Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Price for worm cult motif?

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
In your platform and what price are you buying them or selling them?
Pc na
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA

Last night prices ranged 30,000 to 500,000 but averaged 100,000.
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA

Do you think the price would rise or fall? The drop rate is rare imo, and they’re only available for the 12 days, plus the look is not bad.
    Pc na
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too early to say, really.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    PC/NA

Do you think the price would rise or fall? The drop rate is rare imo, and they’re only available for the 12 days, plus the look is not bad.

they will come back next year sooo...
    they will shatter like hollowjack and skinchanger
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »
    PC/NA

But the demand is way more than supply, the drop rate isn’t like hollowjack or skinchanger at all.
    Pc na
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA

But the demand is way more than supply, the drop rate isn’t like hollowjack or skinchanger at all.

To some people it is, some have gotten 10+ in like 100 dailies yet some are like 1:200
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    PC/NA

To some people it is, some have gotten 10+ in like 100 dailies yet some are like 1:200

my friend got 6 out of 8 boxes, lol
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the initial boxes drop are fantastic like worm cult etc, then the more boxes you open the more junk they are. I think there might be a cool down on boxes, or maybe a cap on drop rate for the day. Or just high drop rate initially so that we keep doing them thinking it’s the same.
    Pc na
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pulled a chest first box wife gave me legs but 70 boxes later not seen another peice
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA

nothing is selling at the high prices, they will be dropping like a rock, right now i do 84 writs in less than 2 hours on my 14 players, plus the crow one which takes almost 2 min, so 85 times 14 days equals 1190 Birthday boxes i open, i had to dump over 50 items i had 4 sale in 5 different guilds just to free up some space for motif, i'm pricing almost all of them at 10k or less just to try and move items so that i don't run out of space on my 7 mules and bank, so most of those high prices ones will just collect dust, and keep paying large listing fees, just take what i getting times a few million players and guess how many motif will wind up being for sale

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only had one drop last night on PC NA but found a different page in a guild store for 5,000. I’m getting a lot more non-worm cult motifs, random furniture recipes and crafting materials so far.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sold sword and axe motif last night for 75k each.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will most likely drop to an average of 30,000 by next week.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got three pages out of one hundred thirty-six boxes on day one. I plan to hold on to them at least until the end of the event. If the prices don't climb after the end of the event, I can always still learn them.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ive gotten 3 out of 28 boxes. Im only running two characters and will probably do 25-40 quests a day. So by the end of this event i will probably have most or all of them. I dont really see them keeping those prices long. I expect them to fall to the 2k-10k range by the end of the event.

I have a 60 slot storage chests just for the extras from this event and i can buy another 60 and a 30 if i need more space for them. . Ill wait until june or july to sell any motifs that drop from the event boxes. , probably right after chapter release. You usually get a bunch of returning players and new players with xpack releases, so the demand will go up.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the initial boxes drop are fantastic like worm cult etc, then the more boxes you open the more junk they are. I think there might be a cool down on boxes, or maybe a cap on drop rate for the day. Or just high drop rate initially so that we keep doing them thinking it’s the same.

So far per character this seems to be the case for me. I will have to try more characters to learning this continues.
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA

Over the course of the event will fall drastically. They really aren't that rare. Most people were getting one every 20-30 boxes. After the event they'll probably recover a bit, before crashing next year when they presumably re-release it. Such us the cycle of holiday items.

Edited by Nihility42 on April 5, 2018 4:11PM
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one listed for 120k, not sure if it will sell. I saw others listed at 3, 4 hundred k.

I think price will stay high, it's pretty rare. Won't this motif be available from Fang Lair in the future? If so it will still be expensive cause that dungeon HM is...hard.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Motifs normally have some sort of CD, as far as i can tell. For example if you farm the hew bane bosses for motifs, you might get one on your first try, but if you keep farming you wont get anymore. The CD seems to be 24 or 48 hours after the drop. I can tell with boss drops because if its not off CD it will only drop green loot every time. If it drops blue or purple gear, its off CD.

At least that has been my experience. I dont know how it works, or even if it works with the event boxes. But thats been my experience from motif drops for quests and bosses unless its a guaranteed drop for doing X such as heists.

I did get a bunch of motifs out of my first 15 or 20 boxes but it has slowed down from about 50% drop rate to about 10% drop rate in event boxes for me.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on April 5, 2018 5:17PM