The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Locked out of the game for days

Vogdal
Vogdal
Soul Shriven
I've had a ticket up for a few days, which got elevated quickly but hasn't been elaborated on further or even assigned to an agent. (180328-003780)

I know that there's an ongoing issue being investigated with the store screwing up in applying entitlements to peoples' accounts and all, but I'm not entirely convinced that this is the case with my issue unless my account's entitlements were somehow screwed up retroactively.

As far as my account page says, I own Summerset (and therefore also Morrowind, as I last logged out on Vvardenfell) - there are some people who bought the pre-purchase bundle and haven't seen it show up on their account pages or in-game, but it clearly states that I at least own Summerset. However, since I rejoined recently from Closed Beta, it says that my account status is "Active - Trial", and also that I'm apparently linked to Steam via an account that doesn't exist named after my ESO UserID.

Despite all of that, I was able to play the game for two whole days after the free trial weekend ended until suddenly the game kept telling me that my account login was wrong or inactive and I couldn't login and play anymore. There's so much going on that I legitimately don't know what the problem could be - could it be this ghost-account that's linked to Steam? Could it be my account status? Could it be the issue with the entitlements from the ESO store?

At least two of these possibilities have workarounds if someone would just take a look at my ticket, it may not even be related to the entitlements problem.

Particularly, having support apply my game code on their end and/or unlinking this floating Steam account might do the trick given what I've read from other similar issues - I don't know yet, because nobody's gotten back to me.

My lockout has gone on for so long that since it happened on the day the Jester's Festival returned, I've missed the entirety of the event. At this point I want to know if this really is part of a bigger issue or if something can be done so I can go back to playing the game.
Edited by Vogdal on March 31, 2018 6:44PM