my characters. That has been done before in other games i believe.

i am trying to decide if i want to eat my motifs or sell them. I want to buy a house and not sure if there will be a crown sale soon. Today would be the perfect time to have a sale across the board on the game with the event going on. Would be stupid not to take advantage of that.

I do think there should be things taken out of the loot pool like things like worms.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

god i hate suck ups.

sometimes i wonder if there is some hidden refresh rate on drop percentage. Because my first couple of boxes on a new day i may get something half decent and then you got a long line of garbage. I have noticed this on all my characters. That has been done before in other games i believe.

i am trying to decide if i want to eat my motifs or sell them. I want to buy a house and not sure if there will be a crown sale soon. Today would be the perfect time to have a sale across the board on the game with the event going on. Would be stupid not to take advantage of that.

I do think there should be things taken out of the loot pool like things like worms.
    Opposite happened to me yesterday, first ten for the day were materials and nothing else.

The last five of the day all had motifs. RNG is random, we could spend forever trying to craft theories and understand the rates.

Edit: Worms are actually pretty good, because of all the fishing items they're one of the slower ones to farm. As someone who did master angler I appreciate the worms.
    Edited by Turelus on April 6, 2018 12:01PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sometimes i wonder if there is some hidden refresh rate on drop percentage.
    I believe there's a 5 minute refresh rate, based on my experience.

When I break down mats and get a gold, I don't get another for nearly 5 minutes.

Now, I break down until I get a gold, then stop. Play a while, do it again. I've acquired more gold mats doing this, so I just automatically use this in the game.

Find a Kuta in a runestone? No need to check others for at least 5 minutes.

I've never found two Kuta stones in a row within 5 minutes, so the 5 minute refresh seems logical.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

god i hate suck ups.

I do have a theory that they cap certain drops. There is a low percentage drop rate, but when they hit a global cap, the drop rate drops dramatically. Maybe even to zero. In this way, they avoid random damage caused by an RNG that is too generous.

Too many times, I get the rarest of drops in the first day. By the last day, I am not getting those any more. Not on any character, any account.

Maybe just RNG, but if it is, it is a little too deterministic.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

god i hate suck ups.

I do have a theory that they cap certain drops. There is a low percentage drop rate, but when they hit a global cap, the drop rate drops dramatically. Maybe even to zero. In this way, they avoid random damage caused by an RNG that is too generous.

Too many times, I get the rarest of drops in the first day. By the last day, I am not getting those any more. Not on any character, any account.

We should really try and organise something for an event where we track it. It won't be the best collection of information but have enough trusted people who won't mess about record the information and post it somewhere.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

god i hate suck ups.

so, set my alarm for 3am when the population is at its lowest and open all my boxes.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »

When I break down mats and get a gold, I don't get another for nearly 5 minutes.

Now, I break down until I get a gold, then stop. Play a while, do it again. I've acquired more gold mats doing this, so I just automatically use this in the game.

I've never found two Kuta stones in a row within 5 minutes, so the 5 minute refresh seems logical.

I have gotten multiple golds in a row refining. I don't think there is any such timer. RNG is just random. One needs a very large sample to make any determination.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best event so far and by far

But competition is not very harsh xD

I wish worm would drop more but i guess it is RNG
  • Scorpiodisc
    Scorpiodisc
    ✭✭✭
    Needs a lil work like remove all the garbage furniture i mean really argonian baskets? Benches street lights all that crap needs to go leave only actual rewards not junk you find looting barrels

I actually like getting knick knack furniture recipes
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like something from a perspective of a player that does not have all the motives already. However for us who have those motives that we worked for hard and now they drop in this event without you needing to do those DLC dungeons.. its unfair. And what are we supposed to do with those pages we already have? Even the price of BA motif went rapidly down that I was happy to sell it 60k less than usually. All those rare and expensive motif pages are dropping so much that those we actually loot in dungeons etc are almost worthless now. And the drop rate of worm seems pretty horrible for the first two day for me when I did most of the quests only 1 each day. Today I did only writs so far on 11 characters and 4 pages dropped like wtf, what a weird drop rate really, not complaining but... what? In the meantime my bank and inventory is getting filled with motif pages I already have, guild trader full, inventory full, lot of blueprints I already have etc.
    Why when doing the most job I dont feel rewarded at all (because only 1 page for like 100 quests) and other day I drop 4 just by doing writs. It makes no sense. I would much prefer if they put stable drop rate like "every 20-30 quests you get 1 page of worm" or something like that.

You realize you are in the slim minority right? I know only a couple people that are completely finished with all motifs. I am 90% finished, I am getting 1 out of 10 pages that are unknown to me, that doesn't diminish the fun. And that fact that prices are dropping is a good thing, I have two large trading guilds, yes the market will react to the influx of more material, that isn't a bad thing. 1% of the population shouldn't hold the market on certain drops. This happened last year, the prices dropped, people bought, the prices recovered more or less.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not so perfect.. getting a bit longer loading screen and outright crashes here and there, but still a very good event, and still kudos out to Zen/ZOS/developers. Practically, every drops from each boxes are useful, from the mats to the different motifs. I like getting the many varieties of motifs. Plus, 12 days worth of double XPs to level up all the skillsets of 15 toons; very nice.. Well, really 15 or 15 1/2 days with the previous Jester event. Add an XP scroll and enlightenment = easy and peasy toon/skill leveling. Also, the world boss dailies are quite easier/faster with so many peeps doing the same; practically disintegrating certain ones within seconds. Ha ha. The WBs in Vvardenfell still a bit rougher, though, as not many seem to be doing those for the daily; had to solo a few so far. Whoosh..

