Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Magicka Enchantment proc crit on stam toon

Amoureros
Amoureros
✭✭✭
If Stam DK is using fire(or ice or lightning) enchantment for some reason, does the proc crit follows spell crit or whichever higher?

Best Answer

• Amoureros
    Amoureros
    ✭✭✭
    I have tested it with combat metric add-on. Fire enchantment follows spell crit no matter what.
    Answer ✓
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elemental damage is a category of magic damage, so the damage from the flame/frost/lightning weapon enchantment should be based off of magicka damage. If you have added spell resistance, it will resist flame/frost/lightning damage, so it should go the other way around too. However, the damage the weapon itself does should still be based off of weapon damage, so on a hit, you're doing both weapon and spell damage. Crit should apply just as damage does. I have not tested any of this (so take it with a grain of salt), but this is how the game should work based on my understanding of it.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.