The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet min req

• karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, you should be able to do vets pre 160, but above 50. It won't really effect the run unless its a more difficult vet dungeon <DLC/CoA2/BC2>.

I would rather have people learn vet dungeons leveling up than grind dolmens or skyreach and enter 160 and not know what the dodge command is any day.

Also I have seen so many 300+ CP chars with full sets die to bolt attacks in HM Spindle/BC1. Those are both dodgeable too.
    Edited by karekiz on April 5, 2018 3:54PM
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLC dungeons are extremely difficult.
    not a complaint, but to ZOS’s credit if they release a paid DLC with 2 dungeons they are giving the player their money’s worth!

the best solution for all players is to remove all DLC dungeons from random queue for normal and veteran.
    they should be treated as trials and require premade groups.
    this will also keep the DLC dungeons from getting nerfed as they often have several times because the casuals are “locked out” until they find a group.
    this saves many many headaches.

the DLC dungeon packs are available to subscribers, or to folks who dont sub and buy the DLC for a challenge. either of those crowds and PUGs do not mesh well. they are separate target audiences.
    not everyone wants a challenge, and those that do can group up and go tackle those activities together while leaving the casuals out it.

i began ESO a couple weeks before morrowind released and i have been ESO+ the whole time and i wouldnt be upset if i queue for a random dungeon i dont get a DLC dungeon. i bought that content and will play it when i choose to play it, and it will NOT be with PUGs.

i will admit, i refuse to do the random daily EVEN ON NORMAL because of the chance i get a DLC dungeon :neutral:
    i have completed all DLC dungeons on normal and none on veteran. (hoping for the golden to sell lord warden helmet!)
    they are well designed and such but they are NOT made for PUGs.
    this makes the DLC dungeons entirely too difficult, but that isnt a complaint on the content.
    it is a complaint on PUG life.
    i can do my job as a tank in any dungeon.
    but... in PUGs you have to rely on getting THREE others who actually care and know what to do, or be willing to learn.
    those are not very good odds.

theres nothing like queue for random veteran dungeon and you get freakin white gold tower! i am in the 640s currently and confident in my tank role. i am not a CP elitist and i dont know everything and i wont act like i do, but a CP22 khajiit healer with no resto staff and only spamming bow light attacks just isnt going to cut it.
    even if the dungeon goes “alright,” the planar inhibitor wont allow any further progression.

believe that.
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why shouldnt they be in the queue? Because they cant meet your requirements?

Umm yes...the enemies are 160, the gear is suppose to be 160. So why not require the players be 160 too. As somebody else stated the gear is useless very quickly as you get stuff the same level as your character. Since that is the case why not run a normal that gets you the same items at the same level is a lot easier.
  • Zeni0s
    Zeni0s
    ✭✭
    Hey,

Check the patch note 3.2.5

The 2 DB dongeons has been added. Only hardest content is caped cp 160 in random mod. Putting all vet DG too higher is a bad choice, in this game you're free to go (yeah free to be kicked too, but being kicked out of these DG over here is hard).

And set a 300cp wall on DLC Dg is also a bad idea. To compare, I passed vMA cp280. How was I able to do that? Trained myself into hard vet dongeons.

Edited by Zeni0s on April 5, 2018 4:31PM
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first rule of vet dungeons is don't PUG vet dungeons. Anyone want to guess what the second rule is?
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »
    Guarlet wrote: »
    Soleya wrote: »
    It's pointless doing vets before you are cp 160. Any gear you get is soon going to be useless.

Except many new players do dungeons to level undaunted, which is important regardless of level.

It takes like a few days to reach 160 CP from Level 50. It's not hard at all to reach the point where you won't be dragging down everyone around you (as much), and that will make farming Undaunted easier for both yourself and your party. Everybody wins!

I've seen plenty of CP 700 players dragging down teams, and plenty of level 20's who can pull 20k dps, which is more than enough to beat vet dungeons.

