Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dumb question - AH (Guild Trading)?

mjonis
mjonis
New player here. (About 10 days maybe?)

So ESO has no AH. Well "global" one anyway, at least based upon searching here.

Stupid questions:

1) I can visit any Guild Trader to BUY something, yes?
b) Assuming yes, is the inventory specific to that Guild Trader? So example: let's say in Vulkhel Guard there's 3 traders. You visit one and look for item BLAH, and either nothing found, or something found. Is that search result specific to *that* Guild trader only?

2) In order to sell something, you have to join a guild, yes?
b) Same thing. If you list something for sale, only people either in that guild or folks who search that guild can see the item for sale?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm spoiled I guess by all the other MMO I've played that have a global/universal auction hall of sorts, so this is kinda new to me.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can visit and buy from any trader. Their stock is unique to the guild holding it (no guild can hold two at once).

Yes you need to be in a guild to sell via that system. If you list for sale anyone in your guild can see it via the banker NPC (guild store) or anyone who visits your guild trader (if you own one).

Some bigger guilds might have selling requirements, or weekly fees. This is to offset the large costs (sometimes in the millions) that traders cost.

Each server has hubs where the larger more successful guilds gold their traders almost weekly, this is often the best place to go for items at current trending values. Better deals can be found elsewhere.

Check the Tamriel Trade Centre website for the chance to see listings (PC Only) and prices.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mjonis wrote: »

Stupid questions:

b) Assuming yes, is the inventory specific to that Guild Trader? So example: let's say in Vulkhel Guard there's 3 traders. You visit one and look for item BLAH, and either nothing found, or something found. Is that search result specific to *that* Guild trader only?

b) Same thing. If you list something for sale, only people either in that guild or folks who search that guild can see the item for sale?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm spoiled I guess by all the other MMO I've played that have a global/universal auction hall of sorts, so this is kinda new to me.

1) Yes

1.b) Yes, again. Each one will have completely different inventories.

2) Unfortunately, yes, if you are talking about selling in a trader. Most people that don't want to join a guild use area chat and sell directly to other players, but that is not for everyone.

2.b) Exactly.

Also, most guilds will have their own "store", with or without the trader. So even smaller guilds can allow listing stuff, but onle other guild members will be able to buy them.
    Edited by Dasovaruilos on April 5, 2018 4:23PM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stupid questions:

the bit i put in bold..... no.

you can sell via zone chat. you don't have to be in a guild to sell to other players.
  • mjonis
    mjonis
    Thanks all.

Appreciate the Tamriel Trade Centre website. I cannot imagine having to pay hundreds of gold per day to teleport around just to check every guild trader to try to find something you want. So this looks like something to help with that.

But I see that the global/universal AH vs. current setup is a touchy subject/hot issue.

This won't stop me from playing, just have to figure out how to best manage/deal with the system in place.
  • mjonis
    mjonis
    Just stumbled across the Nirn Auction House add-on which seems useful too.

Anyway, thanks again, back to playing the game tonight and still learning/exploring.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all.

Appreciate the Tamriel Trade Centre website. I cannot imagine having to pay hundreds of gold per day to teleport around just to check every guild trader to try to find something you want.

FYI, you don't need to pay anything. When you want to travel, go to a Wayshrine and click que Wayshire. The map will open and will can travel to another WS for free.

If you just open the map and click you will pay.

This is a very common (and costly!) mistake new players make.

• mjonis
    mjonis
    CalmFury wrote: »
    Thanks all.

Appreciate the Tamriel Trade Centre website. I cannot imagine having to pay hundreds of gold per day to teleport around just to check every guild trader to try to find something you want.

FYI, you don't need to pay anything. When you want to travel, go to a Wayshrine and click que Wayshire. The map will open and will can travel to another WS for free.

OMG, I did not know that.

Thank you so much!

Now I feel stupid. Ha!

Well that makes it a bit better combined with the website so I can search and see if what I want is even available and then where to travel to get to it.

Here I've been forking out gold to transfer, when a little horsey travel to the wayshrine would've gotten me there for free.
    LOL!
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CalmFury wrote: »
    Thanks all.

OMG, I did not know that.

Thank you so much!

Now I feel stupid. Ha!

Well that makes it a bit better combined with the website so I can search and see if what I want is even available and then where to travel to get to it.

Here I've been forking out gold to transfer, when a little horsey travel to the wayshrine would've gotten me there for free.
    LOL!

Don't feel stupid. I have been playing since 2015 and I can say for sure every single week I found a new player here, on Reddit or the game itself that didn't know this...

As I said, this is a very common new player mistake.
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's an FYI since you're new. Hitting F1 in game takes you to the help page. It has a LOT of useful info about most everything in the game. Welcome to ESO!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think.others have answered this mate.

Most efficient use of trading in my view. Join a few guilds so you have a few to sell via. Work out the tier of trader they get and sell appropriate to that zone i.e. Start stuff to starter zones.

From ANY ba k you can access the store of the trading guilds you in. And search is saved so easy way to check multipl traders without moving.

Don't use traders daily for basics. Learn to craft. Only use traders for rare items / sets.

Go on a hunt. The single best bit of no AH is there deals to be found. Hunt the far out traders and get cheap goodies.

ESO doesn't have a AH cos it doesn't need one, this system is better but you need to work with it.
    Edited by Beardimus on April 6, 2018 10:34PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more tip. Do the housing quest for you faction. Once you receive the free house, you can travel there at no charge.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.