MAKE THE IMPERIAL CITY SUBZONE RELEVANT TO THE ALLIANCE WAR.
This topic came up a lot when IC was announced, when it launched, and gets a little mention here and there every so often, but it requires a major change:
PLEASE ZOS ROLL THE IC DLC INTO THE BASEGAME.
I know some of you agree, some don't care, etc. But *if* Imperial City were part of the basic Elder Scrolls Online purchase it would no longer count as pay-to-win to make the zone relevant to Cyrodiil.
Yes, that also means bundling the two IC dungeons into the base game, but that's going to happen eventually anyway and there is more to be gained overall by moving the IC zone into full union with Cyrodiil sooner rather than later. Or leave them as DLC. Whatever.
OK, so that's the TL;DR summary but then there are the implications. I won't dredge up the old posts and comments about how to make IC relevant to Cyro (mine or anyone else's), but at present some people consider going to IC a drain on the war effort in Cyro because both zones share the same population cap.
Yet if there were strategic advantages to the Alliance War Campaign to capturing and holding particular districts and/or to holding a certain total number of districts this changes.
Now, factions have to decide their priorities: scrolls, keeps/outposts, or districts?
Plus, it lets people spread out more (some in Cyro, some in IC) to reduce lag while still letting them focus on Alliance War objectives.
How such a system is implemented, and whether the sewers should play a role, is up for discussion and debate. I've done posts, old and recent, on both the PvP and PvE elements of IC, but I want to hear *your* thoughts and ideas on how this could or should be done before I toss ought whatever new thoughts pop into my head. One thing to consider though is that it would be great if there were mutual feedback in some way between scrolls, keeps/outposts, and districts, so that none could be completely neglected. Like the three-way ouroboros for the old ESO logo -- A affects B which impacts C which influences A. Very dynamic.
If done even halfway well in terms of making the districts relevant to overland Cyrodiil, this could have a domino effect with more changes/buffs/attention given to both zones.
Edited by tinythinker on April 1, 2018 3:56PM
- Joined ESO in March 2014 (PC-NA) yet always learning more about playing the game
- Current skill level/level of enjoyment -- Cyrodiil (Siege/Defense): B+... Dueling/1vX: F... BGs: D-... Vet Dungeons: C-... DLC dungeons/trials: D+... Overland PvE: A-
- Semi-retired wall o' text brick-layer on the ESO forums
- *Lots* of Argonian characters. Most like to be known in game as Glides-Under-Starlight (EP lizard Dragonknight), Hrrska-Set (EP lizard Templar), Bentalliolous Rov (DC Breton Sorcerer), and Sparkles-At-Twilight (AD lizard Warden)
- Also play FFXIV (on Faerie server) and WoW (on Dalaran server)
- Have a great day!