Edited by GreenhaloX on April 6, 2018 12:58PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

god i hate suck ups.

I am just as happy getting materials as I am motifs. I've got well over 50 Corn Flowers now. Do you know how long it takes to harvest those? :smile:

I also got gobs of motif pages. I don't know what you are complaining about I love this event. Everything gets stocked up.
    Playing since beta...
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is anecdotal on your part, I refine mats at home and I will get yellows back to back on some runs, others none. It is just random (as random as a program can be), but at home I can pretty much count on one yellow temper every 100 raw mats +/-. I found two kutas in one rune yesterday and three runes later another, it really is unmapable, no need to wait for anything, you're potentially costing yourself resources.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Literally no way. I get like 7 temps almost back to back when refining sometimes. Not to mention I pulled 2 worm motifs on the same batch of 6 boxes I opened back to back in a matter of 15 seconds. And during farming events I've gotten 2 Kuta way faster than 5 minutes apart. It's all RNG, but everyone has a hard time believing it I guess.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    I like that we are going everywhere.

Gold Coast chat:

"F
    A
    A
    A
    F
    F
    A
    CG
    F
    F
    A
    A
    A
    A
    F
    A
    F
    F
    A
    [New Player]: WTH is happening?
    "
    10/10 Best Event.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really like doing dailies except of crafting ones, but the even is nice. I just wish Worm Cult motif pages had better drop rate.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like this event simply because it rewards players for doing things they probably already do anyway. And there is something for everyone. Cyro dailies for the PVPers, Writs for the crafters, Pledges for the Dungeon runners, etc. It feels less grindy and more like "Oh hey, I got a bonus for doing my daily routine."

That is not to say that some boxes aren't the saddest of sad trombones. :D
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the event so far. I managed to get a drop once of 20 columbine. To me, that is more valuable than the motifs.

My only problem is that I was yelled at in zone for killing a red in Bruma. I was unaware there was a temporary truce. Odd how there were EP who were not aware either. Is there a truce or not?
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't give praise often - check my post history. I'm a harsh critic, but on that token, it should also add greater weight to my praise.

This anniversary event? The areas are vastly populated (with some lag issues, but you'd expect that) - and the festival has been a winner all the way around so far. Perfect drop rates for motifs and stuff - lots of player co-ordination and guilds have THRIVED under this environment.

Full props the Zenimax and the team. It was my favourite event last year, and this year it's doubled down on it. I've played almost without sleep the past couple of days... lol. Surprisingly, I've seen people stating that ESO is dying - and I've seen that in the past 24 hours a LOT... no idea what game you're logged into - but it's not this one. It's alive, kicking the hell out of everything and VERY well indeed.

Not everyone is having good drop rates tbh, I got 3 worm motifs out of 375 boxes so far
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be taking full advantage of the 100% exp this weekend, once I clear Alik'r of its Skyshards (and two starter islands).

I have some skills to level up and this is a perfect time to do it.

As for the rewards, I've no complaints only because I'm not chasing them. They're just a nice extra for doing what I do anyway: steal everything!

My goal is to have Master Thief, TG and Legerdemain (17) max ranked by Sunday night.

With 100% exp... challenge accepted. :)

(note: I know TG is rank based, but I've 3 or more crime sprees to do until it's maxed, which should be tonight. Then, I get the final quest. Kari's book will be tomorrow)

Master Thief. Such a nice ring to this title, don't you think? >:)

does it affect any of that?

i have legerdmain, thief maxed on a bosmer nightblade and it is really fun. Just finishing off dark brotherhood for the trifecta
  • LSKidson
    LSKidson
    ✭✭
    This event is awesome. Loving it so far. Makes doing dalies fun again.
    PC-NA 720+ CP, PvX
    Mag Nightblade, Stam Dragonknight
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    I've only done a few more dailies than the writs on my main and alts over the past 2 days. I have received 3 worm cult pages, and numerous other pages, including some trinimac ones and an ebonheart pact swords one. I'm quite pleased with the event, as I can level my alts by literally chugging ambrosia, popping the cake, and turning in my writs daily. Super easy exp, and for me, I hate leveling alts. I love playing them on occasion, but getting them maxed always feels like such a chore to me and I never have enough time.

This event has been great. Even when I don't get a motif, I get something fun, usually some materials with which to craft motifs which I've just obtained or some such thing. I have gotten a couple worms and wood boxes, but those are the exception rather than the rule.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to kill your theory but I've found Kuta's in nodes I farmed back to back within 30 seconds of each other.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Do what the other people in your position are doing right now. Buy up all the super cheap motifs and store them. Whip them out a month from now when prices stabilize again.
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on April 6, 2018 8:32PM