Level 20 players pulling 20k dps without CPs ? Come on. You cant be serious. Let that level 20 player do veteran maelstrom arena then post it in youtube. I think you can do vet content only in level 50 including VMA. Even without CPs malestrom requires a lot if skill , which only very few players have.

CP levels matter a lot in this game. CP 720 is atleast 100 percent powerful than CP 160 on CP numbers alone.

When I moved from CP 160 to 300 my dps goes up from 15k to 25k without changing anything. In pure numbers alone a CP 720 player can produce 50 percent more dps and defense with gear not counted.

With gear difference its huge difference even with same player level skill. Thats why people have benchmark of CP 300 for veteran dungeons especially for dps. If any <200 CP player join for tough veteran dungeons, people simply leave without telling anything. You might noticed it. No offense. I will definitely give enough chance , before I think its hopeless. For normal veteran , I dont care. I can carry a heavy weight, except few DLC dungeons. Some may not choose to.

If you are CP 160 aspiring for veteran content on hard mode, you have to prove sufficiently that atleast you are not a heavy weight to the team. This percentage is too small and nobody going to care unless you come up. Again its offensive to judge , unless you play for sometime.

You can talk about player skill, almost 80 percent of the player atleast decent skills, unless they use bots to level up or too dumb. Again skills matter even you are CP720 player.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on April 5, 2018 5:25PM
  • Zeni0s
    Zeni0s
    ✭✭
    Level 20 players pulling 20k dps without CPs ? Come on. You cant be serious.

You can be lv20 with 720 cp.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni0s wrote: »

Thats what I asked. LVL 20 without CPs ? I think he is simply bluffing , without knowing anything about the game. Veteran dungeons open up only at level 45. You cant even queue veteran dungeon at level 20.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on April 5, 2018 5:18PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why shouldnt they be in the queue? Because they cant meet your requirements?

Umm yes...the enemies are 160, the gear is suppose to be 160. So why not require the players be 160 too. As somebody else stated the gear is useless very quickly as you get stuff the same level as your character. Since that is the case why not run a normal that gets you the same items at the same level is a lot easier.

All enemies are 160 though....
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the main issue is under-powered gear, although that's certainly a factor, but the fact that low CP players are typically newer to the game and unfamiliar with not only mechanics but how skills are used and how to function as a group. An experienced player could take control of a low CP toon and have no problem clearing vet dungeons but an inexperienced player could be given control of a high CP, golded out cookie-cutter build from Alcast and still have trouble clearing because they don't know how the game works.
    PS4 NA
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    I don't think it has anything to do with CP but mostly the player skill / gear / build that plays the roll. Last night for example, as a tank i've been running Veteran Darkshade Caverns II for the Netch set and one of the DPS was CP 340 or so. A sorc who was just using liquid lightning and light attacks, thats it lol. Its like man, you really cant be that *** lol?

I really feel bad for the other people that have to sit in queue for a very long time only to have zero chance at finishing the dungeon. They do need to up the group count to 5, or hell even 6 to speed it up a bit and lessen the negative effect of having a bad player.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You shouldn't be able to random queue for anything you haven't completed - only directly queue for it. This would help to adjust the clutter in the DLC dungeons where it's almost pointless to queue for unless you bring 40k DPS as a DPS or 15-20k as the tank/healer.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni0s wrote: »

Thats what I asked. LVL 20 without CPs ? I think he is simply bluffing , without knowing anything about the game. Veteran dungeons open up only at level 45. You cant even queue veteran dungeon at level 20.

I don't know anything about the game?

Veteran dungeons open up at level 50, not 45.

I've completed every dungeon in this game on vet, and have completed Vet Maelstrom on numerous characters.

I would rather have a CP 10 player in my group that understands dungeon mechanics and knows to stay out of the red than a CP 720 that doesn't. A dead DPS = negative DPS.

Every non vet DLC dungeon can be cleared with two dps pulling 15k each, without issues.

My point on low levels, is that level and CP has nothing to do with how good you are as a player. You also don't need to be in a vet dungeon to do dps.