The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Which of the 10 races would win in a brawl?

Azyle1
Azyle1
✭✭✭✭✭
A fight, a battle, whatever. If we give each race weapons/magic that they "lore-wise" are familiar with, who would be most fearsome? Which race would be the easiest target?

I know this seems like a hard to answer question, but it's just for fun.

I really have no idea, so I just thought I would make the topic.

I assume Argonians would be tough to fight in Black Marsh, but maybe weaker outside of that?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a brawl? An Orc.

In a drunken brawl? A Nord.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't a Telvanni (Dark Elf) just levitate out of range?

A Psijic (High Elf) would simply disappear, like Artaeum did.

The Nord would be lying on the floor drunk before the brawl broke out.

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends if the combantants are drunk or not, if they are drunk, the Nord wins. Otherwise, I would say an Orc
    Edited by JobooAGS on April 5, 2018 7:19PM
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly it depends on the circumstances, if it's an all out Melee where they are all rushing in I think the orcs birds and red guards all wear each other down fighting honorabley. Then the backstabbing bretons dunmer and slippery argonians will take out the weakened fighters. Then the altmer will declare them all less civilized and purge the undesirables. but then the the bosmer will show up and snipe the lone high elf and proceed to eat the FAllen combatants. Finally The khajiite who's hidden backstabs the fat happy wood elf and wins.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a brawl? An Orc.

Lol. :D

Soooo ... ya sayin an Orc can't hold his liquor?
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    In a brawl? An Orc.

Lol. :D

Soooo ... ya sayin an Orc can't hold his liquor?

Not in front of the Orc, LOL!

I'm saying the Nord undoubtedly has more experience fighting drunk.
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say khajiit, cuz claws.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of the magicka races most likely

Lightning bolts hurt a lot more than punches, and can be delivered from range.

Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer... you ever tried to fight a little wiry fellow with the dexterity of a squirrel?
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man I see my thing auto corrected N O R D to bird lol somehow that's really funny to
    Me.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy, you dont wanna fight a drunk nord
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With weapons? A Redguard, both in terms of game mechanics and lore.

Without? Definitely a khajiit. In game mechanics they're the only race with an unarmed bonus. In lore, they're renowned for their numerous martial art styles.

Note I'm going by the singleplayer games in terms of game mechanics, particularly Morrowind as it has the most detailed descriptions of each race's strengths and weaknesses.
    Edited by psychotrip on April 6, 2018 2:53AM
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • hexzilian13579
    Im gonna say high elf cause eventhough i play as a breton (so this is not bias) the high elves have very very powerful people such as the psjic order (assuming its an all race war where all memebers of each race partake in the war). Bare in mind the psjic order are one of the,if not the most, powerful group in Tamriel. They can control time, even stop it meaning they could end the fight before it even begins. And thats only the psjic order, imagine what else the high elves have in store for the other races.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For Argonians it heavily depends on if the Hist get the Argonians worked up in a frenzy. During the Oblivion crises the Hist called upon the Argonians and got them into a berzerker fury so that when Oblivion gates opened in Black Marsh, the Argonians invaded Dagons Deadlands and caused so much havoc that Dagon closed the portals himself. They out destroyed the Deadric Prince of Destruction.
    PC/EU DC
  • hexzilian13579
    For Argonians it heavily depends on if the Hist get the Argonians worked up in a frenzy. During the Oblivion crises the Hist called upon the Argonians and got them into a berzerker fury so that when Oblivion gates opened in Black Marsh, the Argonians invaded Dagons Deadlands and caused so much havoc that Dagon closed the portals himself. They out destroyed the Deadric Prince of Destruction.

Ok thats quite impressive, never though argonians were that powerful.
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    psychotrip wrote: »
    With weapons? A Redguard, both in terms of game mechanics and lore.

Without? Definitely a khajiit. In game mechanics they're the only race with an unarmed bonus. In lore, they're renowned for their numerous martial art styles.

Note I'm going by the singleplayer games in terms of game mechanics, particularly Morrowind as it has the most detailed descriptions of each race's strengths and weaknesses.

@psychotrip is definitely correct. Without weapons, Khajiit.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf stamina :smiley:
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whichever one is wearing Earthgore.
    PC EU
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends.

If you are inlcuding magic allowed, it's gonna be an altmer or dunmer who wins in a "battle". Lightning and fire hurt will destroy faster than a sword swing.

