The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Was Zaan Tested Prior to Release?

Triipzzz
Triipzzz
✭✭✭
Im not the worst battlegrounds player for the record but I've played the game for long enough to see when something is out of f...... control. I've been killed multiple times recently and killed others with the new ZAAN set. It's honestly ***. I'm sure it skipped testing because It hits 20k+ in non-cp battlegrounds which is most peoples entire health and literally only requires a single heavy attack before. its like having a soul assault ulti consistently burning you while trying to fight.

Seriously who the f... created this unbalanced crap and why do you put all this effort into "balance" only to release the next overpowered set every single god damn f...... patch.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Presumably it was tested by the same people who tested and then okayed Earthgore...

AKA the marketing team tested it an said "Yep, this'll bring all the PVPers to the yard until the next update(s) when we nerf it."
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah seen it of some mag dks and it really increases their damage
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. And it sucks. Even I as a DK (inb4 defending clutch. I don't use zaan, I use skoria.) I can counter it by misting, batsing, or moving.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah well lots of people belive its fine

You know same way earthgore , destro ult (back in the days) and poisons are fine...

Obviously OP for no cp BG but seems noone cares

If you have a templaer zaan can be purged though
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zaan is a potato masher. If you die to it, you either did something wrong, or your opponent outplayed you, and thus probably could have killed you anyway with a different build.

Blocking, Moving, Purging, Cloaking, all nice viable ways of beating Zaan
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Triipzzz
    Triipzzz
    ✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Zaan is a potato masher. If you die to it, you either did something wrong, or your opponent outplayed you, and thus probably could have killed you anyway with a different build.

Obviously has many counters but when combo'd with cc and pressure its just another major tick to deal with. Even stam use it.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

I love these types of comments lol
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea...certain matchups leave the "victim" with essentially no chance to break the beam, barring significant outside intervention. I'm not a fan of proc sets in general, and this one is particularly dumb.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Triipzzz wrote: »

Obviously has many counters but when combo'd with cc and pressure its just another major tick to deal with. Even stam use it.

You know what else kills people when combined with CC and pressure?

Literally anything.

What realistically is the difference between me killing you with a Dizzy, Dawnbreaker and Reverse Slice combo, to me doing the same with Zaan, Talons, Fossilise, Leap?

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

Literally anything.

What realistically is the difference between me killing you with a Dizzy, Dawnbreaker and Reverse Slice combo, to me doing the same with Zaan, Talons, Fossilise, Leap?

Well w you require the skill to land dizzying swing and hopefully not have it get block then you need to land the DB and hope it doesn't disappear and the hit them with reverse slice(point of this is you actually have to use skills to get damage)

with the other scenario you are essentially casting a cc and ultimate and another ultimate except you don't have to cast anything its just free damage(you are essentially getting another ult for free in no cp bgs)
    Edited by Mihael on April 5, 2018 10:52PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not many people survive the Zaan and Soul Assault combo...it's a very strong burst DoT. And it's cheap I know.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this set stays as it is. A lot of people who play this game needs to up their skill level and no better way than this. For all you casuals out there, if you can survive this set and it’s relative combos associated with it you will no longer become Xv1 cannon fodder. This will literally make you a decent skilled player able to think about his/her attacks instead of hoping the person dies shortly.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

Literally anything.

Well w you require the skill to land dizzying swing and hopefully not have it get block then you need to land the DB and hope it doesn't disappear and the hit them with reverse slice(point of this is you actually have to use skills to get damage)

with the other scenario you are essentially casting a cc and ultimate and another ultimate except you don't have to cast anything its just free damage(you are essentially getting another ult for free in no cp bgs)

The difference, is that I can fish for the first combo all day until my Dizzying Swing goes through, while the second relies on a 10% proc chance with a long cooldown.

In the second case, if the person getting Zaan'd is a Nightblade or a Templar, all they need to do is hit cloak or cleanse, and all of that damage is negated.
    For other build, pop a heal and hold block, and you take next to nothing from the combo.
    Better yet, CC the guy zaaning you and move away.

Zaan has a huge amount of options for counterplay, which is why good players don't use it, unless it is in a setup that is built around Zaan.

• ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    "but uuhhh all you gotta do is roll away!"

Lol yea it hits hard, templars and nightblades can break it by hitting cloak and their purge though, sorcs can just streak and dk. well *** dk's.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    I hope this set stays as it is. A lot of people who play this game needs to up their skill level and no better way than this. For all you casuals out there, if you can survive this set and it’s relative combos associated with it you will no longer become Xv1 cannon fodder. This will literally make you a decent skilled player able to think about his/her attacks instead of hoping the person dies shortly.

This is true.

But that doesn’t mean it’s OK.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    zParallaxz wrote: »

This is true.

But that doesn’t mean it’s OK.

Agreed. In the hands of someone who knows what they are doing, it's just plain stupid.