If it's only with melee weapons, then of course it's gonna be a Redguard or Nord. These two races both are well versed weapon warriors

In a brawl? A Orsimer is gonna win, sorry I dont care about khajjit claws, they will just *** an orc off while he breaks their body in half. Seriously these Elves are some brutal people lol. But they have that whole "malacath" thing going on from when Trinimac was an Aedra but was turned into a Daedra. So I dont even know if they are "elves" proper

The other races have other ways of winning fights
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on April 10, 2018 5:59PM
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    I know this seems like a hard to answer question, but it's just for fun.
    The Wood Elf.

Those who fall, they eat.

Those left standing, they eat.

>:)

• Logey7
    Logey7
    ✭✭
    Orc because orcs are nuts, probably Mike Tyson the oppents and eat their ear or something. Although nords when they get drunk could do some serious damage
  • blackhairblonde_pl
    blackhairblonde_pl
    Soul Shriven
    If you are inlcuding magic allowed, it's gonna be an altmer or dunmer who wins in a "battle".

If it's only with melee weapons, then of course it's gonna be a Redguard or Nord.

Exactly! With Altmer using magic in a tavern it will be long after battle before anyone else get his weapons ready.

But as for more 'traditional' brawl, I'd say that Redguard will win. Orcs are pure power, but can be rather clumsy, while Dunmer/Khajiit are agile, but will be KO after first hit. And Redguard is somewhere in the middle, physically weaker than Orc but compensating with technique. Not sure if those are only my prejudice, but Redguards seem to me to be much smarter fighters than Nords.

• Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are inlcuding magic allowed, it's gonna be an altmer or dunmer who wins in a "battle".

If it's only with melee weapons, then of course it's gonna be a Redguard or Nord.

Exactly! With Altmer using magic in a tavern it will be long after battle before anyone else get his weapons ready.

But as for more 'traditional' brawl, I'd say that Redguard will win. Orcs are pure power, but can be rather clumsy, while Dunmer/Khajiit are agile, but will be KO after first hit. And Redguard is somewhere in the middle, physically weaker than Orc but compensating with technique. Not sure if those are only my prejudice, but Redguards seem to me to be much smarter fighters than Nords.

I'd say thats a fair point. But that would be getting into the Individual characteristics of the person.

As a race Orcs are born very big and very powerful, and they are all traditionally taught to
    fight and battle through means of combat. It's their literal way of life.

Redguard has this to, but to a much lesser extent because they are far more numerous and dont have to be as extreme as the Orsimer do because they have a definitive country and culture. Unlike the Orsimer who live in remote secluded clans with very little cohesive government other than ESO's timeline and even then it's flimsy at best

But Redguards is more the "way of the sword" rather than brawling. But I wouldn't put it past an exceptional Redguard to best an Orsimer in a brawl combat, but I think that would be the exception in a skilled redguards case. And thats ecluding the particulars orsimers skill as well
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on April 14, 2018 4:53PM
  • Aldorexi
    Aldorexi
    Soul Shriven
    If the nords are allowed to use the thu'um then i'd say the nords
  • Aldorexi
    Aldorexi
    Soul Shriven
    Im gonna say high elf cause eventhough i play as a breton (so this is not bias) the high elves have very very powerful people such as the psjic order (assuming its an all race war where all memebers of each race partake in the war). Bare in mind the psjic order are one of the,if not the most, powerful group in Tamriel. They can control time, even stop it meaning they could end the fight before it even begins. And thats only the psjic order, imagine what else the high elves have in store for the other races.

Pretty sure that the psijic order doesn't only consist of altmer
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldorexi wrote: »

Pretty sure that the psijic order doesn't only consist of altmer

The thu'um isn't nord specific. It's just dragon language.

To date every Psijjic has been an Altmer, but yes I'd agree they most likely aren't Altmer specific.

Sotha Sil knew where they are as he said he'd go inform them personally. He may even be an honorary psijjic himself since his power exceeds all theirs combined but it still plays into his Clockwork city project
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on April 15, 2018 1:24PM
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To date every Psijjic has been an Altmer

There was a Bosmer Psijic in Skyrim.

• TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To date every Psijjic has been an Altmer

There was a Bosmer Psijic in Skyrim.

and a photo of 3 psijiic monks from the new summerset and one is a khajiit.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there we go. The Psijjic monks are not all Altmer.

Just started out in Summerset Isles as Altmer